_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Going on about Attendance

Default Going on about Attendance

I was just looking at attendance numbers on Tuesday/Wednesday night games in the SBC vs. the MAC.

Check out these numbers, all from this week in the MAC:

Ball State @ U Mass Wednesday night Attendance 13,374
    Kent State @ Bowling Green Wednesday night Attendance 8,417 (same state for goodness sake and BGSU is 7-3)
    Akron @ Buffalo Tuesday Night Attendance 17,343
    Toledo @ Northern Illinois Tuesday Night Attendance 8,462 (Northern Illinois is 8-2 and was playing a 6-3 team)

Previous Week MAC all weeknight games:

Bowling Green @ Akron Tuesday Night Attendance 10,348
    Toledo @ Kent State Tuesday Night Attendance 7,471
    Buffalo @ Ohio Wednesday Night Attendance 15,405
    NIU @ Ball State Wednesday Night Attendance 6,642

Compare to the SBC numbers

UL at Texas State, Tuesday night attendance 18,509 (one team was 3-2 the other was 2-3)
    stAte at UL, Tuesday night attendance 21,760

Default Re: ______ing about Attendance

While I agree. How about you post the weather reports with those games.

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    You got something against freezing rain?

Haha Only on game night when accompanied with a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a pregnant wife!

I would be willing to bet that if you compared those attendance numbers 3 weeks ago, you would see similar comparisons. In other words, I'd say that we would consistently put more people in the stands in good weather also.

Wait till we see the attendance figures in Monroe on Saturday evening with this cold weather!!!

However, they will be able to count me, and three others, in the number (however small it turns out to be).

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I would be willing to bet that if you compared those attendance numbers 3 weeks ago, you would see similar comparisons. In other words, I'd say that we would consistently put more people in the stands in good weather also.
    You play the hand you are dealt. God doesn't like you and made you live in Ohio during November? So what. You should be used to it by now. Bundle up...and show up.

People in these areas are used to that weather, that is no excuse why a team that is 8-2 playing on National TV at home against another bowl eligible team can't draw more than 8K.

There is no reason for BGSU and NIU to pull under 10K, ever. These are good programs with good recent history and they are both putting under 9K in the seats. We would be blasting our fans if this were to happen.

Blog Entries

The "Whether Report"

Factors that influence whether or not to attend, which includes the weather.

Default Re: Griping about Attendance

MAC schools always have low numbers.

Do you blame ppl for not wanting to watch MAC football? I don't. I also don't _____ about attendance like I once did because I can't blame folks for not wanting to watch SBC football. It's poor quality, comparably speaking.. Sorry, it is what it is.

But the weather plays a huge part.

I watched all of those MAC games on TV and I can assure you those numbers are completely bogus! UL fans have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. For a Mid - Major football program...we hold our own!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I watch all of those MAC games on TV and I can assure you those numbers are completely bogus! UL fans have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. For a Mid - Major football program...we hold our own!
    I'm personally not ashamed, just disappointed.

But the weather plays a huge part.
    My point is that no, it doesn't. They have low numbers in September and October as well

Well, let me acknowledge that I'm sure that weather makes a lot of their fans think twice about going out there on a 30 degree Saturday Night against Buffalo, however, even when the weather is very nice and pleasant for the first half of the season, their numbers are very similar.

I'm personally not ashamed, just disappointed.
    Most of us were disappointed with the HC attendence. Perfect weather, playing well and homecoming yet attendence was blah for OUR Standards. I do not care what others are getting. Especially the MAC. We had 30+ for FIU a few years ago, no reason we shouldn't have that every year.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

College football attendance is plummeting all over the country except for the P5 schools. Truth be told, many P5 schools are also seeing an attendance drop. Top 25 schools are the exception. Too much TV and the belief today that your games are meaningless if you do not have a chance at being in the Top 4 fuels much of this. Fans of P5 schools are also not going to games against schools that they have advantages over. Look at the stands in the 2nd half of the LSU vs NMSU game. I don't know where we stand in average attendance for the non P5 FBS schools but I bet we are in the Top 10. That includes a rain game against Southern, a game against Tech which had rain earlier in the day, a game when we were 1 and 3 at the time against Georgia State, a Tuesday game against Ark. State, and a game against South Alabama which was quite windy and cold to some. I know that means we need weekend games, perfect weather, no LSU game, and a strong record to draw to our potential. We had that in Hud's first year. I recognize that and wish it were not so. Still, we are doing better than the great majority of schools with similar resources. I know East Carolina is ahead of us as is Marshall. Those schools are having outstanding seasons and if we were playing at that level, our support would be stronger as well. I do agree with those who say the current makeup of the SBC may be impacting us some. That just is more evidence that we would benefit from a league move. Everyone knows that. However the reality is (like it or not) that is unlikely to occur anytime soon. Therefore, we need to make the best of the situation we are in. That situation is still better than most schools outside of the P5.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Most of us were disappointed with the HC attendence. Perfect weather, playing well and homecoming yet attendence was blah for OUR Standards. I do not care what others are getting. Especially the MAC. We had 30+ for FIU a few years ago, no reason we shouldn't have that every year.
    That's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    My point is that no, it doesn't. They have low numbers in September and October as well
    Weather matters..everyone of these numbers of attendance is a huge difference from their averages based on 2013 numbers. Hell NoIll had 8k last game but average 20k last year. Everyone of the attendance numbers were thousands less than their season averages from a year ago.

Watched some of the northern Illinois game and was surprised Of the lack of people

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast