_ _ _ _

Thread: Did Alonzo get hurt?

Default Did Alonzo get hurt?

Didn't see him in the game at all after a while. I saw him with his helmet on and standing on the sidelines like he was ready to go in but he never did. It was the Prophet and Reed in the crucial moments in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Default Re: Did Alonzo get hurt?

He fumbled

Ohhh that makes more sense. When he didn't even go in on that 4th and short, I knew something was wrong

Not that There is ever a good time for a fumble, but he had one against ole miss inside the 10 and I think he had one against tech on their side of the field as well.

He fumbled without being hit by a defender. It was bad

On the post game show they said he was sore all week so that may have more to do with him not playing very much last night. Rest him for the final haul.

Blog Entries

Sore after having 10 days between games? I hope he is ok. Harris is one of my favoritw players on this team. He deserves to have a great ending to his Cajun career! One of the most unselfish players I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    He fumbled without being hit by a defender. It was bad
    Don't know about that.

From our vantage point it look like he went into the left side of the line and kind of rolled to the right inside the mass Of humanity. And the ball prolly got punched out

I'm just hoping this is Alonzo fighting and scraping for every yard.

He just needs to be more aware that everybody's part of that fighting and scraping

I really like Alonzo too and want him to finish his career here strong. He's been a hell of a player and teammate these last 4 years!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Ohhh that makes more sense. When he didn't even go in on that 4th and short, I knew something was wrong
    Alonzo was still banged up from the ASU game and he took a few good shots early and wasn't running well. Because of his soreness, he had a hard time protecting the football.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Alonzo was still banged up from the ASU game and he took a few good shots early and wasn't running well. Because of his soreness, he had a hard time protecting the football.
    Thanks for the clarification, T

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hud told me Thursday he missed some practice time because he was so banged up. He carried it 27 times against ASU. I wasn't surprised he didn't play the second half. Hud told Steve at halftime he was pretty banged up.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Hud told me Thursday he missed some practice time because he was so banged up. He carried it 27 times against ASU. I wasn't surprised he didn't play the second half. Hud told Steve at halftime he was pretty banged up.
    Glad we were able to pull out the win and let him rest a bit. We are going to need him healthy for the last stretch of the season and into the bowl game. Hopefully we will be in a position to be able to rest him up this weekend as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    JayBird,

How is Stevie P doing after getting pounded after the Ark. St. game? Was he full speed Saturday, or did y'all have to limit his action as well so he could be full speed in Las Cruces? HaHaHa.