_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bowl eligibility in the Sun Belt: Breaking it down - From the Bird's Nest

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Bowl eligibility in the Sun Belt: Breaking it down - From the Bird's Nest

including something you might not at home.

http://espn1420.com/how-many-sun-bel...he-birds-nest/

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bowl eligibility in the Sun Belt: Breaknig it down - From the Bird's Nest

That is interesting. I was about to ask this very question after reading the USA/Troy result thread. It's very interesting to hear that Georgia Southern, although a longshot scenario, could actually get in a bowl. I thought "bowl ineligible" meant it.

Another interesting issue with adding FCS schools... like Georgia Sourhern... to a conference. When they're good, and they win against their new conferences foes, they rob eligibility and lessen records that might garner better bowl invites. The conference needs them to lose more than win in that limbo year.

Oh well... interesting to see how things are shaping up. I smell a return to the NO Bowl for us. Of course, we have to take care of business. If that is the case, I'd like us to play a really solid regional opponent that brings fans of their own this go around. We need something to add to the experience in New Orleans.

Oh... and I'm not superstitious and have no fear... ever... of looking down the road and thinking out loud.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Bowl eligibility in the Sun Belt: Breaknig it down - From the Bird's Nest

I am kinda looking from inside to out geographically

-Tulane might not make it Monroe, Ark St, USA, T St conference

-Houston, S Miss, UAB, Memphis, UTSA, Tulsa, UTEP, N TEX

---the MACers and MWCers???? Your thoughts on what the NO Bowl could be!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    including something you might not at home.

http://espn1420.com/how-many-sun-bel...he-birds-nest/
    Will the Cajuns try to avoid the New Orleans Bowl a fourth straight year, or do they draw a better crowd, media attention, and a better opponent by going there if invited?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I smell a return to the NO Bowl for us. Of course, we have to take care of business. If that is the case, I'd like us to play a really solid regional opponent that brings fans of their own this go around. We need something to add to the experience in New Orleans.
    The conference tie-in this year for the New Orleans Bowl is the Mountain West. So we won't get an opponent within driving distance -- but hopefully one with national visibility. I'd love to see Air Force.

I'd avoid it strictly and selfishly because it's an early kickoff and Beth will likely call the game

Quote Originally Posted by NO BOWL 11 Grad View Post
    I'd avoid it strictly and selfishly because it's an early kickoff and Beth will likely call the game
    Yeah, I'm with you on that one. Don't really care for her much at all.

Default Re: Bowl eligibility in the Sun Belt: Breaking it down - From the Bird's Nest

I love New Orleans above the other SBC tie ins. I hate the 10 AM kickoff this year! I mean hate it so much, it is already gonna make this one worse than the other trips...if we were to get invited back.

Default Re: Bowl eligibility in the Sun Belt: Breaking it down - From the Bird's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I love New Orleans above the other SBC tie ins. I hate the 10 AM kickoff this year! I mean hate it so much, it is already gonna make this one worse than the other trips...if we were to get invited back.
    It would be interesting to see if we could bring 45,000 to a 10:00 am kickoff.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Texas St get the big road win over ULM. Down 15-0 and come back to win 22-18 in the second half

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Bowl eligibility in the Sun Belt: Breaking it down - From the Bird's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Go Daddy Bowl raining freezing last game before the national championship vs ten in the morning in a great facility. Naw I do not see that, or Camellia bowl in a glories 1AA stadium. Naw, I think NOLA still pretty nice Saturday morning. Indy bowl, likely rain, but yea toss up depending on opponent.

We got a lot more important goals than picking a bowl right now.

We need to play in a different bowl this year. I'd love to play in a bowl in either Houston, Dallas, Mobile, or even Shreveport.

Sun Belt doesn't have a tie in to the Indy Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    You sure you wanna be the voice of reason on the Indy Bowl?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    HA!

HA!

HA!

The Indy bowl expert chimes in.

Thanks for the input. Im sure Farmer will.be calling LATURd for bowl advice come December.

What a stupid rule that Ga Southern can't go to a bowl game. Stupid stupid stupid.

I hope that was sarcasm I don't care if they win the conference out right rules are rules. Plus out of all the top teams they have the path of least resistance thank you Mr. Benson. I can see the new guys avoiding one of the co-champs but both just pathetic on the conference part.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    What a stupid rule that Ga Southern can't go to a bowl game. Stupid stupid stupid.
    Hopefully there aren't enough eligible teams and the get in. Despite the slightly easier conference schedule, they've earned it

They are just a few points short of being undefeated with two wins over P5 teams. They lost both P5 games, but they were very close losses (NC State and Georgia Tech I think were the two teams)

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    HA!

HA!

HA!

The Indy bowl expert chimes in.

Thanks for the input. Im sure Farmer will.be calling LATURd for bowl advice come December.

-Remember that we are the ones that had gotten screwed in the past by the INDY---last year they understood why we took the NO Bowl as it was a no brainer for us given what they were offering!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast