Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Final: Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Haha I did not understand this. We were only up by one touchdown and we are supposed to go down at the one....come on ole Mullet Head...
    I think he meant from a run out the clock standpoint not a run up the score standpoint.

I still disagree with him. If mcguire tries to pull up there at the one he gets demolished and possibly injured by the chasing Ark St player.

Default Re: Game Thread Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I think he meant from a run out the clock standpoint not a run up the score standpoint.

I still disagree with him. If mcguire tries to pull up there at the one he gets demolished and possibly injured by the chasing Ark St player.
    Yeah..this isn't Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post

stAte stays true to form and takes a dirty shot at mcguire
    fumbled snap
    officials losing track of what down it is

Way too many reasons to score and put the game away by 2 possessions...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    fumbled snap

100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    fumbled snap

Looking at the replay, I'm not so sure that Frankie "___ Clown" Jackson didn't get into with McGuire on the end of that run which may have led him to take that cheap shot on Quave on the extra point. Looked like McGuire might have been giving it to him a bit as he was approaching the endzone while he was turning around to look at him and they may have exchanged some words.

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Aaaaand 1420 is off air this morning after one of the biggest Cajuns wins of the season.

How does this station stay on the air and not get shut down? I cannot believe that the owner allows this station to be run so poorly.
    Sometimes giving the benefit of the doubt is a good thing.

In case you all were not aware, Stevie P. was injured last night postgame when he was run into by a couple of ASU (big) players. He put his arm out to break his fall and afterward, could not raise his arm.

This morning, he went outside to leave for work and discovered he had a flat tire. Now, understand, he still can't move his arm. So he had to make some calls and G went out to his house to pick him up and bring him here. then he had to record morning sports for three other stations.

In addition, the remodeling of the studios had begun by then.

So, we apologize we couldn't give you your fix this morning. And, our ownership likes us enough to remodel our studios.

(PS...Steve is FINALLY going to the doctor.)

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

In case you all were not aware, Stevie P. was injured last night postgame when he was run into by a couple of ASU (big) players. He put his arm out to break his fall and afterward, could not raise his arm.

This morning, he went outside to leave for work and discovered he had a flat tire. Now, understand, he still can't move his arm. So he had to make some calls and G went out to his house to pick him up and bring him here. then he had to record morning sports for three other stations.

So, we apologize we couldn't give you your fix this morning. And, our ownership likes us enough to remodel our studios.

Man, the end of the game last night was crazy. I did not catch all the post game drama nor did I see when Jackson took out Quave. I just saw the penalty flag and Broadway ____ed but didn't realize what happened and I don't think the announcers did either. Was Stevie injured intentionally by these clowns or were they getting into it with some players and he was caught in the middle?

Best of luck to Stevie P and hope all is well

According to Stevie P last night he said it was not on purpose.

Frenchie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Stevie P injured, band director broken leg, players limping or worse. Rough night to say the lease.

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Steve has a sprained AC joint, a frayed bicep and his hand is swollen. He'll be in a sling for 7-10 days. No, it was not intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Here's a little bit of everything; the TD run, the announcer saying he should have gone down at the 1, the dirty play, and the refs walking around cluelessly. I don't know how long it'll stay up, so watch it while you can.

Don't see the dirty hit. I see him on the ground..

EDIT: Nevermind, at 46 seconds. I'll make a gif of it tonight at home.

Also didn't realize this when I was there but apparently there were 12 men on the field for that Gordon touchdown when he was never down

And Townsquare Media stock has risen recently. Must be the good job you guys are doing. 😄

Blog Entries

I wish Stevie P a fast recovery. I heard that he was knocked down last night but he was joking around about it on the air. It didnt seem like he was injured. Sure would have liked to be able to hear his take on the game this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    And Townsquare Media stock has risen recently. Must be the good job you guys are doing. 
    Townsquare went public earlier this year to raise $144 million. At the time they were $645 million in debt. How does it feel to work for a company that is $645 million in debt? Better than working for iHeart radio, formerly, Clear Channel. They are $20 BILLION in debt.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Townsquare went public earlier this year to raise $144 million. At the time they were $645 million in debt. How does it feel to work for a company that is $645 million in debt? Better than working for iHeart radio, formerly, Clear Channel. They are $20 BILLION in debt.
    Kind of like working for the US Government?

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    I rewatched the game last night. On the rest of the extra point attempts #6 made a normal attempt to get to the kicker. He clearly had a different agenda on this one.

Steve has a sprained AC joint, a frayed bicep and his hand is swollen. He'll be in a sling for 7-10 days. No, it was not intentional.
    But can he still eat DQ?

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

Steve said if he could not eat DQ it would be a detrimental injury lol. So according to Steve he can still eat DQ.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18