Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18
Results 341 to 360 of 360

Thread: Final: Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

  1. #341
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,080

    Default Re: Game Thread Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Aaaaand 1420 is off air this morning after one of the biggest Cajuns wins of the season.

    How does this station stay on the air and not get shut down? I cannot believe that the owner allows this station to be run so poorly.
    Sometimes giving the benefit of the doubt is a good thing.

    In case you all were not aware, Stevie P. was injured last night postgame when he was run into by a couple of ASU (big) players. He put his arm out to break his fall and afterward, could not raise his arm.

    This morning, he went outside to leave for work and discovered he had a flat tire. Now, understand, he still can't move his arm. So he had to make some calls and G went out to his house to pick him up and bring him here. then he had to record morning sports for three other stations.

    In addition, the remodeling of the studios had begun by then.

    So, we apologize we couldn't give you your fix this morning. And, our ownership likes us enough to remodel our studios.


    (PS...Steve is FINALLY going to the doctor.)

  2. #342
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,103

    Default Re: Game Thread Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Sometimes giving the benefit of the doubt is a good thing.

    In case you all were not aware, Stevie P. was injured last night postgame when he was run into by a couple of ASU (big) players. He put his arm out to break his fall and afterward, could not raise his arm.

    This morning, he went outside to leave for work and discovered he had a flat tire. Now, understand, he still can't move his arm. So he had to make some calls and G went out to his house to pick him up and bring him here. then he had to record morning sports for three other stations.

    In addition, the remodeling of the studios had begun by then.

    So, we apologize we couldn't give you your fix this morning. And, our ownership likes us enough to remodel our studios.


    (PS...Steve is FINALLY going to the doctor.)
    Man, the end of the game last night was crazy. I did not catch all the post game drama nor did I see when Jackson took out Quave. I just saw the penalty flag and Broadway ____ed but didn't realize what happened and I don't think the announcers did either. Was Stevie injured intentionally by these clowns or were they getting into it with some players and he was caught in the middle?

    Best of luck to Stevie P and hope all is well

  3. #343
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,007

    Default Re: Game Thread Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

    According to Stevie P last night he said it was not on purpose.


  4. #344
    Frenchie35's Avatar
    Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,788

    Default Re: Game Thread Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

    Stevie P injured, band director broken leg, players limping or worse. Rough night to say the lease.


  5. #345
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,080

    Default Re: Game Thread Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

    Steve has a sprained AC joint, a frayed bicep and his hand is swollen. He'll be in a sling for 7-10 days. No, it was not intentional.


  6. #346
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,248

    Default Re: Game Thread Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

    Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Here's a little bit of everything; the TD run, the announcer saying he should have gone down at the 1, the dirty play, and the refs walking around cluelessly. I don't know how long it'll stay up, so watch it while you can.

    Don't see the dirty hit. I see him on the ground..

    EDIT: Nevermind, at 46 seconds. I'll make a gif of it tonight at home.

  7. #347
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: Game Thread Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)


  8. #348
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,678

    Default Re: Game Thread Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

    Also didn't realize this when I was there but apparently there were 12 men on the field for that Gordon touchdown when he was never down


  9. #349
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Sometimes giving the benefit of the doubt is a good thing.

    In case you all were not aware, Stevie P. was injured last night postgame when he was run into by a couple of ASU (big) players. He put his arm out to break his fall and afterward, could not raise his arm.

    This morning, he went outside to leave for work and discovered he had a flat tire. Now, understand, he still can't move his arm. So he had to make some calls and G went out to his house to pick him up and bring him here. then he had to record morning sports for three other stations.

    In addition, the remodeling of the studios had begun by then.

    So, we apologize we couldn't give you your fix this morning. And, our ownership likes us enough to remodel our studios.


    (PS...Steve is FINALLY going to the doctor.)
    And Townsquare Media stock has risen recently. Must be the good job you guys are doing. 😄

  10. #350
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,113
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Sometimes giving the benefit of the doubt is a good thing.

    In case you all were not aware, Stevie P. was injured last night postgame when he was run into by a couple of ASU (big) players. He put his arm out to break his fall and afterward, could not raise his arm.

    This morning, he went outside to leave for work and discovered he had a flat tire. Now, understand, he still can't move his arm. So he had to make some calls and G went out to his house to pick him up and bring him here. then he had to record morning sports for three other stations.

    In addition, the remodeling of the studios had begun by then.

    So, we apologize we couldn't give you your fix this morning. And, our ownership likes us enough to remodel our studios.


    (PS...Steve is FINALLY going to the doctor.)
    I wish Stevie P a fast recovery. I heard that he was knocked down last night but he was joking around about it on the air. It didnt seem like he was injured. Sure would have liked to be able to hear his take on the game this morning.

  11. #351
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    715

    Default Re: Game Thread Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

    Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    And Townsquare Media stock has risen recently. Must be the good job you guys are doing. 
    Townsquare went public earlier this year to raise $144 million. At the time they were $645 million in debt. How does it feel to work for a company that is $645 million in debt? Better than working for iHeart radio, formerly, Clear Channel. They are $20 BILLION in debt.

  12. #352
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: Game Thread Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

    Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Townsquare went public earlier this year to raise $144 million. At the time they were $645 million in debt. How does it feel to work for a company that is $645 million in debt? Better than working for iHeart radio, formerly, Clear Channel. They are $20 BILLION in debt.
    Kind of like working for the US Government?

  13. #353
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    I rewatched the game last night. On the rest of the extra point attempts #6 made a normal attempt to get to the kicker. He clearly had a different agenda on this one.

  14. #354
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brownsville, TX
    Posts
    2,152

    Default Re: Game Thread Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Steve has a sprained AC joint, a frayed bicep and his hand is swollen. He'll be in a sling for 7-10 days. No, it was not intentional.
    But can he still eat DQ?

  15. #355
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,007

    Default Re: Final: Louisiana (55) vs. stAte (40)

    Steve said if he could not eat DQ it would be a detrimental injury lol. So according to Steve he can still eat DQ.


Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •