Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: VC -- LCA

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: VC -- LCA

Quote Originally Posted by Gueydanmayor View Post
    Must have those great Boomer genes!!1

FRom the book of Yogisms---Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore

It's too crowded!!!

I'm not sure what private schools can afford to give students free rides. Tuition keeps the lights on guys. And when you are talking about a small school, free tuition for a few students cuts into the budget, in a big way.
    Also what privates can afford to buy houses and provide jobs to get a stud athlete in house? I dont think you get a cash prize for winning a LHSAA championship so what benefit would a school have to do those things?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I'm not sure what private schools can afford to give students free rides. Tuition keeps the lights on guys. And when you are talking about a school school free tutuion for a few students cuts into the budget, in a big way. Also what privates can afford to buy houses and provide jobs to get a stud athlete in house? I dont think you get a cash prize for winning a LHSAA championship so what benefit would a school have to do those things?
    It's usually not the school that pays for the tuition or perks.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I'm not sure what private schools can afford to give students free rides. Tuition keeps the lights on guys. And when you are talking about a small school, free tuition for a few students cuts into the budget, in a big way.
    Also what privates can afford to buy houses and provide jobs to get a stud athlete in house? I dont think you get a cash prize for winning a LHSAA championship so what benefit would a school have to do those things?

Don't know about other schools, but at Jesuit HS in NO---the enrollment is at about 1300 plus and we send about 150 kids on S-Ships (Always has been the rich kids and the poor kids in the student body make up)---All entering students must pass an academic related test---the tuition is a surprisingly low of about $8 K a year---obviously there is an abundant # of applications and this amount is given according to vertical jump and 40 yard dash tests!!!! Kidding abouot the last part!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4