_ _ _ _

Thread: UL Ranked #5

Default UL Ranked #5

UL Cougars are ranked #5 (check out the Ragin' Cajuns headlines on ultoday.com.)

Default Re: UL Ranked #5

What is that, an over 50 single women's club or something?
    Too much doom and gloom this morning. OK, going to my corner now!

He's talking about the UL Cougars from The Waterboy

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ He's talking about the UL Cougars from The Waterboy _
    Wasn't that movie a reversal of LSU vs. UL (USL)? The UL in this movie, however, was LSU (the big time program with the big stadium which was actually South Carolina's stadium if I remember correctly) and the other school, that the Waterboy played for, was the Southwestern LA. I forgot the actual name of the school in the movie, but it seemed clearly to reflect USL. So, this was really an LSU vs. USL scenario as I saw it. Although the University of Louisiana name was recognized, it was certainly not meant to reflect our school, IMO. Anyway, the whole movie was disparaging to Cajuns. I hate those kind of movies that portray Cajuns in that light.

wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Wasn't that movie a reversal of LSU vs. UL (USL)? The UL in this movie, however, was LSU (the big time program with the big stadium which was actually South Carolina's stadium if I remember correctly) and the other school, that the Waterboy played for, was the Southwestern LA. I forgot the actual name of the school in the movie, but it seemed clearly to reflect USL. So, this was really an LSU vs. USL scenario as I saw it. Although the University of Louisiana name was recognized, it was certainly not meant to reflect our school, IMO. Anyway, the whole movie was disparaging to Cajuns. I hate those kind of movies that portray Cajuns in that light. _
    It was UL vs SCLSU (south central lsu)