Thread: RCAF... for those annual contributors...

Default RCAF... for those annual contributors...

In order to get a parking pass you must contribute $250 annually. If you plan on getting a pass for this football season you must factor in that there are only 9 months in this "season".

However... starting in January your donation would be $21 a month to get a parking pass.

Good luck to all!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: RCAF... for those annual contributors...

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ In order to get a parking pass you must contribute $250 annually. If you plan on getting a pass for this football season you must factor in that there are only 9 months in this "season".

However... starting in January your donation would be $21 a month to get a parking pass.

Good luck to all! _
    I see that also, but I doubt if that will change anything with the current Football season ticket packages and Ragin Cajun Club participation. If you purchase chairback seats you also participate in the Ragin Cajun Club and receive a priority parking pass, whereas non-chairback season tickets do not require participation and therefore not a priority parking pass. So for many members of RCAF, that priority parking pass may be a duplicate of what they will also get in their football season ticket package.

Default Re: RCAF... for those annual contributors...

I buy a family pack so I do not get a parking pass.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I see that also, but I doubt if that will change anything with the current Football season ticket packages and Ragin Cajun Club participation. If you purchase chairback seats you also participate in the Ragin Cajun Club and receive a priority parking pass, whereas non-chairback season tickets do not require participation and therefore not a priority parking pass. So for many members of RCAF, that priority parking pass may be a duplicate of what they will also get in their football season ticket package.
    My understanding from the interview Jay did with John Bordelon and Scott Farmer was that the parking pass would no longer be part of the tickets packages. The club memberships (or what they may consider like a PSL) will still be required for some tickets, but the parking passes would only be obtained from RCAF membership. BOP could probably clear that up if I misunderstood the conversation.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ My understanding from the interview Jay did with John Bordelon and Scott Farmer was that the parking pass would no longer be part of the tickets packages. The club memberships (or what they may consider like a PSL) will still be required for some tickets, but the parking passes would only be obtained from RCAF membership. BOP could probably clear that up if I misunderstood the conversation. _
    This is correct. I just got an email back from Shivaun Bertrand at the Cajundome confirming this.

And you are correct just finding that out as well!

The purchase of season tickets now has nothing to do with parking

Parking is strictly through the RCAF annual fund!

No parking pass for season ticket packages. The $50 per seat I pay to the RCC is a seat license and does not contribute to the RCAF. The $250 donation is required for the D lot pass I had been receiving for several years... until now.

Blog Entries

I will gladly pay the $250 to help build our program. I don't even care about the parking pass. I just want to give whatever I can.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ I will gladly pay the $250 to help build our program. I don't even care about the parking pass. I just want to give whatever I can. _
    I intend to as well. I just do not deal with change very well as I get older.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Poor planning, though. This is something that should have been addressed with RCC members from last year in advance.

This is a bad habit that our Athletic Department has; they do things that affect a relatively small segment of the fan base without discussing it with the affected parties in advance.

See the Section DD season ticket fiasco from last year. Now the D and UD chairback season ticket deal we are discussing now. Both affect relatively few people: TALK TO THEM BEFORE you take something away that they have been getting for years.

The Department has addressed the DD issue this year, but shouldn't take a year to address this one. It's not too late to change back to the old system, and just add the new way to get a pass as well.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    _ The Department has addressed the DD issue this year, but shouldn't take a year to address this one. It's not too late to change back to the old system, and just add the new way to get a pass as well. _
    Can I ask what happened with the DD issue? That's where my tickets are (although I still go to the Red Zone).

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    _ I see that also, but I doubt if that will change anything with the current Football season ticket packages and Ragin Cajun Club participation. If you purchase chairback seats you also participate in the Ragin Cajun Club and receive a priority parking pass, whereas non-chairback season tickets do not require participation and therefore not a priority parking pass. So for many members of RCAF, that priority parking pass may be a duplicate of what they will also get in their football season ticket package. _
    Scott Farmer said that you will not get a parking pass if you are not in RCAF. That is the case no matter what your level of participation is in the RCAF. You can give $1000 as part of the chairback season ticket package and you don't get a parking pass. Scott recognized that this is a change and they will have to communicate this to fans.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Can I ask what happened with the DD issue? That's where my tickets are (although I still go to the Red Zone). _
    If you had season tickets in DD year before last, you should have gotten a renewal notice in the mail in the last 10 days or so for the same seats you had before. If you did not receive a package, either you dropped through the cracks or you didn't have season tickets in the affected area year before last.

If you think you should have received a renewal notice, but didn't, contact the ticket office.

Personally I have signed up for the annual fund. Its worth it just to get the parking pass.