Thread: RCAF what a wonderful day

Default RCAF what a wonderful day

Free at last, free at last. UL Athletics is free from the money grubbing, money losing UL Foundation. I am so ready to donate, I'm leaning at 10G

GEAUX RCAF

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: RCAF what a wonderful day

The key isn't when RCAF gets launched. The key is that it is the foundation that will serve our needs and that it gets installed. I hope people don't get upset if they think it's a one-time telethon to see how high the dollars pile up. It is a foundation... the first piece of a structure. It is not a bank account. If done right, it will generate sizable funds and define a maximized use of those funds to generate more involvement and more funds. You don't beg to borrow money from the bank just to celebrate the loan. The loan is a key to opening the locks.

Hopefully... hopefully... RCAF is the key we need to open some locks. I'm optimistic. I refuse to believe that our administration and their closest confidants would have this on their plate for so long and not make sure this is the right, new athletic foundation for UL.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I'm optimistic. I refuse to believe that our administration and their closest confidants would have this on their plate for so long and not make sure this is the right, new athletic foundation for UL. _
    I agree. Even though there's plenty of examples of how our athletic department has failed in certain aspects, the fact that they've had so long to work on RCAF makes me feel better about it. It makes me believe that it's not just a bank account, but a new approach to athletic funding (which we all agree is our main roadblock to success).

In one of my thermo classes, the prof was very strict about finishing the (typically open-book) exam within the 50 minute time limit. The reason: Given infinite time, everyone would make an A.

So I'll assume RCAF will be an A+.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ I agree. Even though there's plenty of examples of how our athletic department has failed in certain aspects, the fact that they've had so long to work on RCAF makes me feel better about it. It makes me believe that it's not just a bank account, but a new approach to athletic funding (which we all agree is our main roadblock to success).

In one of my thermo classes, the prof was very strict about finishing the (typically open-book) exam within the 50 minute time limit. The reason: Given infinite time, everyone would make an A.

So I'll assume RCAF will be an A+. _
    That is why I lean toward optimism. I'm also glad that this was not tagged to some athletic success moment. That would actually be the irresponsible way to launch a new foundation. We will have many opportunties to bang the gong around high points in our athletic events, if the foundation is set in place. You do not "set up" a foundation (and that requires launching it to its first tier members - ie those already in the fold) during chaos and euphoria. You set it up in the "off-season"... you launch it... and you allow for the cement to dry. Then... when the "times" become right... you pound the war drums and find out if your faithful are thirsty for some blood or just a bunch of chest pounding mama's boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ That is why I lean toward optimism. I'm also glad that this was not tagged to some athletic success moment. That would actually be the irresponsible way to launch a new foundation. We will have many opportunties to bang the gong around high points in our athletic events, if the foundation is set in place. You do not "set up" a foundation (and that requires launching it to its first tier members - ie those already in the fold) during chaos and euphoria. You set it up in the "off-season"... you launch it... and you allow for the cement to dry. Then... when the "times" become right... you pound the war drums and find out if your faithful are thirsty for some blood or just a bunch of chest pounding mama's boys. _
    Good stuff! I think the chest pounding Mama's boys will find all kind of excuses. I do believe there are enough of us that will donate what we can because we are asked and can see the benefits.

RCAF's got some money coming their way from me!! Ever since they introduced the idea of an athletic foundation, I've been slapping coin into my Kentwood Jug in my closet........This should definetly buyout Lee now!

It is a great day for UL athletics. It has been a long time coming, but now that we have it, let's all do our part to make it a success. My wallet is out and ready to be emptied.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ It is a great day for UL athletics. It has been a long time coming, but now that we have it, let's all do our part to make it a success. My wallet is out and ready to be emptied. _

I thought you were "done" with UL athletics???

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    _ I thought you were "done" with UL athletics??? _
    I was because I thought this would never come. I am meeting with Scott Farmer today as well to get more info on the direction of the department, but, if you would rather I not contribute, then........

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    _ I thought you were "done" with UL athletics??? _
    Much like the "The Island" in the TV show "Lost," fans of the Ragin Cajuns have no choice but to be fans. If they attempt to leave, forces beyond our understanding will bring them back!

I liken the RCAF to the smoke monster...

Great comparison. Even if one episode is a dud, you still can't wait for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    Much like the "The Island" in the TV show "Lost," fans of the Ragin Cajuns have no choice but to be fans. If they attempt to leave, forces beyond our understanding will bring them back!

I liken the RCAF to the smoke monster...
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    RCAF's got some money coming their way from me!! Ever since they introduced the idea of an athletic foundation, I've been slapping coin into my Kentwood Jug in my closet........This should definetly buyout Lee now!
    Since that only been about 13 months, what you got now about $57 in change?