Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Abilene Christian vs. Georgia State | ESPNU

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Abilene Christian vs. Georgia State | ESPNU

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

I remember beating Chattanooga after losing about 13 in a row---Went up to Toby and we were hugging and dancing ---I understand exactly where they are coming from in the emotion!!!

Harold Porter....99 yard TD Catch!!

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by uslol'dog View Post
    All the crap y'all are talking...
    South Al was saying the same thing about us playing this team last year. UL with Broadway barely beat this team.
    Y'all are awful cocky. Hope we are as good as some of you think, or there will be many meltdowns on this page in the coming months.
    Maybe a more humble approach would suffice.
    We got beat by ULM for chrissakes.
    This program has work yet to do.

Rant over-- y'all can proceed with the strokefest.
    Its a bunch of goofballs on a message board, you included. We don't need the message board police telling us to be humble. Come on, man... time to stomp a ____ing mudhole in Southern.

Z

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Abilene Christian vs. Georgia State | ESPNU

@Z, their coach is too damned ugly to win. Not only ugly, but his staff, and players are not disciplined. Classic example of who not to hire to bring your struggling football program to any level of competence.

Now that ACU coach is going to turn that program into the terror of the Southland within three years.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    @Z, their coach is too damned ugly to win. Not only ugly, but his staff, and players are not disciplined. Classic example of who not to hire to bring your struggling football program to any level of competence.

Now that ACU coach is going to turn that program into the terror of the Southland within three years.
    Aside from Southeastern, that ACU team could wreck shop in the Southland.

My comments had nothing to do with UL. 2 bad teams played last night and I watched it because it was the 1st football game of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by uslol'dog View Post
    All the crap y'all are talking...
    South Al was saying the same thing about us playing this team last year. UL with Broadway barely beat this team.
    Y'all are awful cocky. Hope we are as good as some of you think, or there will be many meltdowns on this page in the coming months.
    Maybe a more humble approach would suffice.
    We got beat by ULM for chrissakes.
    This program has work yet to do.

Rant over-- y'all can proceed with the strokefest.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Abilene Christian vs. Georgia State | ESPNU

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    My comments had nothing to do with UL. 2 bad teams played last night and I watched it because it was the 1st football game of the year.
    Tow bad teams played bad football last night, and I watched because I have a brain eating amoeba from the St John the Parish water system and only have a few hours of conscienceless left.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    If you think either of those two teams could give us a good game, I cant help you.

That was some bad football.
    The point that some are making is that GSU did give us a game last year and we were supposed to stomp them and they went winless. I do think a lot of people are getting a little too overconfident in this season, especially before we've even played a down.

We played a bad...BAD...game at GSU last year and still won. That is how bad GSU is. That isn't being cocky...it's a ____ing fact.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The point that some are making is that GSU did give us a game last year and we were supposed to stomp them and they went winless. I do think a lot of people are getting a little too overconfident in this season, especially before we've even played a down.
    Bingo. If we were running the table every year, we could talk. The fact is, we haven't even put together a 1 loss conference record. We are better than everyone on paper, but we aren't Alabama playing in the Sunbelt. Pump the brakes a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

Most of the teams in the D2 Lonestar Conference could compete in the Southland. They should merge. It would be a fantastic TX/LA conference.

The only reason that GaST won that game last night is poor clock management on the part of ACU. Calling timeouts with the lead and time running out only after throwing the ball on second down the possession before that. I'm sorry but if Abilene does a better job of running the clock down, GaST doesn't even get to try the fieldgoal.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Yes they gave us a game.

But the last time I checked we still won it....by two touchdowns. 35-21.

I worry more about Troy at troy and the hoax at hoax.

Yes they gave us a game.

We played awful in that Georgia State game...and we still won the game going away. It is not cocky to think we will skull drag this team and others this year. Will there be a few hiccups...of course there will be. But we should not feel bad about thinking our team will humiliate most of the teams on our schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Harold Porter....99 yard TD Catch!!
    He ran up the tunnel and almost never came back!

Yes they gave us a game.

Again, as fans its our choice if we want to talk trash and be brash about our expectations for the season. However, its also not being negative to throw a dose of reality in there and say "lets take every game one at a time". Last year, we played horrible and beat them by 2 scores but we also played horrible against NMSU, got beat by ULM, got toasted by USA and played god awful against WKU in the first half. We are not above playing poorly for spurts of a game and even games on end so, again, I love our team and have great expectations but I'm also not delusional enough to think that we will run the table either.

Ga St is not a concern, period. If they give us trouble, the season will have already been a huge flop.

Now.. I see Troy as a very tough game away. Also, word is the new ULM Quarterback is turning heads. They owe us big time. Could be a circumstance game depending on where we are. I still think we win. Last thing.. Texas St has it out for us big time, per a buddy whose kid goes to TxSt and follows the team. They were embarrassed by us, and according to the players, it unhinged the rest of their year. That game is scary to me, problem more than any of the others, based on the overall quality of the line play TxSt will present.

Only home game that worries me is South Al. But again, circumstances are in out favor. Our boys want revenge.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5