Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Guillory Hall deck

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,792

    Default Guillory Hall deck

    There has been some interest in other threads about what will happen to the deck/overlook at Guillory Hall. Since we did not have any 'official' word, I decided to try to get one: I looked up Bill Crist's email, and he was kind enough to respond to me. I think it is great news:

    =======================================================================

    We have not gotten to that point yet. We will have some type of over look
    at Cypress Lake, but nothing has been designed to date.

    Bill Crist


    -Original Message

    -

    Sent: Monday, August 04, 2014 8:15 AM
    To: wjc4092@louisiana.edu
    Subject: Cypress Lake Deck

    Good Morning:

    Can you please tell me if the Guillory Hall deck overlooking the lake will
    be demolished when Guillory Hall is torn down? If so, are there any plans
    to rebuild it, either in that location or somewhere else?

    Thank You


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    828

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    There has been some interest in other threads about what will happen to the deck/overlook at Guillory Hall. Since we did not have any 'official' word, I decided to try to get one: I looked up Bill Crist's email, and he was kind enough to respond to me. I think it is great news:

    =======================================================================

    We have not gotten to that point yet. We will have some type of over look
    at Cypress Lake, but nothing has been designed to date.

    Bill Crist


    -Original Message

    -

    Sent: Monday, August 04, 2014 8:15 AM
    To: wjc4092@louisiana.edu
    Subject: Cypress Lake Deck

    Good Morning:

    Can you please tell me if the Guillory Hall deck overlooking the lake will
    be demolished when Guillory Hall is torn down? If so, are there any plans
    to rebuild it, either in that location or somewhere else?

    Thank You


    I always wanted them to put a CC's in there so I could get a fresh cup of java, sit out there on the cool mornings and watch Louis and Anna travel on by.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Meaux
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    A full time CC's right there would be awesome! Would instantly become my post-run cool down point.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,999

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    CC's is owned by Community Coffee...the same _______s who parked a large purple and nacho cheese RV at the Albertson's on Johnston less than a block from our Athletic Complex. We have local folks who could do a better job and support UL in the process. Don't feed the beast.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Prairieville, LA
    Posts
    857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    PJs or Starbucks will work too.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,792

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    While I'm glad that they are planning on having (keeping?) an overlook/deck, doesn't it seem odd that they don't have plans for it yet? Or is this kind of typical for large construction projects such as this?


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    While I'm glad that they are planning on having (keeping?) an overlook/deck, doesn't it seem odd that they don't have plans for it yet? Or is this kind of typical for large construction projects such as this?
    I'm assuming the overlook will come when they decide exactly what they want to do with the property Guillory Hall sits on.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,792

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I'm assuming the overlook will come when they decide exactly what they want to do with the property Guillory Hall sits on.
    Yeah, but that's my point: seems to me they would've decided all this already......

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    828

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    CC's is owned by Community Coffee...the same _______s who parked a large purple and nacho cheese RV at the Albertson's on Johnston less than a block from our Athletic Complex. We have local folks who could do a better job and support UL in the process. Don't feed the beast.
    CC's = Communty Coffee. Gee I never put 2 and 2 together myself. At the time of my desire for that to take place they hadn't parked that monstrosity in Lafayette. Mainly speaking in past tense with my statement but in light of that yes I agree another brand of coffee house would be better. Maybe UL could brand their own coffee and a portion of the sales could be used for things to fund the university.
    Last edited by Cajun Crusader; August 10th, 2014 at 12:23 pm. Reason: elaboration needed

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,792

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    CC's is owned by Community Coffee...the same _______s who parked a large purple and nacho cheese RV at the Albertson's on Johnston less than a block from our Athletic Complex. We have local folks who could do a better job and support UL in the process. Don't feed the beast.
    Agree 100%

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    2,407

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    Two words: Mello. Joy.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,462
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    Quote Originally Posted by NO BOWL 11 Grad View Post
    CC's = Communty Coffee. Gee I never put 2 and 2 together myself. At the time of my desire for that to take place they hadn't parked that monstrosity in Lafayette. Mainly speaking in past tense with my statement but in light of that yes I agree another brand of coffee house would be better. Maybe UL could brand their own coffee and a portion of the sales could be used for things to fund the university.
    UL can use their Horse Farm to get about $20m in grants (over time) for coffee research.

    Oh wait, they gave the farm away for $6m.

    Plan B turn the Cade Farm into a coffee research farm.

    Plan C teach monkeys how to drink coffee in New Iberia.

    Oh wait they already did that with me in Vermilion Parish.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Yeah, but that's my point: seems to me they would've decided all this already......
    Well, all I know is the master plan calls for a building to be placed there in the future, and given our limited space and continual growth it probably won't be too long before we see construction there.

    All I can say is it doesn't make sense to make a decision on a piece of land until you know exactly what you want to do with it. That is really valuable land to the University, and I think great consideration should be given to make sure it's being used optimally. IMO, building a platform with no regard to what's going to be placed around it is not a great idea.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,792

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Well, all I know is the master plan calls for a building to be placed there in the future, and given our limited space and continual growth it probably won't be too long before we see construction there.

    All I can say is it doesn't make sense to make a decision on a piece of land until you know exactly what you want to do with it. That is really valuable land to the University, and I think great consideration should be given to make sure it's being used optimally. IMO, building a platform with no regard to what's going to be placed around it is not a great idea.
    Actually, the Master Plan calls for a plaza where Guillory Hall is now. But a new building is planned for roughly where Corona (now called Lafayette) Hall is now located.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,462
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Well, all I know is the master plan calls for a building to be placed there in the future, and given our limited space and continual growth it probably won't be too long before we see construction there.

    All I can say is it doesn't make sense to make a decision on a piece of land until you know exactly what you want to do with it. That is really valuable land to the University, and I think great consideration should be given to make sure it's being used optimally. IMO, building a platform with no regard to what's going to be placed around it is not a great idea.
    Very true, but since 'a' magnet platform is more important than whatever they might put there, budget on building TWO.

    One for now no matter the cost and one that integrated with the next building.

    This platform represents students recruiting dollars which makes its overall value invaluable.

    jmo

  16. #16
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,592

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    How about 2 alligator proof small islands with 3bridges connecting to the bank and the two small land islands???


  17. #17
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,575

    UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Guillory Hall deck

    Quote Originally Posted by NO BOWL 11 Grad View Post
    CC's = Communty Coffee. Gee I never put 2 and 2 together myself. At the time of my desire for that to take place they hadn't parked that monstrosity in Lafayette. Mainly speaking in past tense with my statement but in light of that yes I agree another brand of coffee house would be better. Maybe UL could brand their own coffee and a portion of the sales could be used for things to fund the university.
    CC's split its Company into 2 divisions 2 years ago! Community Coffee in stores for the home, and CC's Coffee Houses(Which NOW) can be Franchised!!!

    SO, if a CC's shows up on the UL Campus its owned be an "Individual Investor" !!! Best Coffee, CC's Coffee House could be on Louisiana Campus OWNED by a UL Alumnus, Donating money back to UL!!! One of you rich dudes buy the Franchise, must have minimum $5,000,000 personal net worth, and have hospitality resturant experience in management!!!

  18. #18
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,592

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    We now have Moon Griffon....guess we can get the Mellow Joy coffee!!!


  19. #19
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,575

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    We now have Moon Griffon....guess we can get the Mellow Joy coffee!!!
    Believe me Mellow Joy is bitter with and after taste, and is weak, I know all too well as our hospital changed over, and everyone is complaining, staff and patients!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,462
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Guillory Hall deck

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Believe me Mellow Joy is bitter with and after taste, and is weak, I know all too well as our hospital changed over, and everyone is complaining, staff and patients!
    I like both better than StarBucks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •