_ _ _ _

Thread: Uh oh.. deadspin has UL vs south alabama as a story...

Default Uh oh.. deadspin has UL vs south alabama as a story...

http://deadspin.com/5147115/when-you...ring-a-monitor

To be fair to Arrow, pointing out that a school that aspires to call itself Division I should be equipped to handle such technological wizardry as "television" is a pretty astute observation. On the other hand ... you're in Louisiana. You're lucky the baskets had nets.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Uh oh.. deadspin has UL vs south alabama as a story...

LOL i chuckled at the baskets with nets remark.

That doesn't change the fact that the basket was good whether there's a monitor or not, nor does it excuse his behavior.

igeaux.mobi

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ http://deadspin.com/5147115/when-you...ring-a-monitor

To be fair to Arrow, pointing out that a school that aspires to call itself Division I should be equipped to handle such technological wizardry as "television" is a pretty astute observation. On the other hand ... you're in Louisiana. You're lucky the baskets had nets. _
    Then the ncaa should make it a requirement that every D1A game have a monitor. But currently their is no rule to that effect so its a moot argument.

The shot was good. The Cajundome scoreboard monitors showed it, the TV news footage showed it. He knows that and yet he is still crying about it. Based on his antics I suspect that even if ther would have been a monitor and the refs confirmed what everyone already knew Arrow would have still thrown his tantrum and cried that the refs needed glasses. He didn't pressure and our guy got an open shot that left his hands before the buzzer and went in. End of story.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Uh oh.. deadspin has UL vs south alabama as a story...

I'm ____ed that these people seem to be taking his side. They're believing everything they saw in the Waterboy and are showing us to be a backwards ___ state. Alabama is more backward than us!

Even if he was right, he never should have acted that way. There were families and kids and stuff in the crowd.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ I'm ____ed that these people seem to be taking his side. They're believing everything they saw in the Waterboy and are showing us to be a backwards ___ state. Alabama is more backward than us!

Even if he was right, he never should have acted that way. There were families and kids and stuff in the crowd. _
    There are only 2 states more backwards than us, Illinois and Mississippi.

Let's see if the squeky wheel gets the greese. I emailed this douchebag the following:

I cannot believe you would write "pointing out that a school that aspires to call itself Division I should be equipped..." What is this aspire all about? We are DI and have been for a long time. We are the second largest university in the state. The statement of "you're in Louisiana. You're lucky the baskets had nets." If you would have done research you would have found the CajunDome is now a cutting edge facility with great amenities such as their electronic wraps and a brand new sound system. Here is a link: http://fohonline.com/index.php?optio...k=view&id=2043
    Not too shabby for Louisiana, eh? I believe you owe us an apology for your lack of ethical journalism and for being bias.

Please feel free to write me back.

Third generation Ragin' Cajun,
    Angelle Bertrand
    amb1830@lousiana.edu

Ms. Angelle Bertrand I have one question?

Where are you from?

Kaplan aka the most Cajun part of the world (according to KBON)

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by angellebertrand View Post
    _ Kaplan aka the most Cajun part of the world (according to KBON) _
    Angelle, whats heppening with the softball pitcher at Kaplan? Has she committed yet?

Z

Not that I know of. She's good friends with Courney Hollier (former KHS standout) who took a scholarship to LSpuke so I tend to think she may follow. Fingers crossed she comes here though; Lotiefs would have to be aggressive. She's definitely worth it!

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Let's see if the squeky wheel gets the greese. I emailed this douchebag the following:

I cannot believe you would write "pointing out that a school that aspires to call itself Division I should be equipped..." What is this aspire all about? We are DI and have been for a long time. We are the second largest university in the state. The statement of "you're in Louisiana. You're lucky the baskets had nets." If you would have done research you would have found the CajunDome is now a cutting edge facility with great amenities such as their electronic wraps and a brand new sound system. Here is a link: http://fohonline.com/index.php?optio...k=view&id=2043
    Not too shabby for Louisiana, eh? I believe you owe us an apology for your lack of ethical journalism and for being bias.

Please feel free to write me back.

Third generation Ragin' Cajun,
    Angelle Bertrand
    amb1830@lousiana.edu _
    Seriously, not trying to criticize or offend, but Deadspin is the biggest sports blog in the world. It is there to make people laugh not to provide ethical journalism. If you ever go there regularly, there is usually few serious articles. They are all based around real events, but the site provides funny spins on stories as well as random videos and pictures that are sports related.

I only hope they don't publish your letter on their site as it may only escalate the joking about Louisiana.

This isnt ESPN or FoxSports. If this article was on there, then I would be mad, but the articles are usually written in jest.

Just for fun, google Baby Mangino or Sports Human of the Year. Usually pretty funny stuff on there.

WEll look a here... The name gave it away. Good to see you on here.

---Ashton

Found this on Ultimate College Softball message board, but no one get their hopes up just yet (Mom says don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed):

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/p...ost?id=3111821

_ Not that I know of. She's good friends with Courney Hollier (former KHS standout) who took a scholarship to LSpuke so I tend to think she may follow. Fingers crossed she comes here though; Lotiefs would have to be aggressive. She's definitely worth it! _
    Hey its all good. You can either come play for the best, or go to a football factory...

Z

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    _ WEll look a here... The name gave it away. Good to see you on here.

---Ashton _
    Kutcher???

Z

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Seriously, not trying to criticize or offend, but Deadspin is the biggest sports blog in the world. It is there to make people laugh not to provide ethical journalism. If you ever go there regularly, there is usually few serious articles. They are all based around real events, but the site provides funny spins on stories as well as random videos and pictures that are sports related.

I only hope they don't publish your letter on their site as it may only escalate the joking about Louisiana.

This isnt ESPN or FoxSports. If this article was on there, then I would be mad, but the articles are usually written in jest.

Just for fun, google Baby Mangino or Sports Human of the Year. Usually pretty funny stuff on there. _
    You are correct.... funny stuff. And even when it comes to "correcting" ESPN and others... let's just go out and stomp people's azzes in athletics. That takes care of more than anyone can ever imagine.