_ _ _ _

Thread: Local TV Station Gets Punked

Default Local TV Station Gets Punked

One of the local TV stations reported tonight that Cell Phone Numbers would be turned over to telemarketers and to call the DO NOT CALL REGISTRY to add to that listing to prevent unwanted calls. In the scheme of things, I think they got PUNKED! LOL ROTFL!

So much for truth in broadcasting and checking out sources. Seems they fell for one of the oldest Internet scams around.

The station? Well, it WASN'T TV 10, but I'll bet they're laughing their hind quarters off..

And we think GANNET has it bad!

Metairie/Toledo Bend/In car between Lafayette & N.O. Going to UL Sporting Events

Default Re: Local TV Station Gets Punked

Quote Originally Posted by GetTheFacts1st View Post

So much for truth in broadcasting and checking out sources. Seems they fell for one of the oldest Internet scams around.
    _

"Responsible journalism" at its best --- errrrr worst. Another reason why I do not watch channel 10 when I go to Lafayette.

_ The station? Well, it WASN'T TV 3, but I'll bet they're laughing their hind quarters off.. _
    Really? I could have sworn I saw this story on channel 3 yesterday...

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ljr3721 View Post
    _ Really? I could have sworn I saw this story on channel 3 yesterday... _
    Channel 3 carried it at 6 pm.

Looks like GetTheFacts1st got his facts first, but not right! He may have the most appropriate name on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Looks like GetTheFacts1st got his facts first, but not right! He may have the most appropriate name on the internet. _
    Well, just because it aired on KATC does not mean that it did not air on KLFY as well. Although I'd be surprised if both stations fell for it...

One thing is for sure-KATC-3 has been getting punked by KLFY-10 in the ratings for about 45 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Membertou View Post
    _ One thing is for sure-KATC-3 has been getting punked by KLFY-10 in the ratings for about 45 years now. _

About those ratings ...

After years of technial challenges, turnover in the news room and management changes, KATC has achieved the ultimate goal of every TV station everywhere: ratings dominance. According to the February 2008 Nielsen survey, KATC won every newscast against the competition, from Good Morning Acadiana in the 5 to 7 a.m. slot, to the 5 and 6 o'clock news slots and, for the first time, the 10 o'clock news Monday through Sunday.

Source: http://www.acadianagazette.com/pdfs/...te3A073008.pdf

_ One of the local TV stations reported tonight that Cell Phone Numbers would be turned over to telemarketers and to call the DO NOT CALL REGISTRY to add to that listing to prevent unwanted calls. In the scheme of things, I think they got PUNKED! LOL ROTFL!
    How do I know you aren't some goofball trying to punk me?