Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 432

Thread: Tracking the Preaux Career of Elfrid Payton

  1. #201
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,014

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    I like how a reply on one of those was asking when he'll be considered for Rookie of the Year. Kennedy replies, "When voters start watching games and not just looking at stats."


  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,282

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If he can work on a fairly consistent jump shot he will be deadly, if he doesn't make them respect his shot, defenses will start to sag and make those passing and driving lanes a lot tighter, but he is doing very well and he is young.
    The Magic have a lot of good shooters so his shooting on this team is not as important. He drives and passes to shooter if they collapse on him. I watched the game against the Rockets and his game really fits that team. They have really improved. The Magic just beat Chicago and the Rockets in consectutive games. If he does improve his shooting, he would be very hard to handle.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    10,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    The Magic have a lot of good shooters so his shooting on this team is not as important. He drives and passes to shooter if they collapse on him. I watched the game against the Rockets and his game really fits that team. They have really improved. The Magic just beat Chicago and the Rockets in consectutive games. If he does improve his shooting, he would be very hard to handle.
    That's what I'm saying, he is doing what he is doing without shooting, if he can just be decent shooting and consistent at the FT line he will be very good for a long time. I'm not saying he has to be the leading scorer but at some point in the nba if someone backs off you 6 feet... You gotta knock that down. When they start to defend that he will drive right by them. He just has to be decent, he will be.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I like how a reply on one of those was asking when he'll be considered for Rookie of the Year. Kennedy replies, "When voters start watching games and not just looking at stats."
    I follow Alex Kennedy on Twitter and he is a hugggggeee elfrid fan

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    3,067

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Elfrid is probably the worst shooter under 6'8" in the NBA and definitely the worst FT shooter. It is a testament to the rest of his game that he plays significant minutes on the court. If he can just be an average NBA shooter he will be a borderline allstar. If he does not improve his shot he will become a journeyman NBA player.


  6. #206
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,675

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    If only elfrid could shoot at least 65% from the line. His ft is horrible, barely shooting over 50%


  7. #207
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,752

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Well we know he can. The free throw in the NBA is exactly the same as the SBC.


  8. #208
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    7,943

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    See? I'm actually glad I came to Ragin' Pagin today. Great shares, fellas.

    If you haven't gotten a chance to see Elfrid play in one of the last 3-4 games, you need to get somewhere and watch him tonight.

    He's figuring out this NBA thing, fast. He really can be a stud.


  9. #209
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    7,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Elfrid is probably the worst shooter under 6'8" in the NBA and definitely the worst FT shooter. It is a testament to the rest of his game that he plays significant minutes on the court. If he can just be an average NBA shooter he will be a borderline allstar. If he does not improve his shot he will become a journeyman NBA player.
    I can't believe anyone that watched the way Elfrid has sparked this team in the last 3-4 games could say he might become a journeyman.

    Dude's figuring it out fast, and his shot's improving fast. He's way less timid. He's a boss on the court. He runs that team. They feed off him.

    Ask Harden and the Rockets. Ask Wade and the Heat. Ask Kobe, who sat out because of "old age" because he knew he was about to get owned. Elfrid's not playing around.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,604

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    With his age, its crazy to think he should be a true Junior in college right now.


  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Broussard, La
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I can't believe anyone that watched the way Elfrid has sparked this team in the last 3-4 games could say he might become a journeyman.

    Dude's figuring it out fast, and his shot's improving fast. He's way less timid. He's a boss on the court. He runs that team. They feed off him.

    Ask Harden and the Rockets. Ask Wade and the Heat. Ask Kobe, who sat out because of "old age" because he knew he was about to get owned. Elfrid's not playing around.
    I caught the last 8 minute of the rockets game. EP took over that game. He had a wrap around pass in the lane for a dunk. Then when Houston took the lead Elfrid drove the lane twice to score to keep the magic ahead for good. His teammates are starting to realize that if they pass it to him they'll get a better shot instead of just jacking up shots like they were earlier.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I can't believe anyone that watched the way Elfrid has sparked this team in the last 3-4 games could say he might become a journeyman.

    Dude's figuring it out fast, and his shot's improving fast. He's way less timid. He's a boss on the court. He runs that team. They feed off him.

    Ask Harden and the Rockets. Ask Wade and the Heat. Ask Kobe, who sat out because of "old age" because he knew he was about to get owned. Elfrid's not playing around.
    You must have missed the part where I said he could be allstar caliber. I agree he has lots of potential and improvement is likely but Guards who shoot 40% FG and 50% FT do not play meaningful minutes in the NBA over the long haul. Not hating on him. I think he can be the next Tony Parker. He to was a poor shooter when he came to the league also. Hopefully the Magic have a good shooting coach to bring him along.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,675

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Speaking of elfrid he had 22 points and 12 assists tonight. Probably one of his best games yet


  14. #214
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,592

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    Speaking of elfrid he had 22 points and 12 assists tonight. Probably one of his best games yet
    ---It just amazes me how some guys can shoot and other guys practice and practice and can't do it---My excuse was that I was cross eyed dominant it would screw me up on EP and FG kicking

    World's worst shooter until I got a left handed Shotgun but still wasn't worth a flip---Wonder if EP could be CED???

    -Oh and by the way a right handed hitter with a dominant left eye has a huge advantage I think

    Well I hit a lot better than I shot!!! lol


  15. #215
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,445

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

    -Oh and by the way a right handed hitter with a dominant left eye has a huge advantage I think

    But not as much an advantage than a left handed hitter that is right eye dominant......without secondary sexual characteristics, and hair on his chest at 18.

  16. #216
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,175

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    But not as much an advantage than a left handed hitter that is right eye dominant......without secondary sexual characteristics, and hair on his chest at 18.
    There has actually been a study done on this. While Cross-dominance [right eye-left hand or left eye-right hand] happens in a relative low percentage of the general population, it is very common among Major League baseball position players. The theory is that having the dominant eye on the side of the body nearest the pitcher allows for a more natural body/head position without the nose partially obscuring the view of the ball; therefore making hitting a baseball squarely marginally easier.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,473
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    There has actually been a study done on this. While Cross-dominance [right eye-left hand or left eye-right hand] happens in a relative low percentage of the general population, it is very common among Major League baseball position players. The theory is that having the dominant eye on the side of the body nearest the pitcher allows for a more natural body/head position without the nose partially obscuring the view of the ball; therefore making hitting a baseball squarely marginally easier.
    Must be why Elfred plays with the wrong hand.

  18. #218
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,535

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Payton finished the night with 39 minutes played, 19 points (9 of 17 from the field), 3 rebounds, 8 assist and 3 steals as the Magic get blown out by the Thunder

    Last edited by MelRock; January 19th, 2015 at 08:14 am. Reason: Corrected assists, fat fingers.

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,445

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    There has actually been a study done on this. While Cross-dominance [right eye-left hand or left eye-right hand] happens in a relative low percentage of the general population, it is very common among Major League baseball position players. The theory is that having the dominant eye on the side of the body nearest the pitcher allows for a more natural body/head position without the nose partially obscuring the view of the ball; therefore making hitting a baseball squarely marginally easier.
    That was understood. That is why bats left-throws right is common. I was just pointing out that batting from left side is a bigger advantage being 4.5' closer to first base.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    208

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    8 assists


Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •