Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 427

Thread: Tracking the Preaux Career of Elfrid Payton

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    Payton narrowly missed his first career triple double tonight
    16 points 10 assists 9 rebounds and also 3 steals. He is been playing pretty well as of late
    Sounds like the game is slowing down for him. Good to hear.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    3,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    ROY
    I wish but Won't happen! About a week ago he was shooting 47 percent from free throws and had only hit 13 total shots from 15 feet or more. The 10 or so games I've watched he barely played the 4th Q most of those games due to his shooting issues.

    Wiggins will probably, one cus he mostly will deserve and two he is the big name.

  3. #183
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,456

    UL Basketball Re: elfrid payton

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    Payton narrowly missed his first career triple double tonight
    16 points 10 assists 9 rebounds and also 3 steals. He is been playing pretty well as of late
    J-Town just sent me a text stating that fact! Awesome EP simply awesome young man! We at Louisiana are SO proud of you, EP very proud, Cajun Proud!!!!

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    3,303

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    On the other factors outside of outside shooting tho, he is as advertised. He also throws UL up constantly which is awesome. I hope he gets his offense better to help his already great game.


  5. #185
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,503

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    He was 1/1 from three today


  6. #186
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,326

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    He was 1/1 from three today
    ---I think I can help Ep's FTs---start shooting underhand!!!! Yes I am serious!!!

  7. #187
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,456

    UL Basketball Re: elfrid payton

    Feet shoulders width apart at the Free throw line, do his dribble looking down, catch the ball, eXhale, then as he raises his upper body in the erect position, using a little calf and leg, keeping shooting elbow in, see the RIM, flip his wrist at the top of his extension, aiming for 1" beyond the front of the rim! Like you said Boomer, "underhand"!


  8. #188
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,343

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Rick Barry style


  9. #189
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,326

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Feet shoulders width apart at the Free throw line, do his dribble looking down, catch the ball, eXhale, then as he raises his upper body in the erect position, using a little calf and leg, keeping shooting elbow in, see the RIM, flip his wrist at the top of his extension, aiming for 1" beyond the front of the rim! Like you said Boomer, "underhand"!

    Ah be careful with that body ERECTION deal---could make it HARD to shoot!!! Couldn't help it!!!


  10. #190
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    3,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---I think I can help Ep's FTs---start shooting underhand!!!! Yes I am serious!!!
    It sure couldn't hurt!

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,498

    Default Re: elfrid payton


  12. #192
    raginsaints's Avatar
    raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,740

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Dwight Howard on the loss to Orlando


    Dwight Howard: "I just think it started with their point guard. The guy with the crazy hair. He's the one that started everything."


  13. #193
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,237

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    He actually had two drives where he got a layup and had a drive & dish for a dunk as well, all in the last 2-3 minutes. He also made four free throws.


  14. #194
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,534

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Elfrid's last 3 games, box scores look like this:

    14-28 from the Field -- 50%
    6-8 from the FT Line -- 75%
    11.3 pts per game
    5.0 Rebounds per game
    5.0 Assist per game
    2.3 Turnovers per game


  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,854

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Awesome.


  16. #196
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,336
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Elfrid's last 3 games, box scores look like this:

    14-28 from the Field -- 50%
    6-8 from the FT Line -- 75%
    11.3 pts per game
    5.0 Rebounds per game
    5.0 Assist per game
    2.3 Turnovers per game
    Wow

  17. #197
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,520

    Default Re: elfrid payton

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Wow
    Elfrid is not doing poorly for a guy whom many (several on this forum in fact) thought would be lucky to get a sniff in the 2nd round. Basketball is not all about fancy dunks and long distance shooting. Elfrid does a lot of the things to help a basketball team not related to those facets.

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    10,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Elfrid is not doing poorly for a guy whom many (several on this forum in fact) thought would be lucky to get a sniff in the 2nd round. Basketball is not all about fancy dunks and long distance shooting. Elfrid does a lot of the things to help a basketball team not related to those facets.
    If he can work on a fairly consistent jump shot he will be deadly, if he doesn't make them respect his shot, defenses will start to sag and make those passing and driving lanes a lot tighter, but he is doing very well and he is young.

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,791

    Default Re: elfrid payton


  20. #200
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,503

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •