_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is the most ......

Default Who is the most ......

Underrated player on the cajun baseball team?

Default Re: Who is the most ......

Wow, for me I think I go with Leonards. Merely because he plays with two other infielders who are so damn good.

But, that guy there is pretty salty.

Scoob

Lenard's is who I had in mind....hope this guy gets the chance to continue his playing days.

Michael Strentz. What he's done with the pitching staff has been fantastic. Add to that, while his batting average is well below the rest of the team, he does a good job with the bunt, and oh yeah, he has 10 bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Michael Strentz. What he's done with the pitching staff has been fantastic. Add to that, while his batting average is well below the rest of the team, he does a good job with the bunt, and oh yeah, he has 10 bombs.
    I was going to say Strentz. He plays catcher every bit as well as Lucroy did. Not as good of a hitter obviously.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Wilson can strike you out in the top of the inning and lace a double in the bottom. He's a good outfielder as well. I've also always thought Compton was somewhat underrated. You don't here much about him at 1st base because he's usually the recipient of an amazing throw from the infield. His batting average is solid and can to get you a hit when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I know this is too early. However, I am always thinking of future NC runs like this year!!

Okay here is our Baseball roster. Can someone give me your thoughts on who will leave after the season besides Seniors: Draft, Transfer, etc.

What kind of team can we expect for next season with what will be returning and what we have coming in?

Connor Toups 1 Connor Toups LHP R/L 6-0 180 R-Fr. Lafayette, La. St. Thomas More HS
    Adam Angelle 2 Adam Angelle OF R/R 5-9 180 Jr. Breaux Bridge, La. Teurlings Catholic HS LSU-Eunice
    Blake Trahan 4 Blake Trahan SS R/R 5-9 180 So. Kinder, La. Kinder HS
    Riley Cooper 5 Riley Cooper LHP L/L 5-8 140 Fr. Texas City, Texas Texas City HS
    Nick Thurman 6 Nick Thurman C L/R 6-2 210 So. Belle Chasse, La. Belle Chasse HS
    Ryan Leonards 7 Ryan Leonards UTL R/R 6-0 190 Sr. Crowley, La. Notre Dame HS
    Tyler Girouard 9 Tyler Girouard 3B L/R 5-9 180 Jr. Lafayette, La. Teurlings Catholic HS
    Joe Robbins 10 Joe Robbins SS R/R 5-9 190 So. Pineville, La. Tioga HS
    Michael Strentz 11 Michael Strentz C R/R 6-1 210 Jr. Lafayette, La. Comeaux HS
    Austin Robichaux 12 Austin Robichaux RHP R/R 6-6 170 Jr. Crowley, La. Notre Dame HS
    Caleb Adams 13 Caleb Adams OF R/R 6-0 185 Jr. Texarkana, Texas Texas HS Texarkana JC
    Greg Milhorn 14 Greg Milhorn RHP R/R 6-2 180 Jr. Texarkana, Ark. Arkansas HS Northeast Texas CC
    Dylan Butler 15 Dylan Butler OF R/R 5-11 200 Jr. Belle Chasse, La. Archbishop Shaw
    Martin Anderson 17 Martin Anderson RHP R/R 5-11 200 Jr. Dubach, La. Cedar Creek HS
    Hayden Guidry 18 Hayden Guidry RHP R/R 6-1 206 Fr. Bridge City, Texas Bridge City HS
    Jace Conrad 19 Jace Conrad 2B L/R 6-0 195 Jr. Lafayette, La. Lafayette HS
    Cody Boutte 20 Cody Boutte LHP L/L 6-0 175 Sr. New Iberia, La. New Iberia Senior HS LSU-Eunice
    Ryan Wilson 23 Ryan Wilson OF/LHP R/L 6-0 180 Sr. Owasso, Okla. Owasso HS Seminole State College
    Chris Griffitt 24 Chris Griffitt LHP R/L 6-2 175 Sr. Metairie, La. Ridgewood Prep. Bossier Parish CC
    Kyle Clement 25 Kyle Clement OF L/R 5-10 185 Jr. Jeanerette, La. Catholic HS (New Iberia) Mississippi Gulf
    Matt Hicks 26 Matt Hicks RHP R/R 5-8 170 Sr. Bridge City, Texas Bridge City HS
    Seth Harrison 27 Seth Harrison OF/RHP R/R 6-0 200 Jr. Cypress, Texas Cy-Fair HS Hill College
    Chris Charpentier 29 Chris Charpentier RHP R/R 5-9 169 Fr. Berwick, La. Berwick HS
    Ben Carter 30 Ben Carter RHP R/R 6-2 220 Sr. Greenwell Springs, La. Parkview Baptist HS LSU-Eunice
    Evan Powell 31 Evan Powell UTL R/R 5-10 205 Jr. Lake Charles, La. Sam Houston HS LSU-Eunice
    Chase Compton 32 Chase Compton 1B L/R 6-2 210 Sr. Slidell, La. Northshore HS
    Nick Zaunbrecher 33 Nick Zaunbrecher RHP R/R 6-0 200 So. Lake Charles, La. Barbe HS
    Matt Plitt 35 Matt Plitt RHP R/R 6-4 220 Sr. Texas City, Texas Texas City HS Galveston College
    Trace Guidry 38 Trace Guidry RHP R/R 6-5 170 Fr. Cecilia, La. Cecilia HS
    Greg Davis 39 Greg Davis 3B R/R 6-0 225 Jr. Ovilla, Texas DeSoto HS North Central Texas College
    Reagan Bazar 41 Reagan Bazar RHP R/R 6-7 230 Fr. Salado, Texas Salado HS
    Carson Baranik 44 Carson Baranik RHP R/R 6-3 215 Jr. Bossier City, La. Parkway HS Miami Dade CC

I would guess Girouard (supposedly has said he won't play next year), Aut, and Adams won't be back (draft). Possibly Conrad, Baranik and Strentz will leave for pro ball as well. And then, as you mentioned, all of the seniors. A LOT to replace.

Draft starts tomorrow, so we will have a better idea soon.

Section A...

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    I was going to say Strentz. He plays catcher every bit as well as Lucroy did. Not as good of a hitter obviously.
    I hope your not serious when you say he plays every bit as well as Lucroy?

Defensively comparing college Lucroy to college Strentz I agree. Hitting was a whole nother animal. Lucroy could absolutely rake.

For my money, it's Leonards. He seems to always be on base and he is a wizard at 3rd base.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    While Leonards is underrated, Scoob is the MOST under-rated. All he did was start midweek -- move to Saturday-- and then back to the pen-- still hasnt lost a game and stuck it up a pretty good Miss State team. Also one of the few legit 2-way players in college baseball.

Blog Entries

Leonards......quietly gets it done consistently

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I hope your not serious when you say he plays every bit as well as Lucroy?
    Read my post. He plays the position as well as Lucroy did. Batting was another story.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    For my money, it's Leonards. He seems to always be on base and he is a wizard at 3rd base.
    Agree. I immediately thought of Leonard's - always good ABs. He can bunt single like no other, get walks, hit, and the guy is brilliant at 3rd. He is a perfect leadoff guy

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post

Greg Davis---and he needs somehow to play more---but every time I say put him in for Compton ---Compton puts on an off and Def clinic!!!

Dad04 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    Defensively comparing college Lucroy to college Strentz I agree. Hitting was a whole nother animal. Lucroy could absolutely rake.
    Different players with different skills. Strentz with the rocket arm. Lucroy did, does, will rake. I agree that what Greg Davis has done in limited AB's is unmatched. 12 HR and 23 RBI in 86 AB's is sick. Extrapolate that out to a full season of 220 AB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Different players with different skills. Strentz with the rocket arm. Lucroy did, does, will rake. I agree that what Greg Davis has done in limited AB's is unmatched. 12 HR and 23 RBI in 86 AB's is sick. Extrapolate that out to a full season of 220 AB's.
    Haha. The legend. Hit 3 HRs and it becomes twelve over time! By the time he's done here, it will be "you remember Greg Davis? Dude hit 50 HRs one season...and only played half the time!"

Just yanking your chain Dad04. But Davis does only have 3 bombs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast