Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23
Results 441 to 452 of 452

Thread: Smackinations of the Rebel

  1. #441
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,018

    Default Re: Smackinations of the Rebel

    Quote Originally Posted by Uofm3140 View Post
    Also, on average, our trailers are 54k more expensive than your mansions.

    http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ms/oxford/#data

    http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/la/lafayette/#data
    We put trucks on our trailers roofs...your argument is invalid.

  2. #442
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,282

    Default Re: Smackinations of the Rebel

    Quote Originally Posted by Uofm3140 View Post
    Ahead of you in academics by a long shot. Tied for seventh in the nation among public universities with 25 Rhodes scholars. Top 3 honors college. Just FYI, our entrance requirements are so low due to a mandate requiring all MS universities to have the same entrance requirements as our African American universities in the state.

    http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...ies?int=9a3408
    Sweet talk will get you nowhere.

  3. #443
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,282

    Default Re: Smackinations of the Rebel

    Quote Originally Posted by OBReb View Post
    The reason people are mad is because we would offer a ton of standing room only, and virtually unlimited tickets to the outfield. No matter who the person was a fan of. You just have to show up and buy them.


    win.....more......games

  4. #444
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    640

    Default Re: Smackinations of the Rebel

    Quote Originally Posted by Uofm3140 View Post
    Just FYI, our entrance requirements are so low due to a mandate requiring all MS universities to have the same entrance requirements as our African American universities in the state.
    Wow. Our school integrated relatively nicely and peacefully.... What next, a showing of Mississippi Burning as something you are proud of?

  5. #445
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,873

    Default Re: Smackinations of the Rebel

    Quote Originally Posted by Uofm3140 View Post
    Ahead of you in academics by a long shot. Tied for seventh in the nation among public universities with 25 Rhodes scholars. Top 3 honors college. Just FYI, our entrance requirements are so low due to a mandate requiring all MS universities to have the same entrance requirements as our African American universities in the state.

    http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...ies?int=9a3408
    Rhodes Scholars are selected by previous winners. For decades, in our district they went almost exclusively to Ole Miss, Tulane & Arkansas. You can't tell me all the really bright kids in the district go to those three schools. So are your kids smart, or are your alumni cronies?

    For all of your age (1848), size, budget and history, you aren't even SREB Doc I, you're Doc II like us... and Jackson State: LINK BTW, MSU and USM are both Doc I (we'll be there in another 3-4 years, too.)

    Our Research budget in 2012 was $65M (it's almost $80M now), yours was $121M (far behind MSU's $233M): LINK

    But your data includes the Medical Center. The most recent data for the Med campus, 2010 (which had more than doubled in 3 years, so we have to assume it was even larger by 2012) was $75M: LINK

    So your research budget in Oxford was no more than $46M, well behind ours.

    So yes, your campus, like your coeds, is beautiful.

    But apparently, neither are particularly intellectual.

  6. #446
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,873

    Default Re: Smackinations of the Rebel

    PS Bobby Jindal was Rhodes Scholar. So that won't win you any friends around here anyway.


  7. #447
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,282

    Default Re: Smackinations of the Rebel

    Campuses and coeds don't win ballgames.


  8. #448
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,018

    Default Re: Smackinations of the Rebel

    Quote Originally Posted by Uofm3140 View Post
    Ahead of you in academics by a long shot. Tied for seventh in the nation among public universities with 25 Rhodes scholars. Top 3 honors college. Just FYI, our entrance requirements are so low due to a mandate requiring all MS universities to have the same entrance requirements as our African American universities in the state.

    http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...ies?int=9a3408
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  9. #449
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Metry
    Posts
    1,388

    Default Re: Smackinations of the Rebel

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Rhodes Scholars are selected by previous winners. For decades, in our district they went almost exclusively to Ole Miss, Tulane & Arkansas. You can't tell me all the really bright kids in the district go to those three schools. So are your kids smart, or are your alumni cronies?

    For all of your age (1848), size, budget and history, you aren't even SREB Doc I, you're Doc II like us... and Jackson State: LINK BTW, MSU and USM are both Doc I (we'll be there in another 3-4 years, too.)

    Our Research budget in 2012 was $65M (it's almost $80M now), yours was $121M (far behind MSU's $233M): LINK

    But your data includes the Medical Center. The most recent data for the Med campus, 2010 (which had more than doubled in 3 years, so we have to assume it was even larger by 2012) was $75M: LINK

    So your research budget in Oxford was no more than $46M, well behind ours.

    So yes, your campus, like your coeds, is beautiful.

    But apparently, neither are particularly intellectual.
    This, my friend, was a well-crafted and focused post. It pulled the curtain back on the hypocrisy of the Ole Miss arrogance. Well done! (In a parlance our friends ay UM might understand: "Way to call "bullsh*$!") Geaux Cajuns!

  10. #450
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,873

    Default Re: Smackinations of the Rebel

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    This, my friend, was a well-crafted and focused post. It pulled the curtain back on the hypocrisy of the Ole Miss arrogance. Well done! (In a parlance our friends ay UM might understand: "Way to call "bullsh*$!") Geaux Cajuns!
    Thanks. Funny, I was hoping one of the Ole Miss fans would answer by now...

  11. #451
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: Smackinations of the Rebel

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Thanks. Funny, I was hoping one of the Ole Miss fans would answer by now...
    I don't know about all that... But we did cure aids... Just saying...

  12. #452
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: Smackinations of the Rebel

    Well Cajun's I am about to sign off... Had fun, great baseball IQ for the most part. Looking forward to a great series.

    Hotty Toddy! go to hell LSUX!


Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •