_ _ _ _

Thread: BB: Ragin' Cajuns rewarded with national seed

1. Default BB: Ragin' Cajuns rewarded with national seed

UL — Not at all afraid to make known what they want to get out of the next week and beyond, members of the University of Louisiana ... at Lafayette baseball team on Monday wore red t-shirts that said "MISSION OMAHA" in big, black letters.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns rewarded with national seed

What's with the Advertiser's new policy of using UL's full legal name to start every story?

A year or so ago they clearly printed that this would be their modus operandi only when it came to "academic" stories, but not athletic. "Louisiana for athletics"

Has there been yet another editor change in the past few months?

Buckley using ULL? Five times no less?

This is junk.

Buckley says/prints ULL?... Ugh... He said in the first interview that had on kpel that he was not a homer. I can respect that, but come on man....ULL?.. get with the program! The Daily Misprint (Badvertiser) is just bad (editing that is)..........

Last edited by leeman; May 27th, 2014 at 04:42 am. Reason: I had a brilliant follow up....

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    What's with the Advertiser's new policy of using UL's full legal name to start every story?

A year or so ago they clearly printed that this would be their modus operandi only when it came to "academic" stories, but not athletic. "Louisiana for athletics"

Has there been yet another editor change in the past few months?

Buckley using ULL? Five times no less?

This is junk.
    I'm sure they were bombarded by whining e-mails from ULMost fans. The News Star staff likely complained. Political pressure was applied. The editors didn't want to hurt the waaaaaahoax' feelings. Decker argued we should get over it

Whichever of the bull____ excuses above applies, the editors need to grow a pair and tell them all to STFU.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Re: BB: Ragin' Cajuns rewarded with national seed

Well they wonder why the will lose to the Acadiana Advocate. At least it is a Baton Rouge paper dissing us. More customers will be leaving. Gannet is not long for Lafayette, maybe they are protecting their new home turf, MoanROW.

Blog Entries

Default Re: BB: Ragin' Cajuns rewarded with national seed

They need to know ULL is not the name of the school.

Irregardless of the fact that the law needed a separate paragraph to create an exception for this format. Otherwise it would break the law.

The key being it was "optional" at the schools discretion. UL has failed against its use.

And that the variation UL-L is illegal without exception.

UL or Louisiana with LA for tickers

The actual physical paper did not have any ULL's in it. I have not looked at the on line version.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The link won't open for me, but I looked at the same story at the advertiser.com and it was nothing but ULs as usual. Maybe they changed it.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    The actual physical paper did not have any ULL's in it. I have not looked at the on line version.
    The online version I saw had The official name as first reference then UL throughout. Now I did not check it until after seeing this thread late yesterday so maybe someone corrected it after the fact.

Blog Entries

They yanked it.

Someone must have been taking liberties with Mr. Buckley's article.

Attached Images Attached Images