_ _ _ _

Thread: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

UL Football Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

Writer's Note

A colleague of mine, Ron Bowens, and I were discussing my recent article on Noel Devine when he asked me if I had heard of the "Tyrell kid down in Louisiana." Taking as much pride as I do in knowing obscure sports names, players, stats, and information, I was a bit embarrassed that I hadn't heard of him.

Ron assured me that I should check him out, and when I did, it prompted me to write a piece on him as well to bring attention to this fine young man.

Enjoy!

From humble beginnings in La Place, LA, (population 30,590), Tyrell Fenroy has gone from prep phenom, to overlooked recruit, to the sixth-leading rusher in the nation. He also has grown mentally, physically, and spiritually as a person and player at the University of Louisiana-Lafayette.

The rest of the story

Scott Reiger
    BleacherReport.com

DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

Quote from the article:

"What makes it so impressive is that Heisman candidate and NCAA leading rusher Javon Ringer, who has put up 1,373 yards, has 170 more carries than Fenroy but only averages 4.6 ypc. If Fenroy had 300 carries, he'd have 2,250 yards already!"

Amazing! What more can you say?

GEAUX FENROY!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong stat. It said Fenroy needs 70yards to surpass 1k yards this year while actually he just needs 30+.

Also it said Fenroy almost didn't get offer from UL and had to walkon some where. Is that true? Any one knows??

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlan View Post
    Wrong stat. It said Fenroy needs 70yards to surpass 1k yards this year while actually he just needs 30+.

Also it said Fenroy almost didn't get offer from UL and had to walkon some where. Is that true? Any one knows??
    from what i have heard yes that is in fact true

This is Upsetting Re: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    _ from what i have heard yes that is in fact true _
    O man, it's a shame he got overlooked like that.

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    _ from what i have heard yes that is in fact true _
    No he had an offer in hand and didn't visit I believe Mississippi State because he had committed to us already.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ No he had an offer in hand and didn't visit I believe Mississippi State because he had committed to us already. _
    Ole Miss buddy, Ole Miss. You wanna know you ask me about Fenroy. YOU MY BOY FENROY!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    No he had an offer in hand and didn't visit I believe Mississippi State because he had committed to us already.
    i was told that before that it took alot of effort on someones part to get the school to take a look at him in the first place

it's true. we already had deon signed, and didn't want to tie up two scholarships at two freshman running backs

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    _ it's true. we already had deon signed, and didn't want to tie up two scholarships at two freshman running backs _
    We didn't know till the final day that we were getting Deon so you are wrong. He made a last minute trip to UCLA before committing to us. Tyrell was committed way before Deon.

Article sounds, in part, a little like my blog from a few weeks ago

www.blog.nola.com/quickslants

igeaux.mobi

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
    _ Article sounds, in part, a little like my blog from a few weeks ago

www.blog.nola.com/quickslants

igeaux.mobi _
    sucky link. Come by tomorrow if you can. Mentioned your deal to Kate, she cool if you can still use her.

Z

Will do

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    sucky link. Come by tomorrow if you can. Mentioned your deal to Kate, she cool if you can still use her.

Z
    igeaux.mobi

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I think that the most unbeleivable story on Fenroy is his missing the first day of practice

-Coaches were wondering what was going on and where was he

-locked in the dorm bathroom by mistake and he couldn't get out--now that is funny!!!!