_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

  1. #1

    UL Football Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana


      Writer's Note

    A colleague of mine, Ron Bowens, and I were discussing my recent article on Noel Devine when he asked me if I had heard of the "Tyrell kid down in Louisiana." Taking as much pride as I do in knowing obscure sports names, players, stats, and information, I was a bit embarrassed that I hadn't heard of him.

    Ron assured me that I should check him out, and when I did, it prompted me to write a piece on him as well to bring attention to this fine young man.

    Enjoy!


    ****************************************************************

    From humble beginnings in La Place, LA, (population 30,590), Tyrell Fenroy has gone from prep phenom, to overlooked recruit, to the sixth-leading rusher in the nation. He also has grown mentally, physically, and spiritually as a person and player at the University of Louisiana-Lafayette.

    The rest of the story



    Scott Reiger
    BleacherReport.com


  2. #2
    DieHard1280's Avatar
    DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    5,045

    Default Re: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

    Quote from the article:

    "What makes it so impressive is that Heisman candidate and NCAA leading rusher Javon Ringer, who has put up 1,373 yards, has 170 more carries than Fenroy but only averages 4.6 ypc. If Fenroy had 300 carries, he'd have 2,250 yards already!"

    Amazing! What more can you say?

    GEAUX FENROY!!!!!!!!!!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Crawley, West Sussex, UK.
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

    Wrong stat. It said Fenroy needs 70yards to surpass 1k yards this year while actually he just needs 30+.

    Also it said Fenroy almost didn't get offer from UL and had to walkon some where. Is that true? Any one knows??


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rayne, Mire
    Posts
    927

    Default Re: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlan View Post
    Wrong stat. It said Fenroy needs 70yards to surpass 1k yards this year while actually he just needs 30+.

    Also it said Fenroy almost didn't get offer from UL and had to walkon some where. Is that true? Any one knows??
    from what i have heard yes that is in fact true

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Crawley, West Sussex, UK.
    Posts
    75

    This is Upsetting Re: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    _ from what i have heard yes that is in fact true _
    O man, it's a shame he got overlooked like that.

  6. #6
    Clutch0364's Avatar
    Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    5,164

    Default Re: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    _ from what i have heard yes that is in fact true _
    No he had an offer in hand and didn't visit I believe Mississippi State because he had committed to us already.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    4,223

    Default Re: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ No he had an offer in hand and didn't visit I believe Mississippi State because he had committed to us already. _
    Ole Miss buddy, Ole Miss. You wanna know you ask me about Fenroy. YOU MY BOY FENROY!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rayne, Mire
    Posts
    927

    Default Re: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    No he had an offer in hand and didn't visit I believe Mississippi State because he had committed to us already.
    i was told that before that it took alot of effort on someones part to get the school to take a look at him in the first place

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,219

    Default Re: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

    it's true. we already had deon signed, and didn't want to tie up two scholarships at two freshman running backs


  10. #10
    Clutch0364's Avatar
    Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    5,164

    Default Re: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

    Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    _ it's true. we already had deon signed, and didn't want to tie up two scholarships at two freshman running backs _
    We didn't know till the final day that we were getting Deon so you are wrong. He made a last minute trip to UCLA before committing to us. Tyrell was committed way before Deon.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Mandeville, LA
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Article sounds, in part, a little like my blog from a few weeks ago

    www.blog.nola.com/quickslants




    igeaux.mobi


  12. #12
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,773

    Default Re: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
    _ Article sounds, in part, a little like my blog from a few weeks ago

    www.blog.nola.com/quickslants






    igeaux.mobi _
    sucky link. Come by tomorrow if you can. Mentioned your deal to Kate, she cool if you can still use her.

    Z

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Mandeville, LA
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Will do



    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    sucky link. Come by tomorrow if you can. Mentioned your deal to Kate, she cool if you can still use her.

    Z
    igeaux.mobi

  14. #14
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,206

    Default Re: Heisman Snub? Tyrell Fenroy Flying Under the Radar for Louisiana

    I think that the most unbeleivable story on Fenroy is his missing the first day of practice

    -Coaches were wondering what was going on and where was he

    -locked in the dorm bathroom by mistake and he couldn't get out--now that is funny!!!!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •