FINAL 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E
    Louisiana 0 3 3 0 0 5 2 13 16 2
    South Alabama 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 3 9 2

Blog Entries

Default Re: UL vs. South AL - Game 3

46-7!!!!!

Nice its been a while since we had a weekend sweep

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

great ball and bat weekend all around

I think GSU probably started a support group to cope with this kind of dream-crushing weekend. USA may need the number.

Outstanding baseball today. And minus an inning yesterday, a tremendous weekend

Greg Davis SBC player of the week??? What did he have, like 8 or 9 RBI in two games?

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I remember after the football and basketball upsets, a USA fan saying they were "dominating" us athletically. Well since then we destroyed them on senior day in basketball and they did not qualify for the conference tournament. They had an outstanding softball team but could not beat us in either the regular season or tournament for those championships. Baseball wise, we hit them all weekend at their place and they likely won't make the conference tournament in that sport either. No doubt they made strides in football but they had a very senior laden team and I would not be surprised if they took a step back in 2014. If anyone is "dominating" this athletic rivalry, I don't think it is the team in Mobile.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I remember after the football and basketball upsets, a USA fan saying they were "dominating" us athletically. Well since then we destroyed them on senior day in basketball and they did not qualify for the conference tournament. They had an outstanding softball team but could not beat us in either the regular season or tournament for those championships. Baseball wise, we hit them all weekend at their place and they likely won't make the conference tournament in that sport either. No doubt they made strides in football but they had a very senior laden team and I would not be surprised if they took a step back in 2014. If anyone is "dominating" this athletic rivalry, I don't think it is the team in Mobile.
    It's kind of nice to see those guys competing with us though. We need the competition from someone to continue to build conference RPI & recognition. Let's face it. It's ASU, USA, & us who will be the pillars of this conference as long as it exists, or until we get a ticket out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    It's kind of nice to see those guys competing with us though. We need the competition from someone to continue to build conference RPI & recognition. Let's face it. It's ASU, USA, & us who will be the pillars of this conference as long as it exists, or until we get a ticket out.
    USA was severely outmanned in Mobile this weekend, but they didn't give up, not once. They were diving making circus catches all weekend and put up a 7 run 7th inning last night to tie the game.

I know we have a great team, maybe the best Cajun baseball team ever, but the current talent level in the Sunbelt makes me sad.

????

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4