_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: rankings

  1. #1
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,461

    Default rankings

    2 services have us ranked at 84th---LSU is down to 49th in one poll

    -Troy still leads our conf at about 51st!!!!!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Fort Bend County
    Posts
    1,108

    Default Re: rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    LSU is down to 49th in one poll
    That's crazy. They're still a top 20 team.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    4,211

    Default Re: rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
    _ That's crazy. They're still a top 20 team. _
    Agreed. Any pole that has LSU 49th is worthless. 51 for Troy sounds about right.

  4. #4
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,886

    UL Football Re: rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Agreed. Any pole that has LSU 49th is worthless. 51 for Troy sounds about right. _
    Ditto, exactly! LSU is ranked 13th in some polls how can this one have them 49th. Nice to see UL climbing! Where is Ark St? I sure hope we have a Huge crowd and bring our A++ game! This one is big.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    3,076

    Default Re: rankings

    *sports cliche coming...*

    We will have to play our best game of the season so far to win this game. No way we can "squeak by" this week.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    15,448

    UL Football Re: rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    2 services have us ranked at 84th---LSU is down to 49th in one poll

    -Troy still leads our conf at about 51st!!!!!

    This is my favorite rankings page, it basically takes all the rankings and sums them all up into one poll. We are ranked #96 in it, while ASU is #83. Not the best rankings, but a good guess since it uses them all.

    http://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

    They have links to all 73 of the rankings at the top of the page.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Broussard, LA
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: rankings

    Here are our current rankings in the 6 BCS computer rankings. (As of 10/13/2008)

    Billingsly - 105
    Sagarin - 125
    Colley - 97
    Wolfe - Not out yet
    Massey - 108
    Anderson/Hester - 95

    Believe it or not, the only time I've seen our rankings better than this was after we beat Houston and FAU in 2006. We all know what happened after that.

    Let's just keep scoring 44+ on offense and we will be tough to beat. If these injuries on D keep coming, we'll have to start the Ragin Jazz guy.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA.
    Posts
    4,735

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunShocker View Post
    Let's just keep scoring 44+ on offense and we will be tough to beat. If these injuries on D keep coming, we'll have to start the Ragin Jazz guy. _
    MAN, you tell HIM that, we'll never see him again!!

  9. #9
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,461

    Default Re: rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ Ditto, exactly! LSU is ranked 13th in some polls how can this one have them 49th. Nice to see UL climbing! Where is Ark St? I sure hope we have a Huge crowd and bring our A++ game! This one is big. _
    Hey I picked our best and LSU's worst

    -if I knew how to do it I would give the directions to get there!!!!


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    259

    Default Re: rankings

    49th? Maybe we should be 51st after allowing that many points to Florida. Oh well, we could still lose one more game to an Eastern team (Georgia or South Carolina) and still have a great chance to win the West. I'm pretty sure Alabama will lose at least twice.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark
    Posts
    1,747

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
    _ That's crazy. They're still a top 20 team. _
    you care that much?? so what where they are. let them drown in it in for awhile. just keep saying to yourself--51 pts., 51 pts,...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    4,115

    Default Re: rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunShocker View Post
    _ Here are our current rankings in the 6 BCS computer rankings. (As of 10/13/2009)

    Billingsly - 105
    Sagarin - 125
    Colley - 97
    Wolfe - Not out yet
    Massey - 108
    Anderson/Hester - 95

    Believe it or not, the only time I've seen our rankings better than this was after we beat Houston and FAU in 2006. We all know what happened after that.

    Let's just keep scoring 44+ on offense and we will be tough to beat. If these injuries on D keep coming, we'll have to start the Ragin Jazz guy. _
    I don't see how three of them have us ranked lower than 100. I can see us realistically in the 75 - 95 range, maybe rising up higher depending on how we do in the next few games. But 125? Are you freakin' kiddin' me?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Broussard, LA
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    But 125? Are you freakin' kiddin' me? _
    I know, but these are computer rankings. They simply compare what you have done against your opponents and what your opponents have done against their opponents, then factor in things like conference strength, strength of schedule, etc. Most don't count margin of victory or defeat, so playing tight with Illinois and Kansas State don't do anything in the computers eyes, as they might in a human poll. Also, the fact that our conference has not done very well this year against other conferences is hurting us.

    All in all, the BCS computer rankings mean nothing for us. All we need to do is win. Win ugly, win pretty, who gives a rat's a__. Just win.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    4,115

    Default Re: rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunShocker View Post
    _ I know, but these are computer rankings. They simply compare what you have done against your opponents and what your opponents have done against their opponents, then factor in things like conference strength, strength of schedule, etc. Most don't count margin of victory or defeat, so playing tight with Illinois and Kansas State don't do anything in the computers eyes, as they might in a human poll. Also, the fact that our conference has not done very well this year against other conferences is hurting us.

    All in all, the BCS computer rankings mean nothing for us. All we need to do is win. Win ugly, win pretty, who gives a rat's a__. Just win. _
    Yep!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Eunice, LA
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunShocker View Post
    _ I know, but these are computer rankings. They simply compare what you have done against your opponents and what your opponents have done against their opponents, then factor in things like conference strength, strength of schedule, etc. Most don't count margin of victory or defeat, so playing tight with Illinois and Kansas State don't do anything in the computers eyes, as they might in a human poll. Also, the fact that our conference has not done very well this year against other conferences is hurting us.

    All in all, the BCS computer rankings mean nothing for us. All we need to do is win. Win ugly, win pretty, who gives a rat's a__. Just win. _
    Could these computers be the same ones the Nat'l Weather Service uses to plot hurricane paths and other weather data?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Fort Bend County
    Posts
    1,108

    Default Re: rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Saint View Post
    _ you care that much?? _
    If taking 15 seconds to type a post is your definition of "caring so much," it must not take much to get you excited.

    Here's why you should care a little: any poll that ranks State so low is crap, and by extension, their ranking of UL is crap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •