Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Nickname For Fenroy

  1. #21
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,592

    Default Re: Nickname For Fenroy

    On another subject from the previous post

    I don't think that jersey numbers should be RETIRED

    All those guys up on the wall of the stadium --I played with some and saw all the others play

    MOST DESERVING---however, let others wear their number--Oh keep their deal on the wall and please don't let this in anyway take away from their fabulous efforts as a Cajun---just call it the Honored number or something like that and let others wear that number!! Just my thoughts and we almost need 3 numbers for players these days!!!!


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,158
    Blog Entries
    1

    UL Football Re: Nickname For Fenroy

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Is Fenroy the best player ever to wear a Cajun uniform? _
    Not yet, but I will prolly be saying that after the season is over......

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,463

    Default Re: Nickname For Fenroy

    Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Tyrell is a stud! But I think (in my lifetime which doesn't include Dark or Cagle) that no one has been better than Brian Mitchell. He was dominant. Michael Vick like on a smaller scale. Look at his stats the last time we beat So. Miss. We also had more team success. _

    I saw all of Mitchell's games and he was great. However, if Fenroy gets another 1,000 yard year and becomes only the 7th player in NCAA 1A history to get 1,000 yards rushing for 4 years in a row and Fenroy breaks ALL UL and SBC rushing records and if UL wins the conference and goes to a bowl game this year and completely turns this program around, it will be very hard not to recognize Fenroy as #1. Heck, even the Kansas State coach, a BCS coach, said UL was clearly one of the top 10 rushing teams in the country and have been for the past few years. That is because of Fenroy and Desormeaux and an improving offensive line each year. If Fenroy stays on pace, he just might make an All American team this year. He is already over 500 yards in just 4 games.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,231

    Default Re: Nickname For Fenroy

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I saw all of Mitchell's games and he was great. However, if Fenroy gets another 1,000 yard year and becomes only the 7th player in NCAA 1A history to get 1,000 yards rushing for 4 years in a row and Fenroy breaks ALL UL and SBC rushing records and if UL wins the conference and goes to a bowl game this year and completely turns this program around, it will be very hard not to recognize Fenroy as #1. Heck, even the Kansas State coach, a BCS coach, said UL was clearly one of the top 10 rushing teams in the country and have been for the past few years. That is because of Fenroy and Desormeaux and an improving offensive line each year. If Fenroy stays on pace, he just might make an All American team this year. He is already over 500 yards in just 4 games. _
    This is a great accomplishment, but remember that players can leave after their junior year. It's a very impressive statistic, but the 7th ever part may be a bit misleading. I fully expect to see Fenroy taken in the draft and get a legitimate shot to play on Sundays.

    Go Cajuns! Beat the Warhoax!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,618

    Default Re: Nickname For Fenroy

    It is impressive because not many freshman start at the D-1 level, much less rush for 1000 yards. It is even more impressive because he has not played a full 12 game schedule since he has been here. Meaning that theoritcially he could have been closer to 1500 yards each season.

    you are right many RB leave after there Junior Year and I think TF could have, but he would not have been drafter where he wants to, plus that is not what this kid is about. According to everyone that speaks to him, he is a special kid and even though he will end his career with Cajun records, SBC records and some national recognition, more importantly the kid just wants to win and win he shall. I was nervous about this season when it started, but I truely believe we will be playing in New Orleans Bowl this season. Everything is coming together and I want this coaching staff back.

    PS, don't think the future isn't bright--Freshman that I am impressed with:
    Brad McGuire, Undrea Sails, Ladarius Green, Pierre Hill. Plus I want to see a young man by the name of Yobes Walker get his hands on the ball next season.


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    4,622

    Default Re: Nickname For Fenroy

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    _ It is impressive because not many freshman start at the D-1 level, much less rush for 1000 yards. It is even more impressive because he has not played a full 12 game schedule since he has been here. Meaning that theoritcially he could have been closer to 1500 yards each season.

    you are right many RB leave after there Junior Year and I think TF could have, but he would not have been drafter where he wants to, plus that is not what this kid is about. According to everyone that speaks to him, he is a special kid and even though he will end his career with Cajun records, SBC records and some national recognition, more importantly the kid just wants to win and win he shall. I was nervous about this season when it started, but I truely believe we will be playing in New Orleans Bowl this season. Everything is coming together and I want this coaching staff back.

    PS, don't think the future isn't bright--Freshman that I am impressed with:
    Brad McGuire, Undrea Sails, Ladarius Green, Pierre Hill. Plus I want to see a young man by the name of Yobes Walker get his hands on the ball next season. _
    Undrea is not a freshman

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,618

    Default Re: Nickname For Fenroy

    Sorry JC Transfer, but still have him for all of next year.


  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    4,622

    Default Re: Nickname For Fenroy

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    _ Sorry JC Transfer, but still have him for all of next year. _
    I agree he will be big for us! Played well last week. 2 more for your list Bentley and Dean!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    3,067

    Default Re: Nickname For Fenroy

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I saw all of Mitchell's games and he was great. However, if Fenroy gets another 1,000 yard year and becomes only the 7th player in NCAA 1A history to get 1,000 yards rushing for 4 years in a row and Fenroy breaks ALL UL and SBC rushing records and if UL wins the conference and goes to a bowl game this year and completely turns this program around, it will be very hard not to recognize Fenroy as #1. Heck, even the Kansas State coach, a BCS coach, said UL was clearly one of the top 10 rushing teams in the country and have been for the past few years. That is because of Fenroy and Desormeaux and an improving offensive line each year. If Fenroy stays on pace, he just might make an All American team this year. He is already over 500 yards in just 4 games. _
    If Fenroy keeps going like this AND gets us into a bowl game, he will go down as the greatest Cajun ever.
    This is tough for me to say because B Mitchell has always been my favorite UL player.

  10. #30
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,592

    Default Re: Nickname For Fenroy

    i USED TO TELL ALL THE PLAYERS ON THE BBALL TEAMS AT vc THAT AFTER XMAS FRESHMEN WEREN'T FRESHMEN

    i GUESS AFTER hALLOWEEN ---all these guys aren't freshmen---maybe it should be after Fall starts!!!!


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •