_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Our Athletics facilities

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Our Athletics facilities

I was wondering at practice this Spring as to what the practice fields would be upon completion on the Phase I part of the plan---Well we will still have the 2 outdoor and the one indoor fields along with the stadium---Just didn't realize that Reinhart Street will be gone and that much of the performance center would be where the street is currently

You think say of another coach coming in and our desire to hire him---Well he certainly would be blown away by what he has to sell to recruits

I guess the Tulane, McNeese, and Tech posts about our outdoor trailers are about to be a thing of the past

Now that was tough to sell against!!!

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Our Athletics facilities

I don't think Reinhart will be gone, but the loop in it will be. I think the APC will only affect one of the two outdoor practice fields.

Blog Entries

One of the 2 outdoor practice fields becomes a half field (field on north end/reinhart).

Boomer...our plan blows right by anything Tech & Tulane have in the works. Example: We have 36 suites going in between the goal lines. Tech spending their money to put suites behind the end zone. About as dumb as dumb gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    One of the 2 outdoor practice fields becomes a half field (field on north end/reinhart).

Boomer...our plan blows right by anything Tech & Tulane have in the works. Example: We have 36 suites going in between the goal lines. Tech spending their money to put suites behind the end zone. About as dumb as dumb gets.
    You know, I just had that same thought this morning when I researched their renovation plans. Just makes you want to say WTF???

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I was wondering at practice this Spring as to what the practice fields would be upon completion on the Phase I part of the plan---Well we will still have the 2 outdoor and the one indoor fields along with the stadium---Just didn't realize that Reinhart Street will be gone and that much of the performance center would be where the street is currently

You think say of another coach coming in and our desire to hire him---Well he certainly would be blown away by what he has to sell to recruits

I guess the Tulane, McNeese, and Tech posts about our outdoor trailers are about to be a thing of the past

Now that was tough to sell against!!!

?
    Yeah, seeing how we out recruited the **** out of all 3, I cansee how it hasbeena hinderance. Come on man..... especially McNeese? Since HUD has been here we havent even recruited the same kids

---Oh I know that our plans far surpass anything that the others have going

but the practice field deal was told to me at practice by a staff member when I asked this specifically

Now I can't hear too well but that is what I thought he said in that we would lose no practice area---The point I was making on the trailers is that ALL schools used this against us with obvious success and failure by different schools but understand all that haven't sold or recruited --when a kid hears stuff from multiple sources it starts to resonate

-been there and done that both ways!!!

Dude, Tulane is building a MASSIVE 25k addition to their.......ok I'm being told that the entire stadium is 25k....well at least that bigger than all the FCS schools in the state....except Southern

but the practice field deal was told to me at practice by a staff member when I asked this specifically

Now I can't hear too well but that is what I thought he said in that we would lose no practice area---The point I was making on the trailers is that ALL schools used this against us with obvious success and failure by different schools but understand all that haven't sold or recruited --when a kid hears stuff from multiple sources it starts to resonate

Speaking of progress, Lafayette is looking at a major improvement to the airport. I understand the proposal is for a 1 cent sales tax for 8 months to raise 1/3 of the money, then bond the remainder. This could be a big piece of the puzzle to get in a better conference. Exciting times!!!

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

How much is Tech spending and HAVE they STARTED yet? How many suites will be built in their endzone? Tulane has spent on their facilities over $100 Million, football I believe is the last of it!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Our Athletics facilities

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Speaking of progress, Lafayette is looking at a major improvement to the airport. I understand the proposal is for a 1 cent sales tax for 8 months to raise 1/3 of the money, then bond the remainder. This could be a big piece of the puzzle to get in a better conference. Exciting times!!!
    Awesome, I am taxed out but if it is for 8 months, I will vote for it, (just won't buy anything for 8 Months)just joshing on not buying, will vote for it though. And your right it will be a long lasting economic shot in the arm for Acadiana and UL! Can you say first American Conference, and then within 5 years Big 12?

Now Louisiana, will kick some arse and continue the seperation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Awesome, I am taxed out but if it is for 8 months, I will vote for it, (just won't buy anything for 8 Months)just joshing on not buying, will vote for it though. And your right it will be a long lasting economic shot in the arm for Acadiana and UL! Can you say first American Conference, and then within 5 years Big 12?
    I think the total spend will be about 90 million , if I heard right. This will put the Lafayette Airport on par with the best and probably expand the number of airlines and destinations direct from Lafayette. Next to this years baseball team, this could be one of the biggest milestones in Lafayette's history.

I agree about being taxed out and don't usually consider voting for any NEW taxes. However, from what I have read about this proposed tax it would only last 8 months with no possibility of an extension. If that is true, I will also support it for the good of the entire region!

---Will anybody vote against the airport tax---I certainly hope not---After it is done do a 1 year UL tax to get to a Tier I university---I think we could at least try it!!!

--The more one thinks about a UL/Laf JUCO tax the better it sounds ---WHAT IF---we could have the best JUCO to college situation around---W If we got to Tier I and maybe a quasi Med school ---W If we got enrollment past 20K---Got into the Big 12 with visits from UT, OKL, OK ST, Kansas, etc---and to think that all of this is very doable for just a strong local commitment---I saw the K St deal first hand!!!

I'm all for it as I believe it needs to be improved and it certainly won't hurt IMO. Maybe we can do something about this thruway one day.. A fella can dream about it anyway.

I think the total spend will be about 90 million , if I heard right. This will put the Lafayette Airport on par with the best and probably expand the number of airlines and destinations direct from Lafayette. Next to this years baseball team, this could be one of the biggest milestones in Lafayette's history.
    I think you are spot on here ... this can only help Lafayette, UL and UL Athletics ... but it has to be passed and too many people just vote no to new taxes.

It is estimated to raise 35 Million for the project.

Ok, so maybe a updated Airport is needed but no one in this parish is willing to do a 1 percent tax to upgrade the high school and sports facilities. This needs to be a priority. Lafayette High and Acadiana Football stadiums sux.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Blog Entries

Need to take the TX route on public fundraising. Need to leverage property tax increase vs sales tax.......you get ____ed once a year vs every day.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Ok, so maybe a updated Airport is needed but no one in this parish is willing to do a 1 percent tax to upgrade the high school and sports facilities. This needs to be a priority. Lafayette High and Acadiana Football stadiums sux.

GEAUX CAJUNS

In my opinion, improving the airport is a catalyst for improvements in many other areas. Getting this done will increase the number of people coming into Lafayette, which will increase tax dollars that can be used for many other needed areas.

Need to take the TX route on public fundraising. Need to leverage property tax increase vs sales tax.......you get ____ed once a year vs every day.
    Not to mention we can see our taxdollars at work here in Texas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast