_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: WTF?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,201

    Default WTF?

    I was channel surfing last night and came across UL's very own Gerald Hebert and the football teams strength and conditioning coach being interviewed on cable 4 (Louisiana Channel) if I recall. Not too bad of an interview, Gerald mentioned the expansion of the football stadium from 31k to 46k, addition of many press boxes, and new softball and baseball fields. At the end, the invterviewer gave them each some t-shirts from the tv station and get this, gave them each an LSU hat. WHAT?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    2,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    I was channel surfing last night and came across UL's very own Gerald Hebert and the football teams strength and conditioning coach being interviewed on cable 4 (Louisiana Channel) if I recall. Not too bad of an interview, Gerald mentioned the expansion of the football stadium from 31k to 46k, addition of many press boxes, and new softball and baseball fields. At the end, the invterviewer gave them each some t-shirts from the tv station and get this, gave them each an LSU hat. WHAT?
    Less focus on the dumb interviewer, more focus on new facilities!



    igeaux.mobi

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    4,223

    Default Re: WHAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ I was channel surfing last night and came across UL's very own Gerald Hebert and the football teams strength and conditioning coach being interviewed on cable 4 (Louisiana Channel) if I recall. Not too bad of an interview, Gerald mentioned the expansion of the football stadium from 31k to 46k, addition of many press boxes, and new softball and baseball fields. At the end, the invterviewer gave them each some t-shirts from the tv station and get this, gave them each an LSU hat. WHAT? _
    This is all so confusing, did you dream this last night?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,201

    Default Re: WHAT?

    No No my friend, they were talking about the Kent St. game so it must have been recorded monday or Tuesday, I think I heard the station was in NOLA. Regardless, Gerald did say, and I quote (roughly) "After renovations of Cajun Field, it will have all the amenities of a new stadium". He said "within the next 5 years UL will see a radical growth" in so many words.

    In reference to the new baseball field and softball fields, that can be taken many different ways. Will they be replacing the actual grass or does that mean an entire new stadium? I don't know, I guess we will have to wait.

    I also recieved in an email, a rendering of Cajun Field (post renovation) and I must say it looks really good.


    I still can't believe they gave them BR gear. haha


  5. #5
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,776

    Default Re: WHAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ No No my friend, they were talking about the Kent St. game so it must have been recorded monday or Tuesday, I think I heard the station was in NOLA. Regardless, Gerald did say, and I quote (roughly) "After renovations of Cajun Field, it will have all the amenities of a new stadium". He said "within the next 5 years UL will see a radical growth" in so many words.

    In reference to the new baseball field and softball fields, that can be taken many different ways. Will they be replacing the actual grass or does that mean an entire new stadium? I don't know, I guess we will have to wait.

    I also recieved in an email, a rendering of Cajun Field (post renovation) and I must say it looks really good.


    I still can't believe they gave them BR gear. haha _

    phones ringin dude!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,201

    Default Re: WHAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ phones ringin dude! _
    never gets old! haha

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,248

    Default Re: WHAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    No No my friend, they were talking about the Kent St. game so it must have been recorded monday or Tuesday, I think I heard the station was in NOLA. Regardless, Gerald did say, and I quote (roughly) "After renovations of Cajun Field, it will have all the amenities of a new stadium". He said "within the next 5 years UL will see a radical growth" in so many words.

    In reference to the new baseball field and softball fields, that can be taken many different ways. Will they be replacing the actual grass or does that mean an entire new stadium? I don't know, I guess we will have to wait.

    I also recieved in an email, a rendering of Cajun Field (post renovation) and I must say it looks really good.


    I still can't believe they gave them BR gear. haha
    Post pics or I'll mark it 0.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,158
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: WHAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    _ Post pics or I'll mark it 0. _
    I tried to post them but can't seem to get the demensions right.....they are pretty sweet pictures though!!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    4,223

    Default Re: WHAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    I also recieved in an email, a rendering of Cajun Field (post renovation) and I must say it looks really good.
    please post

  10. #10
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,432

    Default Re: WHAT?

    Who sent the e-mail to y'all???? Was it the athletic dept., athletic network, turbine????????

    PLEASE POST and why a NOLA station?????


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Crowley
    Posts
    1,224

    Default Re: WHAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Who sent the e-mail to y'all???? Was it the athletic dept., athletic network, turbine????????

    PLEASE POST and why a NOLA station????? _

    I think its Cox channel 4

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    2,085

    Default

    I didn't see the show, but it was probably the d-bag from Louisiana football magazine. He always hands out lsu hats to his tv guests.


    Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    I was channel surfing last night and came across UL's very own Gerald Hebert and the football teams strength and conditioning coach being interviewed on cable 4 (Louisiana Channel) if I recall. Not too bad of an interview, Gerald mentioned the expansion of the football stadium from 31k to 46k, addition of many press boxes, and new softball and baseball fields. At the end, the invterviewer gave them each some t-shirts from the tv station and get this, gave them each an LSU hat. WHAT?
    igeaux.mobi

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Broussard, LA
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: WHAT?

    Could someone post the pics?

    Seriously.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,201

    Default Re: WHAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    _ I didn't see the show, but it was probably the d-bag from Louisiana football magazine. He always hands out lsu hats to his tv guests.




    igeaux.mobi _
    Thats what it was! Louisiana Football Magazine, and yes the guy was a huge D-bag.

    One thing I did not know was how fast J. Chery is. The strength and Cond. coach said he is the most athletic player on the team and that without stretching he can run a mid 4.3 40! I'm not real big on numbers but that's pretty damn fast.

    I'm reluctant to post rendering pics because i'm not sure if they are meant to be public, I was surprised that I got them. I also would hate to ruin any big announcement down the road.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    4,223

    Default Re: WHAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ Thats what it was! Louisiana Football Magazine, and yes the guy was a huge D-bag.

    One thing I did not know was how fast J. Chery is. The strength and Cond. coach said he is the most athletic player on the team and that without stretching he can run a mid 4.3 40! I'm not real big on numbers but that's pretty damn fast.

    I'm reluctant to post rendering pics because i'm not sure if they are meant to be public, I was surprised that I got them. I also would hate to ruin any big announcement down the road. _
    pm for u

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,158
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: WHAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ Thats what it was! Louisiana Football Magazine, and yes the guy was a huge D-bag.

    One thing I did not know was how fast J. Chery is. The strength and Cond. coach said he is the most athletic player on the team and that without stretching he can run a mid 4.3 40! I'm not real big on numbers but that's pretty damn fast.

    I'm reluctant to post rendering pics because i'm not sure if they are meant to be public, I was surprised that I got them. I also would hate to ruin any big announcement down the road. _
    Good point but that will pi$s some people off!!!!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,419

    Default Re: WHAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _I'm reluctant to post rendering pics because i'm not sure if they are meant to be public, I was surprised that I got them. I also would hate to ruin any big announcement down the road. _

    OVER THE LINE!!!!!! mark it zero, smokey.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    327

    Default Re: WHAT?

    October is going to be SWEET for UL


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •