Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Rage Cage

Blog Entries

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Vote the Rage Cage!

Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    _ Honestly, i don't think any of the names sound all that great. Besides names should be earned not voted on. JMO _
    Your right......I think the students should try to consistently go to the games before the section gets a name!

Default Re: Vote the Rage Cage!

I like Rage Cage...but from my observations of the student section I'd
    be inclined to go with:The Bastion of Big Beers
    I don't think I've ever seen a small brew in the student section.

Default Re: Vote the Rage Cage!

nah, go vote for "cajun crazies". At least it has "cajun" in the name.. plus...(shameless self promo) I submitted it

Blog Entries

Default "The Rage Cage"

Just wanted to thank all 25 students for showing up at the basketball game last night. I'm so happy that we are naming the section for them. Not gonna be much "Rage" in the "Rage Cage" if the students don't go!!!!

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Name the Student Section for Basketball?

They are all sitting down in my section.

Unimpressive last night.

Default Re: Name the Student Section for Basketball?

IT WAS AN EXHIBITION GAME!!!!

You beat me to it.

Guys, for F sake, it was the first exhibition game of the season, next exhibition will have more attendence and then opening game will have even more. This is a fact of life and is same season after season after season, why are you shocked now.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, etc, etc, etc.

yea...no offense. but, things are pretty hectic at this point in our semester.
    i had to work last night for the first time in 5 days. god forbid i have to make money to pay for myself. not to mention that i have 3 final projects to do and study for tests?! and this game doesnt count for ____. give us a break. we have 1 month of school left...wait till things matter, we will be there.
    until then...just cheer for the team and be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ Just wanted to thank all 25 students for showing up at the basketball game last night. I'm so happy that we are naming the section for them. Not gonna be much "Rage" in the "Rage Cage" if the students don't go!!!! _

Well I was there, in the student section... so from my view point.. I'd like to thank all 100 season ticket holders for showing up and "filling up" the other side of the dome.... CHILL OUT... it was the first game.. and not even a real game at that... students will be there, it's not us you have to worry about. How about trying to get more fans in general in the seats?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunshat View Post
    _ yea...no offense. but, things are pretty hectic at this point in our semester.
    i had to work last night for the first time in 5 days. god forbid i have to make money to pay for myself. not to mention that i have 3 final projects to do and study for tests?! and this game doesnt count for ____. give us a break. we have 1 month of school left...wait till things matter, we will be there.
    until then...just cheer for the team and be proud. _
    Don't forget having to pick up extra hours to cover the cost of a tailgating spot!

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ Don't forget having to pick up extra hours to cover the cost of a tailgating spot! _
    zing!!

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Group hug...

_ Just wanted to thank all 25 students for showing up at the basketball game last night. I'm so happy that we are naming the section for them. Not gonna be much "Rage" in the "Rage Cage" if the students don't go!!!! _
    The crew of students on the baseline was in mid season form.
    Looked like the number of students in the other sections doubled after halftime. At least that's what it looked like after making my way back from the beer stand.
    On that subject, why don't they call the $5.75 beer a regular and the $7.75
    beer a large. What's up with this large and jumbo crap? It's like Ninfa's having medium and large orders of quesadillas but no small order. How can you have a medium and large without a small ?
    Ever watch 60 minutes....love that Andy Rooney guy.

this week is what I like to call 'test week'. you know how all of your classes seem to have tests that fall close together? well that is what is happening this week and early next week. i don't blame anyone for not going, this is just a possible explanation why. i know i'm more concerned with studying than i am an exhibition game against millsaps.

Default Re: "The Rage Cage"

Cut them some slack. Student section came out in full force for the FIU game. Plus, during the semester many college students aren't going to go to a mid week game. Semester's winding down and many are focusing on their grades. Plus, it was an exhibition game- against milsaps college. Wait for the home opener. It still won't be that great of a turnout. The student body is so pumped up about the football team that aren't even aware that basketball is starting. I'm not going to complain about that. But once FB is over, and conference play is in full swing - I expect them to be rocking that section. If they aren't then I'll be right with you criticizing them.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hey guys everybody is missing the point---UL is a football school!!!!! Ah well ah well--we do have a winning record--more than many of the other schools in Louisiana schools have and our power ratings put us ahead of all but the LSUers!!!!

UL Basketball Re: "The Rage Cage"

Reddot -

Do you remember missing a basketball game due to studying for a test? - I didn't think so.

Do you remember having to park in and walk through mud to get to Blackham -- and brave 10 inches of snow, ice storms, 15 inches of rain, lightning, hail, etc.

"Have to study for a test" = lame excuse

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300 View Post
    _ Reddot -

Do you remember missing a basketball game due to studying for a test? - I didn't think so.

Do you remember having to park in and walk through mud to get to Blackham -- and brave 10 inches of snow, ice storms, 15 inches of rain, lightning, hail, etc.

"Have to study for a test" = lame excuse _
    Plus he had to walk all the way in from Upper Lafayette. That was long haul 30 years ago.

Z

UL Basketball Re: "The Rage Cage"

Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300 View Post
    _ Reddot -

"Have to study for a test" = lame excuse _
    thanks for undermining my study habits and my need for an education...im actually so busy with school it is ridiculous. I have 19 hours of class, i have an internship that i have to work 10 hours per week, i have 4 final projects that are due all at the same time, all of which require outside research (not just sitting at a computer looking up stuff on the internet), i graduate in 6 weeks and im trying to get into another college for january, i also have a job that i work for money because my internship is volunteer hours for school, and if i dont work between 20 and 25 hours per week i cant afford to pay bills...like rent, LUS, cable, credit card = gas card, and food. for god sakes, this game meant nothing. im not going to request off of work for an exhibition game against MILSAPS...are you retarded?
    so, for you to say....you never missed an EXHIBITION GAME AGAINST A NOBODY! i find that hard to believe...not to mention i also had 2 tests this week. so, unless you know how to find more time in the day for me to accomplish all of this and then go to a game i knew we would win by a good margin, then be my guest and let me know what to do.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by cajunshat View Post
    _ thanks for undermining my study habits and my need for an education...im actually so busy with school it is ridiculous. I have 19 hours of class, i have an internship that i have to work 10 hours per week, i have 4 final projects that are due all at the same time, all of which require outside research (not just sitting at a computer looking up stuff on the internet), i graduate in 6 weeks and im trying to get into another college for january, i also have a job that i work for money because my internship is volunteer hours for school, and if i dont work between 20 and 25 hours per week i cant afford to pay bills...like rent, LUS, cable, credit card = gas card, and food. for god sakes, this game meant nothing. im not going to request off of work for an exhibition game against MILSAPS...are you retarded?
    so, for you to say....you never missed an EXHIBITION GAME AGAINST A NOBODY! i find that hard to believe...not to mention i also had 2 tests this week. so, unless you know how to find more time in the day for me to accomplish all of this and then go to a game i knew we would win by a good margin, then be my guest and let me know what to do.

Thank you _
    Hey 'shat, with a schedule like that, whatcha doing wasting your time on these boards? Just messin' wit cha!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast