Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: UL's Logo Crisis

Blog Entries

Default Re: UL's Logo Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH LOUISIANA

-Lets us keep the letters USL, and it fits with similar schools in the region: North Texas, South Alabama, East Carolina, South Florida...etc. _
    I couldn't agree more.....

I've got a t-shirt with an all red and white version of both the pepper and the circle logo. Looks pretty sn___y. Really shows you how with multiple colors really screws things up

igeaux.mobi

Yeah I really wish they would take the yellow and orange out of any logo we use. It just doesn't look good.

igeaux.mobi

I would like information on were to get really nice UL shirts.

I have some under armor shirts I bought at academy and a really nice shirt I can no longer find.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ I would like information on were to get really nice UL shirts.

I have some under armor shirts I bought at academy and a really nice shirt I can no longer find. _
    I like Bell's shirts. I've gotten some really great UL shirts at Bell's. I've got a long sleeve pull-over wind shirt that rocks. I hate thinking about a super UL shirt I bought at Bell's a couple of years ago. The material was basically microfiber - wash, hang up and wear... but the collar was a little off and I stuck an iron to it... burned and ruined it. I've replaced it with another pretty good one from Bell's, but I've never seen that shirt again. Bums me out... I looked like a stud in that shirt... I mean... I was a stud in that shirt... I mean... I am a stud and that shirt made me look even more like a stud. Damn I miss that shirt.

Yeah if you're looking for Polos or hot weather fabric shirts Bell's is the best and the bookstore is a very close second. Both have the russel, nike, adidas, and under armour shirts. I can't wait for the bookstore to open so I can go buy my Tailgate shirt.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ Yeah if you're looking for Polos or hot weather fabric shirts Bell's is the best and the bookstore is a very close second. Both have the russel, nike, adidas, and under armour shirts. I can't wait for the bookstore to open so I can go buy my Tailgate shirt. _
    It's open every day. Go make a passe'.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ It's open every day. Go make a passe'. _
    I thought they were only open during school.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ I thought they were only open during school. _
    Nope. I heard their ad last week on 1420AM encouraging people to get there before school starts. Great selection of UL merch. I'm going to make a pass this week.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Yeah I really wish they would take the yellow and orange out of any logo we use........

igeaux.mobi
    ....and the black and the gray, etc. etc.

_ ....and the black and the gray, etc. etc. _
    Yep, no need for any other colors beside Vermilion and White.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL's Logo Crisis

how bout this idea.....you know how La Tech, ULM , and the high school in Baton Rouge has the state flag on the back of their helmets. What about the Acadiana Flag on the back of the Cajuns helmets?.....

Quote Originally Posted by champgolfpro View Post
    _ how bout this idea.....you know how La Tech, ULM , and the high school in Baton Rouge has the state flag on the back of their helmets. What about the Acadiana Flag on the back of the Cajuns helmets?..... _
    Great idea, just like many on this board. The problem is, it makes too much sense. The morons at Martin Hall (Julie Dronet are you listening) don't get it and could care less.

Quote Originally Posted by champgolfpro View Post
    _ how bout this idea.....you know how La Tech, ULM , and the high school in Baton Rouge has the state flag on the back of their helmets. What about the Acadiana Flag on the back of the Cajuns helmets?..... _
    Personally, I think we should put the Louisiana flag.

We have the largest Louisiana flag displayed at our football games, and we ARE Louisiana...

Blog Entries

I also think the Acadiana flag should be sported more at our games. It's something that represents our area and should be brought back to represent the school. I know I am in the minority on this one but I like the helmet with the flag on it. Also I think when the team ran out with the American flag this past game we should have also been carrying the Acadiana flag.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ I also think the Acadiana flag should be sported more at our games. It's something that represents our area and should be brought back to represent the school. I know I am in the minority on this one but I like the helmet with the flag on it. Also I think when the team ran out with the American flag this past game we should have also been carrying the Acadiana flag. _

I'll bet the UL band would support you on that as they like to call themselves the Pride of Acadiana. As the University of Louisiana, I never understood why they aren't the Pride of Louisiana. If we had become Acadiana University, the flag might make more sense to me. I understand the connection and relevance of Acadiana, but, IMO, things are too confused now with our name and identity. We should be more representative of the state than of a region within the state. I'm curious to read other opinions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I'll bet the UL band would support you on that as they like to call themselves the Pride of Acadiana. As the University of Louisiana, I never understood why they aren't the Pride of Louisiana. If we had become Acadiana University, the flag might make more sense to me. I understand the connection and relevance of Acadiana, but, IMO, things are too confused now with our name and identity. We should be more representative of the state than of a region within the state. I'm curious to read other opinions. _
    That flag represents the history of our area. It was created by someone at UL a long time ago and at one point was on our helmet. Our Jersey's say Louisiana and if we were ever on TV, no one would even notice the team running out with a flag. It's more for the crowd in attendance who, I would hope, know that we are from Louisiana.

On a side note, I asked Scott Farmer about the flags the other day and he informed me that there was actually a USA flag and a Louisiana Flag for the players to run out with. For some reason the players did not grab the Louisiana flag as instructed. I have a feeling that the Louisiana flag will be there during the next game. I suggested to him that they run out with just the Louisiana flag and the Acadiana flag.

I will always believe that the best thing we could have done was to go with.....

UNIVERSITY OF ACADIANA

-It is original and safe from the abbreviation wars
    This name would make the most sense, and sounds much better, IMO.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6