_ _ _ _

Thread: Football schedule for 2014:

Blog Entries

Default Football schedule for 2014:

Ok. I don't want to rain on the tremendous success of the baseball & softball teams this season. But I wrote a thread very critical of the Athletic administration last season for the most miserable football schedule in the history of college football. Well I am now compelled to come correct. It seems as though our AD is starting to knock them out of the park. We now have the football stadium construction going & it appears to be in high gear & "should be ready" for opening day which has been attested to by our resident engineer Helmut. And as bad as last season's schedule was, this season's looks to be just as impressive.

I am extremely excited about renewing our season tickets. The team has certainly earned the backing of the community at the highest level which we can step forward to support them. And now we have a football schedule to match this team's success. I've heard every kind of excuse for why people should hold their noses & pony up good sized cake in the past for less than stellar & exciting competition. I was more displeased with the lack of early season home games & lack of home games period as I was with the visiting competition. This season, the visiting competition will not only cause a great deal of excitement for the program early, but the balance & having at least as many home games as road games is extremely important for growing the following by the fan base.

I'm hoping the construction crews will get the stadium upgrades finished by the first game because there is no doubt in my mind that these first two games will have record numbers of attendance by far. The callender year 2014 will go down as the most important in the history of the University of Louisiana.

Default Re: Football schedule for 2014:

Yep. Well said.

I am really looking forward to the season. A lot of exciting games to look forward to. I just hope we have construction finished by Southern game. Still bummed about the Texas State game being on a Tuesday..really wanted to go to that one.

Keep in mind BWK that these schedules are made a few years in advance. Sure changes are made along the way but for the most part my understanding is they are pretty set a few years out (save for conference schedule). So both last year's and this year's schedules were probably pretty well in place before the complaining (and now praising) of either.

That being said, I also thought last year's schedule was awful and I also think this year's schedule has huge potential. Perhaps it was a trade-off all along? Who knows...

2014: The year of VERMILION RED

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    Keep in mind BWK that these schedules are made a few years in advance. Sure changes are made along the way but for the most part my understanding is they are pretty set a few years out (save for conference schedule). So both last year's and this year's schedules were probably pretty well in place before the complaining (and now praising) of either.

That being said, I also thought last year's schedule was awful and I also think this year's schedule has huge potential. Perhaps it was a trade-off all along? Who knows...

2014: The year of VERMILION RED
    I understand. But if you heard me whale & gnash teeth last year with good reason. It's only right for me to come straight.

I thought last year's schedule had one thing going for it.. T
    hat is, there was more down time between games which I thought helped keep the team healthy. JMO.

I like this schedule. BWK, if I recall correctly, and hoping I have the right person in mind, but you have been pretty good at picking our wins and losses in recent years. Im almost certain you called the Florida game as a win which I think you were the only one that thought we had a chance and we should have damn well won as you projected. I'm curious to know what you project out of us this upcoming season?