Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Bill Ferguson

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,870

    Default Bill Ferguson

    Interview with the Head of UL's program in Insurance & Risk Management.


  2. #2
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,602

    Default Re: Bill Ferguson

    Hey Fun ---Didn't State Farm endow a chair for Earl Flatt???? I know that they put up some bucks when the program started--Could you check????


  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,870

    Default Re: Bill Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Hey Fun ---Didn't State Farm endow a chair for Earl Flatt???? I know that they put up some bucks when the program started--Could you check????
    UL has 19 $1M chairs (it seems to me that one of them is $2M... ), and beaucoups $100K professorships... I don't see the name Flatt. Chairs & Professorships

    I do know that Bill said he has a lot of scholarship money to work with.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,870

    Default Re: Bill Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    UL has 19 $1M chairs (it seems to me that one of them is $2M... ), and beaucoups $100K professorships... I don't see the name Flatt. Chairs & Professorships

    I do know that Bill said he has a lot of scholarship money to work with.
    PS I noticed the Tommy Comeaux Chair isn't listed yet... so I'm assuming until the paperwork is finished and/or the State gives us the match, that it isn't counted yet. So there may be more chairs that aren't announced.

  5. #5
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,602

    Default Re: Bill Ferguson

    Fun--I doubt the 1 mil but think that the 100k is the one that is Earl's---thanks---when can you answer my tuition question ---UL compared to UNO and Tech---thanks!!!!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,870

    Default Re: Bill Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Fun--I doubt the 1 mil but think that the 100k is the one that is Earl's---thanks---when can you answer my tuition question ---UL compared to UNO and Tech---thanks!!!!
    Didn't see any question... don't know the tuitions this Fall.

    2008 USN&WR:
    UL . . . $3,390/$9,570
    LTU . . $4,353/$9,794
    UNO. . $3,810/$10,854

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    3,902

    Default Re: Bill Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Didn't see any question... don't know the tuitions this Fall.

    2008 USN&WR:
    UL . . . $3,390/$9,570
    LTU . . $4,353/$9,794
    UNO. . $3,810/$10,854
    CF, what do the pair of numbers mean? And why is UNO's second number the highest, while Tech's first number is? Just curious...

  8. #8
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,602

    Default Re: Bill Ferguson

    Sorry Fun--in another post--per DA--'08-'09

    -Tech-4761---UL-3633

    If we would be at that level it would be an extra 18 mil or so a year!!!!! Ken Ardoin has pointed this out but how did it happen?????--UNO is slightly below Tech's amount!!!!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,870

    Default Re: Bill Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    CF, what do the pair of numbers mean? And why is UNO's second number the highest, while Tech's first number is? Just curious...
    2nd number is out-of-state tuition.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,870

    Default Re: Bill Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Sorry Fun--in another post--per DA--'08-'09

    -Tech-4761---UL-3633

    If we would be at that level it would be an extra 18 mil or so a year!!!!! Ken Ardoin has pointed this out but how did it happen?????--UNO is slightly below Tech's amount!!!!

    We need to bring our tuitions up... but not to Tech's level.

    We forget that our "state" universities are actually "state-assisted." Student tuitions now provide more funding than state coffers do.

    Every time we raise tuition, it turns some kids away. I know, bright and/or hard-working kids have all kinds of funding they can get.

    But we all know of phenomenally successful business and political leaders-- heck, even successful university researchers-- who were mediocre college students.

    People see some kids blowing money, driving expensive cars, wearing top-of-the-line clothes, and assume they ALL have money. They don't. Think about how broke most of us were when we were at UL.

    Most of the kids today are just like we were.

    And besides turning kids away, it has another, more subtle negative effect: it means more kids have to work, and they have to work more hours. That means less time being involved on campus, which means an impoverished campus life.

    And it also means less leisure time, sitting around b.s.'ing with other people. That's an important aspect of the University experience, too.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    3,902

    Default Re: Bill Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    2nd number is out-of-state tuition.
    Thanks! I think our tuition should be around the UNO level. I say that as a parent with one UL grad and another who is an incoming freshman.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    60 miles W of Tiger Stadium, 1500 miles SW of Gampel Pavilion
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: Bill Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _

    2008 USN&WR:
    UL . . . $3,390/$9,570
    LTU . . $4,353/$9,794
    UNO. . $3,810/$10,854 _
    That's crazy! My first year tuition at UConn was higher than LTU's...In 1995!

  13. #13
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,602

    Default Re: Bill Ferguson

    Hey are you the UCONN MAN that I wrote the song for on Bop's show

    Ucon man now that's a sports fan--Ucon man he'll take a stand--doesn't matter the topic of the day Ucon man gonna have his say---etc...???????


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •