_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TODAY

Default TODAY

Wednesday is the day for savoie right?

is there not a timer here somewhere?

Default Re: 6 days and counting

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Wednesday is the day for savoie right?

is there not a timer here somewhere? _
    I keep asking, but so far... no.

It's not like July 1 is significant or anything.

/'cept for Canadians, with Canada Day and all.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ 'cept for Canadians, with Canada Day and all. _

and it will soon be significant to Cajuns as the day it all turned around.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun2010 View Post
    _ and it will soon be significant to Cajuns as the day it all turned around. _

Amen, brother!!

this is only speculation, I have no facts to base this on nor anything I have heard. But it seems, T joe being brought in as new prez, new turf going up at cajun field, could T joe's inauguration be the unveiling of the RCAF or something to that effect? Why not strike while the iron is hot? Alot of companies railed against Papa Ray, now with him out of the picture, does T joe say Im all about athletics and does the train start rolling? My friends, this might be a very exciting time to be a Cajun.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 6 days and counting

The timing I do not know, but yes the RCAF will be coming soon as well as a decision on Baseball and Softball remodels or building from scratch. Other projects are in the works such as the huge 2-story bricked sign at the corner of Bertrand and W Congress that is on hold due to verbage problems with Cox.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ The timing I do not know, but yes the RCAF will be coming soon as well as a decision on Baseball and Softball remodels or building from scratch. Other projects are in the works such as the huge 2-story bricked sign at the corner of Bertrand and W Congress that is on hold due to verbage problems with Cox. _
    Yes we will have a new president in a little more than a week. Yes, he is expected to put a greater emphasis on athletic progress. However, that is only part of his job. I caution people not to expect miracles to occur as the man is not Jesus Christ. Also, the change will not have any impact on the performance of the 2009 football team. Yes, long term having improved facilities should allow us to recruit a higher caliber athlete which will result in improved performance on the fields and courts.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ Yes we will have a new president in a little more than a week. Yes, he is expected to put a greater emphasis on athletic progress. However, that is only part of his job. I caution people not to expect miracles to occur as the man is not Jesus Christ. Also, the change will not have any impact on the performance of the 2009 football team. Yes, long term having improved facilities should allow us to recruit a higher caliber athlete which will result in improved performance on the fields and courts. _
    And I think we need to take a deep breath and calm down. I have been waiting as much as anyone for the change to finally take place but I don't think we should be raising hell if there are no major announcements at the crack of dawn on July 1st. With the July 4th holidays and giving him a least some time to get settled in, I would expect that it might be the middle of July before we hear anything.

The timing I do not know, but yes the RCAF will be coming soon as well as a decision on Baseball and Softball remodels or building from scratch. Other projects are in the works such as the huge 2-story bricked sign at the corner of Bertrand and W Congress that is on hold due to verbage problems with Cox.
    please give up on this damn sign we have been hearing this crap for 2 years

I'm just excited because of the progress so far. I was in cajun field last year. I saw how bad it was. Lets hope that in the least the new turf will help recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    I'm just excited because of the progress so far. I was in cajun field last year. I saw how bad it was.
    You shoulda been there the night we lost to North Alabama.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Specially installed Cajun turf guaranteed to take .3 seconds off you 40 yard dash times.

Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 6 days and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ And I think we need to take a deep breath and calm down. I have been waiting as much as anyone for the change to finally take place but I don't think we should be raising hell if there are no major announcements at the crack of dawn on July 1st. With the July 4th holidays and giving him a least some time to get settled in, I would expect that it might be the middle of July before we hear anything. _
    absolutely. this is still louisiana, the state. don't expect roaring changes to suddenly appear out of nowhere at once. do i have to remind anyone about all of the outside forces at work against us in this state? we have very few friends in places of import and consequence. we all know that certain groups will expect us to "remember our place" in the hierarchy of universities in this state. change will come. i fervently believe that. but it will be slow, and to our way of thinking, probably in starts and spurts-slow starts and little spurts. we must remain ever vigilant, yet ever patient.

14. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Savoie presidency set to begin Wednesday

The next chapter in UL's history finally has an official beginning.

Joe Savoie, the newly appointed president of UL, will begin his tenure on Wednesday, giving the university its first new leader in more than 34 years.

Outgoing President Ray Authement, whose last day on campus is Monday, leaves the position as the nation's longest serving public university president.

"I'm very excited about it," Savoie said of his new position. "So far, I've encountered a lot of enthusiasm, and I'm eager to get down to business."

The rest of the story

Cody Daigle cdaigle@theadvertiser.com June 27, 2008

Default Re: Savoie presidency set to begin Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _

Joe is quoted here on La'State muscling it's construction project to the top of the priority list.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/21904324.html

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    I've got a bottle of campagne chilling just waiting to pop the cork on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I've got a bottle of campagne chilling just waiting to pop the cork on Tuesday.
    Perhaps we all need to get together under the Eauxk and cook a meal and invite Doc Savoie.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Savoie presidency set to begin Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    _ Perhaps we all need to get together under the Eauxk and cook a meal and invite Doc Savoie. _
    Thats what I am talking about, a little Grilling and Chilling and Doc Savoie ear filling!

Blog Entries

_ a little Grilling and Chilling and Doc Savoie ear filling! _
    You WAX poetically.

_ Thats what I am talking about, a little Grilling and Chilling and Doc Savoie ear filling! _
    We might want to think carefully about that. According to the wives, when we did the same with Scott Farmer it started out as a loose circle and he ended up surrounded with little breathing room as we filled his ear!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast