Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 81 to 98 of 98

Thread: UL v. LSU

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Breaux Bridge
    Posts
    3,901

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ It was said that the game was a sell out. In fact wasn't there some sort of controversy about State not coming through with tickets that had been paid for by a group of Cajun fans. The explanation being that no tickets were available. Yet, I saw lots of empty seats, and very little red anywhere in the stands.
    _
    I was wondering the same thing. Around 4pm today I heard that only "standing room" tickets were available.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ It was said that the game was a sell out. In fact wasn't there some sort of controversy about State not coming through with tickets that had been paid for by a group of Cajun fans. The explanation being that no tickets were available. Yet, I saw lots of empty seats, and very little red anywhere in the stands.
    _
    The game was a sell out. "Sell out" means that all the tickets were sold, not that everyone who purchased a ticket attended. There are season ticket holders who only make a few games a year and their seats remain empty otherwise.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,897

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Not next year perhaps 2010

    Next year it is 2 games, there and neutral. _
    Where is the neutral game? Zephyr? I agree with the CST guys - this series needs to be HOME and HOME!!! ;-) I couldn't believe it when they said that and I couldn't belive my eyes and ears - UL this and UL that...

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ Solich pitched very well. Unfortunately our defense let him down, as usual. It was a good game. LSU has better athletes top to bottom in their line up, not much better, but better. Their hitters are all agressive and they make contact. Either they are just better hitters or they have a better hitting coach. This game was proof of why we are where we are this year. Decent pitching, no timely hitting and poor defense.

    Let's hope we get into the conference tournament and see what happens from there. I don't think we'll do anything, but you never know.

    Coach Sczef, if you are out there and reading this, "Either recruit better, or spend more time in the batting cages with the hitters." _
    Your at it again I see...

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    _ Solich should have been yanked at the end of the 4th for Glass. Two errors did nothing to help our cause. Once again we struggle with timely hitting. The bright side is Hawkins seems to have broken out of his slump. _
    Wait... Solich should have been yanked while he had a no hitter going? Seriously?

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,745

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918 View Post
    _ Your at it again I see... _
    Is that all you got? The only reason you insult is because you know I'm right.

    I thought it was a well played game for the most part except in those crucial moments where we have not played well all season. And by the way, I WAS RIGHT ABOUT DILLON GUILLORY.

  7. #87
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,368
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    I saw this game a little differently. Attendance-wise... it was well attended. But, I think a significant hit on the locals showing up was I-10 shutting down almost 2 hours before the game between Highland and Siegen. Many in BR would have started the trek around that time, and decided to stay home and watch in on TV. That made a huge difference in filling in those seats you saw empty. It changed my plans.

    With the exception of the blowout inning, the Cajuns played above their year. I thought Solich was outstanding. LSU's plate lefties were stymied. We had one bad inning. Yanking Solich sooner is hindsight... and is nonsense. He was on right up to the point of the flop.

    The biggest fortune buster was not capitalizing in the earlier innings. I was impressed with Cajun batting, the adjustment to jump on the first pitch fast balls, and how solid they were tagging the ball. We just didn't take advantage of that young, determined to throw a strike, pitcher. You can't keep stranding runners all year and hope to do much. Nothing makes me sicker than having 2 and 3 bags, 1 out, and not pushing home at least one.

    I was equally impressed with LSU's pitching following the starter. They mixed up their pitches extremely well and had some pretty nasty control. I felt pretty sure at that point that it would take a mistake on their part to allow us back in the game. That never happened. Buddy managed the latter innings very well and it just turned out as it did.

    Overall, it wasn't a bad Cajun performance. I think we get so wound up wanting to spank LSU that we aren't being reasonable about "how the ball bounces". It was up for grabs and we came up short. LSU may be a young team, but they are starting to catch stride and are going to be a very solid club. I think the Cajuns are a little headcasing this season, and it has taken too long to find the antidote. A natural team leader among the players goes a long way, and I think that has not completely materialized.


  8. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, LA born and raised
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Solich should have been yanked at the end of the 4th for Glass.
    Pull him with a no hitter in tact?????? Do your research before you make absurd comments.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    Is that all you got? The only reason you insult is because you know I'm right.

    I thought it was a well played game for the most part except in those crucial moments where we have not played well all season. And by the way, I WAS RIGHT ABOUT DILLON GUILLORY.
    How were you right about Dillion? That you were cutting down all of our other catchers when he was HURT? When did I say that he was not any good? I cant recall that either... But what got me laughing was your comment about Szefc (check your spelling) about how they just have better hitters or a better hitting coach and than your little "note" to Szefc... We out hit them 10 to 6! yeah... I agree we had not timely hitting but are you really going to put that on Szefc? Why dont you come up with a way to practice clutch hitting in the cages.. and telling him to recruit better... we have had some of our best hitting years in program history with him here... I am sorry if I hurt your feelings for calling you out.. but some of your post just rub me the wrong way.. Especially when you cut people down for no reason or just flat out, the wrong people... One more thing, if Jordan pulls that ball ANY in the 8th you along with everybody else in here would be singing praise to our hitting...

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,745

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918 View Post
    _ How were you right about Dillion? That you were cutting down all of our other catchers when he was HURT? When did I say that he was not any good? I cant recall that either... But what got me laughing was your comment about Szefc (check your spelling) about how they just have better hitters or a better hitting coach and than your little "note" to Szefc... We out hit them 10 to 6! yeah... I agree we had not timely hitting but are you really going to put that on Szefc? Why dont you come up with a way to practice clutch hitting in the cages.. and telling him to recruit better... we have had some of our best hitting years in program history with him here... I am sorry if I hurt your feelings for calling you out.. but some of your post just rub me the wrong way.. Especially when you cut people down for no reason or just flat out, the wrong people... One more thing, if Jordan pulls that ball ANY in the 8th you along with everybody else in here would be singing praise to our hitting... _
    First of all, everybody was bashing me when I said Dillon should be playing. I did not realize he was hurt at the time, but I have said that he should be the catcher and had we played him more from the beginning, we might have a few more wins. Hell, all he has done over the last few games is hit over 300 with a homer and 4 rbi. As far as Szefc is concerned, stats are stats, they don't mean a damn thing if you don't have the wins to go along with them. Yeah we out hit LSU last night, but we also had 12 strike outs. I also think Jordan is an excellent hitter and will be for a long time for this program. And no, if he jacks it in the 8th, I am not praising our hitting because if even if he jacks it, we are still in the 200's as a team. Eventhough we were winnig 3-0 it should have been 6 or 7 to 0, but all we could manage was to push 1 run accross when we had less than 2 outs and runners on.

    And I could give a s^&t less if I rub you the wrong way.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    First of all, everybody was bashing me when I said Dillon should be playing. I did not realize he was hurt at the time, but I have said that he should be the catcher and had we played him more from the beginning, we might have a few more wins. Hell, all he has done over the last few games is hit over 300 with a homer and 4 rbi. As far as Szefc is concerned, stats are stats, they don't mean a damn thing if you don't have the wins to go along with them. Yeah we out hit LSU last night, but we also had 12 strike outs. I also think Jordan is an excellent hitter and will be for a long time for this program. And no, if he jacks it in the 8th, I am not praising our hitting because if even if he jacks it, we are still in the 200's as a team. Eventhough we were winnig 3-0 it should have been 6 or 7 to 0, but all we could manage was to push 1 run accross when we had less than 2 outs and runners on.

    And I could give a s^&t less if I rub you the wrong way.
    If we dont have the wins to go along with the stats? uhh... go look at our past records... you are a moron.. I have had more intellegent debates with a brick wall... You are pointless..

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,745

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918 View Post
    _ If we dont have the wins to go along with the stats? uhh... go look at our past records... you are a moron.. I have had more intellegent debates with a brick wall... You are pointless.. _
    You my friend are a complete idiot.

    02-03 team 30 wins
    03-04 team 34 wins
    05-06 team 39 wins (no regional b/c we lose to teams like Northwester, Nicholls and Southeastern)
    This year, we'll be lucky to get to 30.

    You are a tool.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ You my friend are a complete idiot.

    02-03 team 30 wins
    03-04 team 34 wins
    05-06 team 39 wins (no regional b/c we lose to teams like Northwester, Nicholls and Southeastern)
    This year, we'll be lucky to get to 30.

    You are a tool. _
    Ok this is the last post I respond to you because even responding to you brings down my IQ...

    2002 (year before Szefc) .267
    2003 (first year) .277
    2004 .309 (led Sunbelt)
    2005 .327 (Eighth in the NATION)
    2006 .300
    2007 .310

    2007 signing class being top-ranked in the Lower Midwest Region as well as the Sun Belt by Baseball America.

    2004-05 class was ranked 55th in the nation by Collegiate Baseball and tops in the Sun Belt Conference.


    Go back and say stats are just stats.. but we are talking about the HITTING and stats are what we base hitting on... so you can not argue with the stats...

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,745

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918 View Post
    _ Ok this is the last post I respond to you because even responding to you brings down my IQ...

    2002 (year before Szefc) .267
    2003 (first year) .277
    2004 .309 (led Sunbelt)
    2005 .327 (Eighth in the NATION)
    2006 .300
    2007 .310

    2007 signing class being top-ranked in the Lower Midwest Region as well as the Sun Belt by Baseball America.

    2004-05 class was ranked 55th in the nation by Collegiate Baseball and tops in the Sun Belt Conference.


    Go back and say stats are just stats.. but we are talking about the HITTING and stats are what we base hitting on... so you can not argue with the stats... _
    Still don't correlate to wins. Nice try though.

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ Still don't correlate to wins. Nice try though. _
    haha ok dude... whatever you say... whatever you say...

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,745

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918 View Post
    _ haha ok dude... whatever you say... whatever you say... _
    You can get all the hits you want without driving anyone in and your team average may be over 300, but that team average doesn't win games. Hitting in the clutch does.

    Now go away. You bore me.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, LA born and raised
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918 View Post
    haha ok dude... whatever you say... whatever you say...
    I don't know where to get this information so I can't back it up, but I would guess that since Scefz has taken over, we have left significantly more runners on base. We are great at hitting to on base, but when it comes to situational hitting we have progressively gotten worse.

    Jay, if your out there, could you come up with these numbers or direct me where to go?

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Broussard
    Posts
    592

    Default Re: UL v. LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by jdebaillon View Post

    Jay, if your out there, could you come up with these numbers or direct me where to go? _
    JD,

    One way to get the numbers, but it would take a long time, is to go thru the boxscores of all the games. It shows number of men LOB. Just go thru Scefz years and the last few years of Simoneaux. But like I said it would take forever.

    GEAUX UL!

    I do agree with you, it does seem we leave alot more runners on base the last few years.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •