Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2014 RCAF

Default Re: 2014 RCAF

Football: 5
    Baseball: 2

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I will probably up my season tickets from 4 to 8

Doubling up this year. Glad to hear others are doing the same.

Should look into getting softball season tickets! Teams coming to Louisiana in 2014 to play: Oklahoma (2013 Nat'l Champions), Michigan (2013 World series team), Texas, North Carolina among many others. The girls have a lot of passion for the game and they win. Take a risk to your ego, girls can play this game. Get tickets!

Can someone explain to me how a points system works?

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Can someone explain to me how a points system works?
    This is just me guessing on how it would work.

RCAF giving level - certain # of points for each level
    Seaon tickets in each sport - points dependent on # of season tickets you have in each sport
    Alumni - points
    Giving alumni - points
    Other university contributions - points

Then all contributors would be ranked by the points they have. What good would this be for? Maybe priority for bowl game tickets? I can't think of any other reason to rank people.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    This is just me guessing on how it would work.

RCAF giving level - certain # of points for each level
    Seaon tickets in each sport - points dependent on # of season tickets you have in each sport
    Alumni - points
    Giving alumni - points
    Other university contributions - points

Then all contributors would be ranked by the points they have. What good would this be for? Maybe priority for bowl game tickets? I can't think of any other reason to rank people.
    Tks for the info.

I have questions that I'm not sure any of us know the answer to.
    Are these points earned, and then you use them to buy bowl tix, road tix, etc? Once you have them, you keep that same number for the year?
    Is there a way to lose points?
    Does all UL spending count towards scurrying those points? RCAF, season tix, tailgate spot, alumni membership? What about other UL donations like to a scholarship fund?
    Can multiple donors join together to get more points?

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

All these questions might be why there isn't a point system---but I think the most points that you can accumulate come form giving to T-BOY"S milk fund!!! Watch me catch hell for this now---I am kidding!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    All these questions might be why there isn't a point system---but I think the most points that you can accumulate come form giving to T-BOY"S milk fund!!! Watch me catch hell for this now---I am kidding!!!!
    Just as a quick sample, here's the Tiger Athletic Foundation's points policy, and it answers pretty much every one of your questions. The reason we don't have one is because there are questions about it, it's because we're afraid to ruffle feathers of guys who are used to our athletic department working like Burger King (you know...they pay money, then they get the "Have it Your Way" treatment).

https://www.lsutaf.org/documents/Tig...t%20Policy.pdf

I think it would give people more of an incentive if they could see a points system in place. If they could log in to their account and have a "user name" to follow which shows how the points add up with each purchase, RCAF donation, alumni, season tix, etc. and be able to see a ranking in place. It would be a good idea if they showed the perks that each TARGET POINT level provided which would give a person goals to shoot for.

I wonder how many points I would have?

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    Should look into getting softball season tickets! Teams coming to Louisiana in 2014 to play: Oklahoma (2013 Nat'l Champions), Michigan (2013 World series team), Texas, North Carolina among many others. The girls have a lot of passion for the game and they win. Take a risk to your ego, girls can play this game. Get tickets!
    Softball is great. I just can't make enough games to make season tickets worth the money, but I'll be there when the big names come to Lamson park.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Softball Re: 2014 RCAF

This will be the most intriguing softball season in a long time due to all the new offensive players.

I wonder if mailers went out yet to current members?

Maybe a phone call wouldn't be a bad idea..

Start the drive now. Hell get farmer to start calling donors.
    "Good morning mr x. I'm calling today on behalf of the rcaf. I see last year you donated x. Will you be donating again this year? Let me get your information. "

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    I wonder if mailers went out yet to current members?

Maybe a phone call wouldn't be a bad idea..

Start the drive now. Hell get farmer to start calling donors.
    "Good morning mr x. I'm calling today on behalf of the rcaf. I see last year you donated x. Will you be donating again this year? Let me get your information. "
    I received an email about 2 weeks or so ago regarding this very item ... we are getting it going in the right direction!

I think they contact people one year after they last renewed. I seem to always hear from them in April.

When you sign up for RCAF its for the calendar year correct? So if I signed up in August, it would be good from August to December and I would need to donate again in January right?

Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    When you sign up for RCAF its for the calendar year correct? So if I signed up in August, it would be good from August to December and I would need to donate again in January right?
    That is correct.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Mine is renewed every April.

Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    I knew this when I made my earlier post. Just seems that maybe they are using the calendar for renewals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2