Thread: USL name on internet

Default USL name on internet

what's up with that!. when you google ragin cajuns the first site that pops up is for ragincajuns.com.. however the USL name is in front of it.. weird.. Also, I've heard that Tyrell Fenroy was hopitalized sat night for a concussion apparently from the scrimmage and released sunday. didn't appear to be too serious. thank goodnes...not sure if this was published anywhere....maybe someone else has heard somthing..

Default Re: USL name on internet

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    what's up with that!. when you google ragin cajuns the first site that pops up is for ragincajuns.com.. however the USL name is in front of it.. weird.. Also, I've heard that Tyrell Fenroy was hopitalized sat night for a concussion apparently from the scrimmage and released sunday. didn't appear to be too serious. thank goodnes...not sure if this was published anywhere....maybe someone else has heard somthing..
    i noticed the USL link that comes up before just forgot to mention it. you reminded me, yes it needs to be changed! somebody do something

Search engines will normally pull in the Page Title of the home page as the first line in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Page). For some reason, they are not doing this. I checked the page source and there is no reference of USL in there, so it is not pulling it from there.

It is also not a Google only deal as Yahoo reflects the same. I've seen this happen before, but not exactly like this. Lets say that ragincajuns.com was previously owned and maintained by someone else. And UL purchased the site. They built their own site and launched it. It is possible for the search engines to pull in the previous information in the SERPs until Google (or any other search engine) updates the info. But this will be only temporary until Google crawls that domain again. Once they see the info has changed, they will update it with the new info.

This is not the case for ragincajuns.com since it has been up for over a year now and has never updated. The only thing that I can think of is if "USL Ragin' Cajuns" is somehow tied to the actual domain name information and it is being pulled in from there. But to my knowledge, there is no page title information associated with domain name info.

I tried to look ragincajuns.com up in the WayBack Machine (which shows you old versions of websites, but it said that the site owner blocked previous info.

I am completely stumped as to why it might be pulling in "USL Ragin' Cajuns". My suggestion would be to start by the Webmaster taking a look at the domain name data and looking in there for references of USL.

Must be a conspiracy. I blame LSU.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Also, I've heard that Tyrell Fenroy was hopitalized sat night for a concussion apparently from the scrimmage and released sunday. didn't appear to be too serious. thank goodnes...not sure if this was published anywhere....maybe someone else has heard somthing.. _
    I don't know about a concusion, but Fenroy was on the bench with an ice pack on the back of his neck / right shoulder during the second half of the scrimmage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ I don't know about a concusion, but Fenroy was on the bench with an ice pack on the back of his neck / right shoulder during the second half of the scrimmage. _
    and not moving around much!!

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ Must be a conspiracy. I blame LSU. _
    Good place to begin!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    Good place to begin!!
    I was thinking the same thing!