_ _ _ _

Thread: Glow Sticks

Default Glow Sticks

You know when they handed those things out at the gate I thought it wasn't going to be much of a big deal. But when they turned the lights out and you had 4000 people waving them around, I must admit it was pretty cool. I know the program probably can't afford it, but I would love to see that become a longstanding tradition. You can scoff if you want, but if you were there you have to admit it was really cool. Every game, lights go out, and little red glow sticks light up the Cajundome. It's great.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Glow Sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    _ You know when they handed those things out at the gate I thought it wasn't going to be much of a big deal. But when they turned the lights out and you had 4000 people waving them around, I must admit it was pretty cool. I know the program probably can't afford it, but I would love to see that become a longstanding tradition. You can scoff if you want, but if you were there you have to admit it was really cool. Every game, lights go out, and little red glow sticks light up the Cajundome. It's great. _
    I was at the Orange Bowl many moons ago when they handed out green glow sticks to everyone in the stadium. They turned all the lights out at halftime, had everyone crack their glow sticks... it was incredible. They took some aerial shots of it, including a satellite photo. Others can scoff at things like that, but it's especially thrilling and memorable for kids. Obviously, even some of us "grown-ups" get a kick out of it as well.

I don't think you can make that a "tradition" in the dome... but it could be done at a tolerable frequency and not get old.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I was at the Orange Bowl many moons ago when they handed out green glow sticks to everyone in the stadium. They turned all the lights out at halftime, had everyone crack their glow sticks... it was incredible. They took some aerial shots of it, including a satellite photo. Others can scoff at things like that, but it's especially thrilling and memorable for kids. Obviously, even some of us "grown-ups" get a kick out of it as well.

I don't think you can make that a "tradition" in the dome... but it could be done at a tolerable frequency and not get old.
    You can buy glow sticks in bulk for less than .25 each. Probably even cheaper.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    You can buy glow sticks in bulk for less than .25 each. Probably even cheaper.
    Rave much?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Rave much?
    Ha! The husband's response last night upon receiving glow stick- "What am I? At a rave or something?"

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate View Post
    Ha! The husband's response last night upon receiving glow stick- "What am I? At a rave or something?"
    LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate View Post
    _ Ha! The husband's response last night upon receiving glow stick- "What am I? At a rave or something?" _
    b.y.o.x.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Rave much?
    I rave about a lot of things....great baseball, softball....don't you owe me a drink or something? Brian & I will be looking at collecting that debt with interest at the end of March.