Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Co-Branding Tailgating Groups

Default Re: Co-Branding Tailgating Groups

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ Thanks for the information Seth. Perhaps, just perhaps, had your information been available at the time of the presentation we paranoid souls would not be the defensive whiners that we are about this idea. But we were not given this information. We were left to mull over, in our minds, the reasonining for this project.

Permit me to ask some question? How can the University be fined by the State for individuals who use offical university logos without permission? How in God's name will the State know if an individual has/has not received proper permission?

Next question. Who at the University has this power to permit or decline a request to use the official university logo(s)?

Final question. What is the procedure to obtain this permission, and is the policy for utilization of official university logo(s) available for review by the public?

The University has been supportive of tailgating. However, there is a reason for their largese....MONEY. I can't recall the number of tailgating sites that require a fee for their use. The fee for a "site" is $175. Let's say there are 200 sites. That number would bring in $35,000 for three months of occasional use. Other than outlining the location of each site, and providing some trash containers, their isn't much the University spends in the upkeep of these sites. I, for one, am grateful that we have such a large tailgating area. And I am grateful that the cost for each site is relatively in-expensive. But to make it sound like the University is benevolent, please, remember the benevolence comes at a cost, and rightfully so!

And the Krewe de Chew is planning to continue tailgating, utilizing the same sites that we have had for some time to allow friend and foe alike to come and witness good food, Ragin Cajun pride, and a special joie de vie!! _
    Charlie,

I understand your questions and concerns. I don't think their intent was to ever "mess with tradition". A person should actually gain permission from Mrs Dronet and the Licensing dept of UL before using their logo as your own. For example, there is a trailer on campus for the engineering dept that has UL logos all over it. They did not receive appropriate permission. When I approached the university about getting copyright permission to use their logos to place on our new tailgating trailer, this is what I was told. This, along with many other requests, is what started this whole process. First of all, I was told that you can not alter an official logo. If you were to use a logo, you had to place "Proud sponsors of" on top of the logo. Since, I didn't want to do that, we came up with other options. And here we are today. If you have any questions or would like any other information on the process or the new logos, please feel free to contact Matt Tarver or Julie Dronet at the UL Licensing Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by sethmw View Post
    _ Charlie,

I understand your questions and concerns. I don't think their intent was to ever "mess with tradition". A person should actually gain permission from Mrs Dronet and the Licensing dept of UL before using their logo as your own. For example, there is a trailer on campus for the engineering dept that has UL logos all over it. They did not receive appropriate permission. When I approached the university about getting copyright permission to use their logos to place on our new tailgating trailer, this is what I was told. This, along with many other requests, is what started this whole process. First of all, I was told that you can not alter an official logo. If you were to use a logo, you had to place "Proud sponsors of" on top of the logo. Since, I didn't want to do that, we came up with other options. And here we are today. If you have any questions or would like any other information on the process or the new logos, please feel free to contact Matt Tarver or Julie Dronet at the UL Licensing Dept. _
    Why would I trust a woman who has never ever tried to find a way to lose the @Lafayette, but instead celebrates it. She is in direct opposition to 80% of people who follow our sports.

Second thing is I do not believe it is possible to fine the university for illegal use of their logo. UL@Lafayette does not have enough money to stomp out illegal use of their name by big time corporate people, they sure as heck cannot attack each little camp. Ain't going to happen, and I certainly am not going to seek permission from JSD when I create my shirts and caps sans the @Lafayette.

Finally she needs to let those poor duped sponsors know they will get stuck with almost all their @Lafayette stuff, and to stick with the Louisiana's Ragin'Cajuns stuff as it will outsell by 10-1 the @Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by sethmw View Post
    _ Charlie,

I understand your questions and concerns. I don't think their intent was to ever "mess with tradition". A person should actually gain permission from Mrs Dronet and the Licensing dept of UL before using their logo as your own. For example, there is a trailer on campus for the engineering dept that has UL logos all over it. They did not receive appropriate permission. When I approached the university about getting copyright permission to use their logos to place on our new tailgating trailer, this is what I was told. This, along with many other requests, is what started this whole process. First of all, I was told that you can not alter an official logo. If you were to use a logo, you had to place "Proud sponsors of" on top of the logo. Since, I didn't want to do that, we came up with other options. And here we are today. If you have any questions or would like any other information on the process or the new logos, please feel free to contact Matt Tarver or Julie Dronet at the UL Licensing Dept. _
    Thank you for the information.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Co-Branding Tailgating Groups

This whole thing looks like an attorney's bonanza and by the "opposite yet equal reaction" a spirit killer. As citizen's of the United States of America, we have to ask the Fed's to build in a flood zone, the state to burn trash, the city/parish to erect business signs, and now our beloved university to put decals on private property to profess our loyalty.

Oh, wise men of genius status, please let me know when is this going to end.

Whew, I just made it before the TM police came. I just removed the UL Alumni sticker from my son's tricycle.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun View Post
    This whole thing looks like an attorney's bonanza and by the "opposite yet equal reaction" a spirit killer. As citizen's of the United States of America, we have to ask the Fed's to build in a flood zone, the state to burn trash, the city/parish to erect business signs, and now our beloved university to put decals on private property to profess our loyalty.

Oh, wise men of genius status, please let me know when is this going to end.

Whew, I just made it before the TM police came. I just removed the UL Alumni sticker from my son's tricycle.
    Quick, GOR...I need to steal a license plate! If the "powers that be" see the sticker on my ride that has the @ Lafayette neatly removed, I could be in trouble!!! I damn sure can't be connected with any of that!!!

I think I'll put some weight on too, change my looks! Never can be too careful when dealing with the name police.......

Oh yeah all those UL golf shirts and baseball caps that I use to sell out of the back of my Grand Prix in 2002....well that wasn't really me that was someone else.

Z

Put me out of this ******* misery NOW!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2