Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Co-Branding Tailgating Groups

Default Co-Branding Tailgating Groups

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    Tailgaters will have a flag with three different designs.
    I was just looking through some older threads, and I noticed this. I wanted to ask about it before, but forgot. Can anyone elaborate on this, what it means, why they're doing it?

I don't know if this means that we'll all be flying some sort of flag (that's a lot of flags) or if they're selling flags for us to fly, or if different flags will mean different status on the tailgating ladder.

Default Re: Recruiting Bash Recap

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    I was just looking through some older threads, and I noticed this. I wanted to ask about it before, but forgot. Can anyone elaborate on this, what it means, why they're doing it?

I don't know if this means that we'll all be flying some sort of flag (that's a lot of flags) or if they're selling flags for us to fly, or if different flags will mean different status on the tailgating ladder.
    Rhineaux!

Ragin Cajun Tailgaters is now an official entity (I guess thats a good word). When you receive mail/info for a tailgating spot there is an official Ragin Cajun Tailgaters logo that will be posted on everything involved. IT LOOKS GOOD! It has a bar-b-que pit with flames coming out and its in the shape of a fleur-de-lis. Trust me is nice. Also when you have a tailgating spot you will be given the option to purchase your very own tailgating club logo, there are about 4-5 to choose from. They are all pretty nice and you add your tailgating club name to the logos. The purpose is to bring together all the tailgating groups to look in sync and be classy and make them feel more "together". I think this is a great idea. You can even make coosies, tshirts, etc... UL is the first university to implement an idea like this!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Co-Branding Tailgating Groups

I was going to wait till The Athletic Network put up the pictures but here goes.

Julie Dronet at the 2008 Rec-ROUX-ting Bash. sorry for low audio volume.

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife View Post
    Rhineaux!

Ragin Cajun Tailgaters is now an official entity (I guess thats a good word). When you receive mail/info for a tailgating spot there is an official Ragin Cajun Tailgaters logo that will be posted on everything involved. IT LOOKS GOOD! It has a bar-b-que pit with flames coming out and its in the shape of a fleur-de-lis. Trust me is nice. Also when you have a tailgating spot you will be given the option to purchase your very own tailgating club logo, there are about 4-5 to choose from. They are all pretty nice and you add your tailgating club name to the logos. The purpose is to bring together all the tailgating groups to look in sync and be classy and make them feel more "together". I think this is a great idea. You can even make coosies, tshirts, etc... UL is the first university to implement an idea like this!
    that is a pretty neat idea.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife View Post
    _ Rhineaux!

Ragin Cajun Tailgaters is now an official entity (I guess thats a good word). When you receive mail/info for a tailgating spot there is an official Ragin Cajun Tailgaters logo that will be posted on everything involved. IT LOOKS GOOD! It has a bar-b-que pit with flames coming out and its in the shape of a fleur-de-lis. Trust me is nice. Also when you have a tailgating spot you will be given the option to purchase your very own tailgating club logo, there are about 4-5 to choose from. They are all pretty nice and you add your tailgating club name to the logos. The purpose is to bring together all the tailgating groups to look in sync and be classy and make them feel more "together". I think this is a great idea. You can even make coosies, tshirts, etc... UL is the first university to implement an idea like this! _
    I think she has an ulterior motive for pushing this.

She has found another way to promote the abomination of a logo she likes with all the "yellow" and the flames.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

She has found another way to promote the abomination of a logo she likes with all the "yellow" and the flames.
    I actually can't stand that part, yellow...blah, but it is a great idea.

p.s. also I don't think we lead the nation in tailgating... but whatever!

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

It is a Good idea.... but ... Everything she showed had UL-Lafayette or Louisiana @ Lafayette prominently displayed.....all except something that said Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns....I do believe it had the hot wheels logo.

I wont use or buy anything that says UL Lafayette, or Louisiana @ Lafayette....we do not have to...why push it on us?

Im sure the field turf is a mirage....I know @ Lafayette is going to creep in there somehow.

Z.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Yea Z--even in the indoor p f the Black lettering of the Lafayette shows its evil face!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ It is a Good idea.... but ... Everything she showed had University of Louisiana or Louisiana @ Lafayette prominently displayed.....all except something that said Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns....I do believe it had the hot wheels logo.

I wont use or buy anything that says UL Lafayette, or Louisiana @ Lafayette....we do not have to...why push it on us?

Im sure the field turf is a mirage....I know @ Lafayette is going to creep in there somehow.

Z. _
    She needs to go. Promote her up or something. Just get some fresh ideas and decent management in that office!

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginRash View Post
    She needs to go. Promote her up or something. Just get some fresh ideas and decent management in that office!
    Hey Rash, what are you doing by a computer before midnite on a Friday night???

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ It is a Good idea.... but ... Everything she showed had University of Louisiana or Louisiana @ Lafayette prominently displayed.....all except something that said Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns....I do believe it had the hot wheels logo.

Z. _
    This whole Julie Dronet idea has me puzzled. Why do we need to have all of the tailgating sites as look-a-likes? We also do not need to advertise the tailgating area. Those folks who have visited have passed the word on to their cohorts about our #1 tailgating. That's a lot better than some sort of stereotyped flag identity.
    Nope, I for one don't want the Krewe de Chew to give up its identity. We have our own logo and banners which does a good job of telling people who we are.
    The more I think about it the more I think that she is fixing to spring something on us. I just can't figure out what it is/will be.

I don't tailgate but isn't the beauty of tailgating the individuality? I describe this as cookie cutter variety. I don't buy this is what McDonald was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ This whole Julie Dronet idea has me puzzled. Why do we need to have all of the tailgating sites as look-a-likes? We also do not need to advertise the tailgating area. Those folks who have visited have passed the word on to their cohorts about our #1 tailgating. That's a lot better than some sort of stereotyped flag identity.
    Nope, I for one don't want the Krewe de Chew to give up its identity. We have our own logo and banners which does a good job of telling people who we are.
    The more I think about it the more I think that she is fixing to spring something on us. I just can't figure out what it is/will be. _
    That is pretty much my exact words after the recruiting bash. Those tailgate groups who want shirts and logos already have something in place. This idea is rediculious.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ That is pretty much my exact words after the recruiting bash. Those tailgate groups who want shirts and logos already have something in place. This idea is rediculious. _
    I know that many people around here have had problems with this broad for a long time...so would it be worth our time to flood her with phone calls and e-mails telling her to get us something better???

I don't really mind the idea, as a whole, but I can understand Charlie's gripe. Like someone else said, many groups (like our's) already have their own crap going with Shirts and so forth. Also, I haven't seen the designs or the logo's that she presented, but I can imagine what they look like. But, being as I haven't seen them for myself, I can't pass judgement.

I think that maybe we should just all flood her voicemail and inbox with calls and e-mails and tell her that if she doesn't get something better, then everyone is going to boycott it. That way, when she arives Monday morning, she's going to spend the first three hours of her day listening to and reading all of _____es and complaints.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ This idea is rediculious. _

.....as is JSD.

Relax guys. These logos were created for groups that are just getting started or groups seeking a new logo (not ones that have been together and already have their custom logos). The university was having problems with too many people using official university logos (without permission) on tailgating trailers, t-shirts, signs, etc. The university can actually be fined by the state for this. I for one, think its a great idea. I was invited to partcipate in the process of creating these logos. The university has been very supportive of tailgating and allowing us to use Official University Logos. Why do you guys always get so defensive? Get your information straight before you start whining on these forum pages.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sethmw View Post
    Get your information straight before you start whining on these forum pages. _
    And destroy a tradition?..... never!

_ Relax guys. These logos were created for groups that are just getting started or groups seeking a new logo (not ones that have been together and already have their custom logos). The university was having problems with too many people using official university logos (without permission) on tailgating trailers, t-shirts, signs, etc. The university can actually be fined by the state for this. I for one, think its a great idea. I was invited to partcipate in the process of creating these logos. The university has been very supportive of tailgating and allowing us to use Official University Logos. Why do you guys always get so defensive? Get your information straight before you start whining on these forum pages. _
    Thanks for the information Seth. Perhaps, just perhaps, had your information been available at the time of the presentation we paranoid souls would not be the defensive whiners that we are about this idea. But we were not given this information. We were left to mull over, in our minds, the reasonining for this project.

Permit me to ask some question? How can the University be fined by the State for individuals who use offical university logos without permission? How in God's name will the State know if an individual has/has not received proper permission?

Next question. Who at the University has this power to permit or decline a request to use the official university logo(s)?

Final question. What is the procedure to obtain this permission, and is the policy for utilization of official university logo(s) available for review by the public?

The University has been supportive of tailgating. However, there is a reason for their largese....MONEY. I can't recall the number of tailgating sites that require a fee for their use. The fee for a "site" is $175. Let's say there are 200 sites. That number would bring in $35,000 for three months of occasional use. Other than outlining the location of each site, and providing some trash containers, their isn't much the University spends in the upkeep of these sites. I, for one, am grateful that we have such a large tailgating area. And I am grateful that the cost for each site is relatively in-expensive. But to make it sound like the University is benevolent, please, remember the benevolence comes at a cost, and rightfully so!

And the Krewe de Chew is planning to continue tailgating, utilizing the same sites that we have had for some time to allow friend and foe alike to come and witness good food, Ragin Cajun pride, and a special joie de vie!!

The university can actually be fined by the state for this.
    Tell Miss Dronet she can be fined and thrown in jail for knowingly making a false statement. I know what to do, lets take the money from the flags and create a UL identity fund to pay for Miss Dronet's fines.

_ Relax guys. These logos were created for groups that are just getting started or groups seeking a new logo (not ones that have been together and already have their custom logos). The university was having problems with too many people using official university logos (without permission) on tailgating trailers, t-shirts, signs, etc.
    Not sure why that would be a concern for the university. WHY DO YOU CARE? With that off my chest I say this is a great idea for new tailgaters and groups or old groups with no identity. Good for Julie Dronet it's about time she makes herself useful. JUST KIDDING

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast