_ _ _ _

Thread: Facility Improvement Update?

UL Football Facility Improvement Update?

I saw that they "broke ground" at halftime, but has anyone seen any real demolition/construction reguarding the upgrades? I live in Texas and make it to LA for several Louisiana home games and have not seen any demo(since Texas state game). I have been viewing this board for many many years and ya'll seem to be way ahead of the RC website and others for information. Any information would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    I saw that they "broke ground" at halftime, but has anyone seen any real demolition/construction reguarding the upgrades? I live in Texas and make it to LA for several Louisiana home games and have not seen any demo(since Texas state game). I have been viewing this board for many many years and ya'll seem to be way ahead of the RC website and others for information. Any information would be appreciated.
    We still have a home game

Default Re: Facility Improvement Update?

Yes, I'll be there!!! Any timelines that are available to see and the financial aspect of it...ie what we have and what is needed, money wise?

Phase 1 is taken care of money-wise. That'll start in earnest after the last home game and continue into the spring and summer. They're working on the funding for Phase 2 (the most expensive part, ie: major Cajun Field updates) right now, and from what I've heard it's going very well, though I honestly couldn't tell you exactly how well in terms of dollars.

Bottom line, it's happening. We just have to keep up our end of the bargain as fans and financial supporters and we'll be playing in $120 million worth of facilities upgrades before you know it.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I kept telling everybody that wanted the end zone part of Phase 1 to get cranked in the Summer---NOWAY---Now that the season is over it should be full steam ahead for the End zone with visitors locker room and the Athletics facility that will tie into the IPF---The biggest thing to me is that locker room, training room, fun room, etc which unless I am way off base is included in the initial part of construction!!!

Does anyone know if these figures are up to date off the RaginCajuns.com website?
    http://ragincajuns.com/sports/2013/3...18.aspx?id=570

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I don't know the figures but I do know that after NOV 30th that they will be kicking butt to finish the South End Zone---the Athletics Performance Center and the Soccer/track facility

all PHASE I

-ALL paid for

and certainly to whizz off all non UL fans

Typical question from our enemy boards "How can they do that, that is not fair, Why can't we have one of those, are they taking money from academics, Who do they think they are, Will they have Lafayette on the buildings, is there anyway to stop them????????????" A great time to be who you are---that would be RAGIN' CAJUNS!!!!!

I'm thinking consturction starts after the New Year. Even with all the progress we've made, I still feel that we'll have some type of delays.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I will be__off if they don't commence turning dirt when the score board reads 00:00 Saturday night on November 30, 2013......I remember when the school east of us had all the construction equipment moved in after the last home game the year they started the upper decks of their stadium......so let's begin here....

Hud has said he thinks it is important for construction to be going in January and February for official recruiting visits.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I will be__off if they don't commence turning dirt when the score board reads 00:00 Saturday night on November 30, 2013......I remember when the school east of us had all the construction equipment moved in after the last home game the year they started the upper decks of their stadium......so let's begin here....

I remember when they said the end zone work would begin in July...

It then went to after ULAMN game, now January?

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

For fan appreciation alone they should have the heavy equipment parked outside the the stadium for the last game of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    For fan appreciation alone they should have the heavy equipment parked outside the the stadium for the last game of the year.
    +1 At least a backhoe to ceremoniously take a couple swipes at the hill.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    +1 At least a backhoe to ceremoniously take a couple swipes at the hill.
    Put a heavy real live round in the cannon and blow a hole big enough to put a few lawn chairs in........

Damn, that mental image caused me to choke on my drink. Almost a waste of some fine scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Put a heavy real live round in the cannon and blow a hole big enough to put a few lawn chairs in........
    This could be a way to "pick your seats"!

Blog Entries

They should be selling jars of nostalgia dirt.