_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I will say it...

Default I will say it...

I will put it out there (and let the hate begin). I have been reading many posts from many RP'ers and there has been criticism of the Cajun D or the Cajun O, or some combination of both. I have been guilty as well. But..."I have seen the light!" I will draw this conclusion...

We are becoming the fan base that resides 50 miles to the east!

Winning makes you feel good. Winning over and over again makes that feeling so great, you don't want it to stop. Like a drug. Our expectations are through the roof. We are so excited about our team that... we critize them. "They are not winning the way we want them to..." "We give up too many big plays..." "We need a new D Coordinator" "Our kicker needs to go back to Australia..." "Too many dropped passes..."

This team hasn't lost in eight games. This team is on the verge of doing something it's never done, win 10+ games. Third straight bowl game. Zeroing in on a conference championship.

Win pretty...win ugly...who cares...just WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    I will put it out there (and let the hate begin). I have been reading many posts from many RP'ers and there has been criticism of the Cajun D or the Cajun O, or some combination of both. I have been guilty as well. But..."I have seen the light!" I will draw this conclusion...

We are becoming the fan base that resides 50 miles to the east!

Winning makes you feel good. Winning over and over again makes that feeling so great, you don't want it to stop. Like a drug. Our expectations are through the roof. We are so excited about our team that... we critize them. "They are not winning the way we want them to..." "We give up too many big plays..." "We need a new D Coordinator" "Our kicker needs to go back to Australia..." "Too many dropped passes..."

This team hasn't lost in eight games. This team is on the verge of doing something it's never done, win 10+ games. Third straight bowl game. Zeroing in on a conference championship.

Win pretty...win ugly...who cares...just WIN!
    It's really just a few morons. I don't think it has been as bad as the idiots to the east.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: I will say it...

You are totally off base, and probably because people like J-Bird said we are complaining about how we win. Any win is a pretty win. I get that totally, and agree.

For the most part think of what is going on with the fan base like this:

Man goes into his doctor and takes a stress test. Doc says your blood pressure is great, your stress was wonderful, and your resting heart rate is 52 beats per minute. Guy walks out the office and drops dead of a heart attack. That and playing great and losing is the same exact thing.

Another man is taking a stroll in the park, and comments about how tired he is, and is short of breath, and is dizzy. The wife calls 911 and he is rushed to the hospital. Turns out he did not have a heart attack, but his aorta is 90% clogged up. He gets a by pass, or says I am fine no need to get that by pass? Does our defense play like they have never seen a pass route mean they are healthy or sick?

The fans are not complaining about an "ugly win", they are concerned about what this ugly win might mean down the road. Do we have a problem or is just happen to be an ugly win. I submit hardly anybody is losing sleep because it is an "ugly win", only what it might mean.

Now you use the fans to the East as an example of wasted worry. Seems they thought their man had a clogged aorta. Guess what he did and is now on life support and will not make a BCS Bowl. They were right to worry and complain.

At least that is how I see things about complaining about ugly wins.

Default Re: I will say it...

Most of the criticism I have seen has been reasonable and almost always tempered with statements to the effect that the poster is overjoyed with the overall results. You actually need to go on tiger droppings and see how jaded those guys are. Or don't, that place will rob you of your joy.

A fan forum EXISTS as an outlet for those who care and think probably too much about a particular topic. We are 8-2 that is fantastic. I wouldn't want any other coach than the one we have. Our defense makes me consume ant-acids the entire time we are piling up victories. It's infinitely better than the nasuea medication I could have mainlined during the Bustle-WKU-Homecoming and McNeese game fiascos.

Great times to be a Cajun! We will demolish ULM!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You are totally off base, and probably because people like J-Bird said we are complaining about how we win. Any win is a pretty win. I get that totally, and agree.

Man goes into his doctor and takes a stress test. Doc says your blood pressure is great, your stress was wonderful, and your resting heart rate is 52 beats per minute. Guy walks out the office and drops dead of a heart attack. That and playing great and losing is the same exact thing.

Another man is taking a stroll in the park, and comments about how tired he is, and is short of breath, and is dizzy. The wife calls 911 and he is rushed to the hospital. Turns out he did not have a heart attack, but his aorta is 90% clogged up. He gets a by pass, or says I am fine no need to get that by pass? Does our defense play like they have never seen a pass route mean they are healthy or sick?

The fans are not complaining about an "ugly win", they are concerned about what this ugly win might mean down the road. Do we have a problem or is just happen to be an ugly win. I submit hardly anybody is losing sleep because it is an "ugly win", only what it might mean.

Now you use the fans to the East as an example of wasted worry. Seems they thought their man had a clogged aorta. Guess what he did and is now on life support and will not make a BCS Bowl. They were right to worry and complain.

I think what you are alluding to is trying to find something that isn't there. If our defense was that bad...we wouldn't be 8-2. Do games like this happen to everyone? Yes. Hell...Alabama only beat Mississippi State by 13 points this past Saturday. And I am 100% certain there are people on their message board that sound just like people here sounded. It is a product of success. It is simply one thing...fear. Fear of the unknown. What does it all mean? Why didn't we blow out Georgia State? Are we gonna lose because of this? Are we not as good as our record makes us out to be? What is the white stuff inside a Twinkie made out of? Is milk still good after the expiration date? Instead of enjoying the success while it lasts...they fear losing it. I say have fun with it...no need to worry about the defense until it actually costs us something.

I choose to look at it as the team had some challenges, made adjustments, played differently and won the game. It's not life or death. I agree that no one is losing sleep. When the team doesn't make adjustments or the adjustments fail and the team losses, then I can ask why.

I went to both schools. I have listened to a lot of talk radio in BR. I have family that are hugh LSU fans. I know what the fans complain about, especially when they win. I am just making a parallel.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The only difference is I chose to NOT go to school at LSUA&M @ Baton Rouge. I spent five years living there, and a decade doing work there daily and listening to the moaners on Buddy Songy show. So I know the difference between complaining about your team and fearing you are not as good as your wins.

The only difference is I chose to NOT go to school at LSUA&M @ Baton Rouge. I spent five years living there, and a decade doing work there daily and listening to the moaners on Buddy Songy show. So I know the difference between complaining about your team and fearing you are not as good as your wins.
    Ok, so you chose not to go there. I did, and transfered to UL, graduated, went back to UL and got my masters. I pull for both schools, but my heart always lies with UL. I agree with Hawk that most schools complain about their programs. The point I was trying to make is now that we are experiencing what consistent winning looks like and as our expectations increase, it takes more for those expectations to be met. Fear of the unknown...I get it. I was reminded by someone on the forum to not live in the past. I then could add: don't worry about the future. Live in present.

Another one of these huh.. It's a shame that ppl can't discuss FOOTBALL on a fan forum without being accused of acting like corndog fans.
    Someone said it perfectly last weekend..
    There are fans of this school and then there are football fans that love this school in our fan base..
    Let the football guys talk football. If you want to be a blind fan boy, no one is stopping you.

Beat Moanroe

I am not being critical of you for attending LSU A&M. My brother did as well, and my parents thought I would go there. I just chose to stay close to my home at the time, Opelousas. Unlike many football lore never entered into my mind when choosing a school.

But aren't they one in the same? The same fear drives both the mouth breathers in Baton Rouge to call in to their shows and act the donkey, that also drives us to dig deeper to try and find something wrong with our team. The fear of losing the success we have attained. I know we want to think our motives are separate, but they really aren't. It has nothing to do with being a football fan, or being a moron. It's part of the human condition.

I am not being critical of you for attending LSU A&M. My brother did as well, and my parents thought I would go there. I just chose to stay close to my home at the time, Opelousas. Unlike many football lore never entered into my mind when choosing a school.
    I didn't think you were critizing. Just wanted to be honest about my experience. In hindsight, I should have started at UL.

I am saying, in most cases, the motives are not different, but identical. Some few are crazy, but most are driven crazy by knowing you probably are not as good as your record, and vocally worry, or write in treads. If you are scared just say you are scared. I am scared.

Live in present.
    Presently, we will demolish ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Another one of these huh.. It's a shame that ppl can't discuss FOOTBALL on a fan forum without being accused of acting like corndog fans.
    Someone said it perfectly last weekend..
    There are fans of this school and then there are football fans that love this school in our fan base..
    Let the football guys talk football. If you want to be a blind fan boy, no one is stopping you.

Beat Moanroe
    ManAboutTown, I am a frequent contributor to the Ragin Pagin forum. I have two degrees for UL. I have been involved in my university and have been a great supporter of UL. Don't single me out saying I don't belong here. I belong here just as much as you do. I will be more than happy to talk football with you. I made an observation. I put it out there. And you call me a "blind fan boy."

ManAboutTown, I am a frequent contributor to the Ragin Pagin forum. I have two degrees for UL. I have been involved in my university and have been a great supporter of UL. Don't single me out saying I don't belong here. I belong here just as much as you do. I will be more than happy to talk football with you. I made an observation. I put it out there. And you call me a "blind fan boy."
    Beware the group think mentality on this board. Anything to the contrary of the mainstream thought process will be kicked and beaten to a pulp and offered up as a sacrifice to the gods of internet mob justice. Fight the good fight.

Is the glass half full or half empty? It really depends if you are drinking or pouring.

If we all thought the same, then this forum would have little value.

I'm ok with the debate/criticisms about offense and defense, in fact, I've learned a little because of it.

I mentioned this a few days ago. I think there's a fine line between being frustrated over a win that wasn't pretty enough and bringing up concerns about the future.

I think Cajunjeb is partly right. There were people here who were genuinely upset because we didn't beat Ga State 49-3. They evidently believed we shouldn't just win every game, we should win every game in style. And yes, they sounded like the same people who were calling for Les Miles' head when he was 7-0. If you were that guy. Please do us all a favor and stop being that guy.

But there were also plenty of other people who were venting fustration during the game, which certainly should be allowed. And there were other people who were concerned about how our defense would fare against an outstanding ULM quarterback, which should also be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Beware the group think mentality on this board. Anything to the contrary of the mainstream thought process will be kicked and beaten to a pulp and offered up as a sacrifice to the gods of internet mob justice. Fight the good fight.
    LOL
    This man speaks truth.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

---Well I will say that you adequately 'EXPRESSED" our concerns---seriously some great analogies!!! When you think about it if we have the ball they can only score on a safety , pic 6, or fumble return or recovery in the end zone!!!! Well hell I didn't think they had that many ways but---get me the ball back to hold on to!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast