Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana (63) vs. Arkansas (76)

Default Re: MBB - Louisiana vs. Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Marlin walked out early? Anyone see that?
    He said I'm GONE!... don't know what to think about that honestly. At the moment I'm laughing about it. HE GONE!

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    2/17 from 3
    15/24 from FT
    Right. They played well, had a great shot to win and let it slip away in crunch time. This team is good and they will continue to improve but that was an early season statement that we missed. I still like our team right now and they will do nothing but get better.

Blog Entries

Default Re: MBB - Louisiana vs. Arkansas

Sounds like the Cajuns gave a great effort. Si like the way Marlin's teams have played so hard the last couple of years.

I have a question though: Since Marlin has been here the Cajuns have been bad at free throws and outside jump shots. How much influence on a team's shooting have to do with the coach?

I remember when I played high school ball my coach would try to correct a players' s shooting form. Does this happen in college also? By the time a player gets to college I would think that the player has his jump shot and especially free throw form down pat.

It just seems strange that these D1 college athletes are unable to make free throws and we don't have a true shooter.

Just want to get everyone elses thoughts on how much impact a coach has on his team's shooting.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana (63) vs. Arkansas (76)

We've been bad at free throws way before marlin was here. Although I wasn't crazy about how much he let it fly, I wish we had an outside shooter with the confidence brad Boyd had.

I hate to make this excuse but im almost certain the bad freethrow shooting has to do with the lack of Practice in the Cajun dome. Marlin makes his guys shoot a Ton of free throws at practice , But im sure alot of you have been in the practice gym.the walls are only a few feet behind the Goals. Then You get in bigger arenas , Depth perception throws you off

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Then why do visiting teams beat us at the line? Did they practice in the Dome?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Then why do visiting teams beat us at the line? Did they practice in the Dome?
    No but FT woes have existed since the -had to cut the court to fit- BPF was built.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5