_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How far we've come....

Default How far we've come....

I hate to bring up the past but it amazes me of how far we have come as a program. I remember playing New Meixco State and losing to them often at the last second. Now, we are favored to beat them by almost 30 points. Troy comes to town next week, and not only will be have have a shot to beat them the third year in a row, but we can also end their hopes of a conference championship.

Hiring a coach like Hud, who brings energy to the program, makes all the difference in the world. It's even a norm to have over 20k for each home game. I remember not too long ago being excited when we would draw over 15k. And it's only going to get better. We have the right administration and the right leadership, as well as a growing fan base that will lead to us to greater heights. We also have the RCAF pumping money to the program that allows us to do things like our master plan.

Any way, I know I'm stating a lot of obvious things, but it's just something that randomly crossed my mind.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: How far we've come....

Sometimes you just need to be random...

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: How far we've come....

Goals and future goals---all sports should have the conference championship and post season play as their goals---First on the ladies' side we are better in Soccer, V-ball and cross country--we should be better in WB-ball along with track and softball we might be not quite as good!!!! the only c-ship would be S-ball

For the guys in F-ball we have the C-ship and bowl for the taking-track and C-C should be better---Baseball to the regionals---basketball too hard of a schedule

Not sure about the country club sports but I think we are better in Golf and the Tennis teams!!!

BTW my 7-5 or 8-4 picks in football are now at 9-3 but really could get the 10-2

we need to understand the emotion that all 5 opponents will bring against us!!!!

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Yep, our final 5 opponents all Conference games will be coming at us like the bullseye we are right now! Even Georgia State you never know, don't want to be that Tampa Bay game the Saints lost years ago. Lets get it one game at a time, both fans and players need it ONE GAME at A TIME!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I hate to bring up the past but it amazes me of how far we have come as a program. I remember playing New Meixco State and losing to them often at the last second. Now, we are favored to beat them by almost 30 points. Troy comes to town next week, and not only will be have have a shot to beat them the third year in a row, but we can also end their hopes of a conference championship.

Hiring a coach like Hud, who brings energy to the program, makes all the difference in the world. It's even a norm to have over 20k for each home game. I remember not too long ago being excited when we would draw over 15k. And it's only going to get better. We have the right administration and the right leadership, as well as a growing fan base that will lead to us to greater heights. We also have the RCAF pumping money to the program that allows us to do things like our master plan.

Any way, I know I'm stating a lot of obvious things, but it's just something that randomly crossed my mind.
    Great perspective, makes the good times even better.

HUD was the right piece at the right time (well some will argue the right time has been here for 40 years!) ... but we, as fans, are the major piece to keep this ship sailing in the right direction.

So, as fans, let's show this team how much we LOVE this program this weekend ... let's set some records!

editors note: I know I am talking to the choir ... just ready for the weekend.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Goals and future goals---all sports should have the conference championship and post season play as their goals---First on the ladies' side we are better in Soccer, V-ball and cross country--we should be better in WB-ball along with track and softball we might be not quite as good!!!! the only c-ship would be S-ball

For the guys in F-ball we have the C-ship and bowl for the taking-track and C-C should be better---Baseball to the regionals---basketball too hard of a schedule

Not sure about the country club sports but I think we are better in Golf and the Tennis teams!!!

BTW my 7-5 or 8-4 picks in football are now at 9-3 but really could get the 10-2

we need to understand the emotion that all 5 opponents will bring against us!!!!

I will state it once again....10-2...we run the table...this is our time....and we are going to do it in style.

Blog Entries

I'm sticking to 12-0

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    I'm sticking to 12-0
    I would like a mulligan with Arkansas and Kansas State now.

Frenchie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

BTW my 7-5 or 8-4 picks in football are now at 9-3 !!!!
    Who do you contemplate being our next lost Boom? But you are hopeful for a run to make it 10-2.......

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Yep, our final 5 opponents all Conference games will be coming at us like the bullseye we are right now! Even Georgia State you never know, don't want to be that Tampa Bay game the Saints lost years ago. Lets get it one game at a time, both fans and players need it ONE GAME at A TIME!
    Yes I read this in another post. "1 down at a time". 1 game at a time. FOCUS.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hopeful my ___!!!! I pray I back I contribute I lie I cheat!!!! lol---I have played and I have coached teams on a roll and I think we have one here that is like the snowball going down the hill and think that they are really growing---I just remember sitting in the stands and seeing how poorly we played at Ark and K STATE

If we play one time like that there are 3 teams left that can beat us ---IF THEY BRING THEIR BEST GAME!!!!!

It's amazing what hiring an actual head coach can do for a program. I believe Hud was our first one. Three years ago, a bowl game seemed like it wasn't going to happen. Now we have the NOLA Bowl in our back pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    I'm sticking to 12-0
    Man I hope we go 10-2 for the rest of the year which is a good possibility.

I sure hope Coach Hud stays around for next year.

We have a great shot at going undefeated.

2014 OOC - Southern, @ Boise St, @ Ole Miss, LA Tech,

HUD is making a trip to Friday night games....via Air Med!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Man I hope we go 10-2 for the rest of the year which is a good possibility.

I sure hope Coach Hud stays around for next year.

We have a great shot at going undefeated.
    2014 OOC - Southern, @ Boise St, @ Ole Miss, LA Tech,
    Boise State is a game we could win. Ole Miss will just get better and better, but we do have a chance. I will be there with my suit on for that game.

To the original point, we are gaining lots of respect in the state. I work in Houma and people know us pretty well. I have gotten a few guys to watch a Cajun football game for the first time and they like it. They had no idea we had guys of that caliber. I am taking someone from Houma to his first UL football game on the 30th when we play ULM.

My next door neighbor, here in Kingwood, is from New Orleans, doesn't know much about UL. He was telling me how impressed he was, after seeing UL play the past two weeks on ESPN2. Yes, he said "UL". He also said by name, Broadway looked really good.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

____ em all, Boomer. Stop being scared of your shadow. Let HUD handle the emotion, we can handle the smack downs!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    My next door neighbor, here in Kingwood, is from New Orleans, doesn't know much about UL. He was telling me how impressed he was, after seeing UL play the past two weeks on ESPN2. Yes, he said "UL". He also said by name, Broadway looked really good.
    he made sure he said it correctly cause he knew you would have slapped the ____ out of him. You Acadiana High boys are some tough hombres'!

Hopeful my ___!!!! I pray I back I contribute I lie I cheat!!!! lol---I have played and I have coached teams on a roll and I think we have one here that is like the snowball going down the hill and think that they are really growing---I just remember sitting in the stands and seeing how poorly we played at Ark and K STATE

If we play one time like that there are 3 teams left that can beat us ---IF THEY BRING THEIR BEST GAME!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Z

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast