Thread: Robe on Bird's Eye View today 2pm

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Robe on Bird's Eye View today 2pm

espn1420 and espn1420.com

Default Re: Robe on Bird's Eye View today 2pm

Looking forward to it Jay. Will you guys be taking any calls?

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We usually don't , only because we usually run out of time LOL. I'm not saying Robe gives long answers, but he's thorough.......We will if we have time but I'm not optimistic.

Can someone recap? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    Can someone recap? Thanks in advance.
    I did not catch the entire segment but this is what I got:

Blake Trahan = Really, really good.
    Robe expects more home runs than last year and us to lead the nation again. Also more power shots to the gaps.
    EVERYONE is getting stronger.
    Lots of comparisons to the 2000 team.

I missed the pitching segment.

This is going to be a special year. Can't wait.

Blog Entries

........for the #1 power team in nation to ADD to power totals is going to make it a very enjoyable spring. Should make for some very cool high energy highlight video clips for fans to enjoy on the new High Def scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    ........for the #1 power team in nation to ADD to power totals is going to make it a very enjoyable spring. Should make for some very cool high energy highlight video clips for fans to enjoy on the new High Def scoreboard.
    Imagine if we could have held onto Dex! Nonetheless, should be fun!

Sounds like Robe is really high on the 2 juco transfers.....Baranik and Millhorn, also Plitt seems to have come in ready to compete and added a couple of mph to his fastball, toss Carter in the mix as well...

He mentioned the true freshman Reagan Bazar...6'7 and running it up to 95, but needs an off speed pitch, seems he found out from the "Pack" that having just a fast ball at this level aint gonna get you thru the lineup...lol...He also mentioned two other freshmen...the Guidry boys...

He seemed real upbeat on this yrs staff...if everyone stays healthy he will be able to use Scoob out of pen and let him compete for an outfield spot , said Scoob was really banging the ball with more power.

Griffitt out of pen to give leftys a hard time.....may use Hicks as late inning set up guy...had great things to say about Hicks...what an asset to the team that young man is, not only on the field but off.

Sorry, Im sure I missed a lot more but trying to listen and work at same time was just to much for this old man's brain to handle.