Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: New Turf on Cajun Field

Default Re: Football Turf Field Update

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Got from a higher up, the field is FIELD TURF, the work starts the 17th and they are also going to have to widen the entrance to Tunnel for dump trucks to manuever in and out of field.

I do not revel my sources unless they say it is ok. I did not ask him so I will not divulge his name at this time. All I can say, he is well connected with athletic department.

Go figure

Geaux Cajuns
    Ok, assuming the work starts the 17th, does anyone have a guess as to when we'll get a new "C"?!?

Actually, 'AGIN FIELD couldn't be more accurate right now.

Default Re: When will new Turf be installed

Well it looks like it has started, there are excavators down on the field and some turf has been removed. However with todays rain thats predicted I dont think much will be done today. For those of you who dont know there is a web cam on the ragin cajun web site. http://www.ragincajuns.com/ just click on watch cajun field transform before your eyes on the right hand side. I still have no official word on what the brand name is. I was told that it was proturf, however another poster in a different thread said he was told it was field turf, and billy still thinks its prograss. Whatever it is one thing is for sure. It will look better then what we presently have.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Chemicals for Stadium Washing a Concern for New Turf?

Just wondering if the Administration thought about and/or inquired about any chemicals that will be used down the line when cleaning(pressure washing) the stadium and its effects on the Turf.

Even wonder about the runoff if NO chemicals are used to wash only to seal the stadium.

Anyone know?
    DaddyCajun

Default Re: Chemicals for Stadium Washing a Concern for New Turf?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Just wondering if the Administration thought about...

Foresight, just one of the services we fail at.

Default New Ragin Cajun Football Turf Question

Who paid for it or where did the funds come from?

Frenchie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: New Ragin Cajun Football Turf Question

Just loose change the University had. An outgoing gift form Dr. A.......

Thanks Frenchie but if the university had loose change in that amount... wouldn't it have made sense to rent a pressure washer a few years ago to clean up the stadium for the new orleans bowl?

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Who paid for it or where did the funds come from? _
    I think we used the Bush Economic Stimulus Tax Rebate to fund the turf. And as to why we did not pressure wash prior to the New Orleans bowl... it was requested that the NO Bowl at Cajun Field have as similar an atmosphere as was in New Orleans. We didn't wash up, but we did pour 2000 gallons of urine and beer around the stadium 2 days prior to the game to secure the ambience of the Big Easy.

that would explain the male bathrooms at Cajun Field

I believe that it was the university that paid for the project and the cost is around 750000.00 to 800000.00. It was approved by Doc A

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15