_ _ _ _

Thread: Booing Beats Snoozing - Opponents Rear View Mirror UL vs ASU

Default Booing Beats Snoozing - Opponents Rear View Mirror UL vs ASU

During one of my years as an A-State student, something strangely significant happened at the University cafeteria that has stuck with me lo these many years.

"ARKANSAS STATE…INDIANS!" screamed a voice from the center of the spacious room. I looked up from my tray of lukewarm spaghetti to discover Boston Pete standing atop a table like a crazy revolutionary. Hands held in the air like a referee signalling a touchdown, Boston Pete repeated himself with an overly-patient tone one usually reserves for 5-year-olds.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Booing Beats Snoozing - Opponents Rear View Mirror UL vs ASU

This story is spot on. It also shows why our fans feel such kinship for ASU fans. We have suffered together.

Yes and believe me, there are parallels. I don't think ASU story has been told, but what will happen to our program when HUD leaves?

Yes, there are those who would rejoice and say: "That's what you get for flying too close to the sun."

And sadly, as we have seen the last few days, some of those voices are in our own local media and in our own university.

I was SHOCKED - shocked but pleased - that ASU punted on 4th down at mid field - down by 2 tds and only 9 minutes left.
    What was that coach thinking?
    We had at that time just eaten up 14 minutes on two possessions in the 3d quarter. Now that his defense was tired, did he really think they had a chance at 4 and out for the Cajuns to get the ball back with - what - 6 minutes left?

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    I was SHOCKED - shocked but pleased - that ASU punted on 4th down at mid field - down by 2 tds and only 9 minutes left.
    What was that coach thinking?
    We had at that time just eaten up 14 minutes on two possessions in the 3d quarter. Now that his defense was tired, did he really think they had a chance at 4 and out for the Cajuns to get the ball back with - what - 6 minutes left?
    You go for it and don't get it... Game over... 9minutes is a long time for 2 scores....6 minutes, 3 scores... Not so much. You have to hope your defense can come up with a big play or a stop. I think he did the right thing IMO

It's amazing how closely the two programs parallel each other. You could have swapped some UL's for A State's and changed the locations of a few events, and this article could have been written by a Cajuns fan. I hope that if 1 school leaves the Belt for greener pastures, it's UL. If 2 schools leave, I would hope A State would follow us because I would love to keep the rivalry going.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Take notes my fellow Cajun fans....keep it humble, except making the hoax say our name in November....