_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 1157

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    While I agree with this; remember that two years ago, T-Joe made us change the Scoreboard in Cajun Field from 'Louisiana vs ULM' to 'Cajuns vs Warhawks', at the request of the President of ULM. If that happens again this year, at least part of our problem still lives in Martin Hall. Maybe we should be sending emails to president@louisiana.edu as well as to benson@sunbeltsports.org. Emailing ESPN is pointless; they aren't changing until the Conference tells them to. At least they finally came clean as to the real reason.
    I don't know what T-Joe's motives were, but if there is one person you don't want to rub the wrong way about the name issue, it's the ULM president. He's the one guy who is in a position to raise a huge fuss over it and get sympathy from the North Louisiana delegation. One small piece of legislation that says no university can call themselves by the nickname "Louisiana" could stamp out everything we've worked for. It's not like it hasn't happened before. T-Joe has to play politics.

    On a personal note, I've heard the guy speak many times, and I don't think anyone can question where he stands on the name issue.


    Oh and as far as Benson is concerned, we evidently know where he stands on the issue. F*** him. Flood the mans email with name questions. Hell, while you're at it forward all your _____ enlargement and Nigerian prince spam to him too.

  2. #62
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,908

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    While I agree with this; remember that two years ago, T-Joe made us change the Scoreboard in Cajun Field from 'Louisiana vs ULM' to 'Cajuns vs Warhawks', at the request of the President of ULM. If that happens again this year, at least part of our problem still lives in Martin Hall. Maybe we should be sending emails to president@louisiana.edu as well as to benson@sunbeltsports.org. Emailing ESPN is pointless; they aren't changing until the Conference tells them to. At least they finally came clean as to the real reason.
    I would encourage everyone to email Mr. Benson on this matter (benson@sunbeltsports.org). Remember....according to State law we cannot officially promote ourselves as The University of Louisiana. The angle to take on this is Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns or Ragin Cajuns. This is legal. Please be respectful. No one is more aggravated about this then me. But being upset is no reason to be disrespectful. Yes we are trying to leave this Conference. But lets try some Ragin' Cajun charm on folks while we do try to leave.

  3. #63
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,787

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    We need the announcers to inform us of who, by name, has ULM and the SBC effectively contacted at ESPN. We don't need the contact info of those that don't make decisions. Who, specifically, makes the decisions at ESPN wrt our broadcast athletic nickname?

    If that individual confirms that it's the SBC... we need to organize around T-Joe and force a plan that both he commits to, and we commit to. Karl Benson and the SBC do not tell us what our athletic nickname is. If we say to ESPN that we call ourselves the "Louisiana Ragin Cajuns", that is what we should be called during our broadcasts.
    While I totally agree with you in principal; the fact remains that ESPN has a contract with the Sun Belt Conference, not with us. Our President, with our total support, needs to tell Benson in no uncertain terms that neither he, nor any other entity in the conference has any right to dictate our branding; and that, in fact, it is the DUTY of the conference to support us in our branding initiative, exactly as it is their job to do so with every other school in the conference. It should be very clear that we will do whatever is necessary to achieve our branding goals, even to the extent of leaving the conference and taking the New Orleans Bowl with us.

    We have leverage with the conference as its cash cow in football, and its leading brand identifier in both softball and baseball. The basketball cash cow is leaving, and we can take that role as well. Benson needs to be made to understand that by caving to ULM, he is placing the conference at risk of losing substantial revenue and brand identification.

  4. #64
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,666

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    The Sun Belt banned me from following them because I kept saying "We Are LOUISIANA"


  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    My .02, that is the best we can hope for. For now.....

    We need to work on the SBC is where our true issue is.
    This is why the SID's efforts to lecture and embarrass ESPN were an exercise in futility! He of all people knows the Sun Belt Conference office edits all of his releases to Louisiana-Lafayette, yet his memo was to ESPN. All he did was emboldening their stance and embarrass this university while motivating the ULM insurgents to increase their rhetoric because he actually used "The University of Louisiana".

    The daily rags local beat writer is a Benson worshiper that actually thinks he is doing a great job. Because Benson grants him interviews, don't expect any hard driven questions from him on the subject.

  6. #66
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Don't put words in my mouth.

    I'm pretty sure everyone but you understood that I was talking about not attacking the announcers for listening to their bosses. All it will do is ____ them off and make them Lafayette us more often out of spite.

    A few of us did tweet him and ask him to use Ragin Cajuns instead of la-Lafayette. He said he understood our frustration and he'd use that more often.

    This has been par for the course since ULM joined the conference 10 years ago. I promise ULM fan emails had nothing to do with it and emails from us won't change it. ESPN is well aware of what we want to be called and they refuse to do it because they don't do business with us. But they do do business with our conference and they are trying to respect the wishes of their business partner by calling us La Lafayette. With ESPN it's not our fight. It's up to the administration, to convince the conference, to convince ESPN.
    Bull. Given the numerous ever-changing explanations given by those announcers it isn't just their bosses they are hearing from. So what if we ____ them off by flooding them with e-mails? They are already ignoring our wishes so lets just keep reminding them of how much they ____ us off

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,870

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    While I totally agree with you in principal; the fact remains that ESPN has a contract with the Sun Belt Conference, not with us. Our President, with our total support, needs to tell Benson in no uncertain terms that neither he, nor any other entity in the conference has any right to dictate our branding; and that, in fact, it is the DUTY of the conference to support us in our branding initiative, exactly as it is their job to do so with every other school in the conference. It should be very clear that we will do whatever is necessary to achieve our branding goals, even to the extent of leaving the conference and taking the New Orleans Bowl with us.

    We have leverage with the conference as its cash cow in football, and its leading brand identifier in both softball and baseball. The basketball cash cow is leaving, and we can take that role as well. Benson needs to be made to understand that by caving to ULM, he is placing the conference at risk of losing substantial revenue and brand identification.
    Bravo sire! Very well said....I am sending my emails out to day to every party I can think of. I think every little bit helps.

  8. #68
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    I emailed t-joe with a link to thus discussion to make him aware that ESPN is blaming ulm and the conference for their refusal to follow our SID's press release on how to refer to our teams. I urged him to contact Benson and get this straightened out once and for all and lay down the law that ulm doesn't dictate how we are referenced. I also urged him not to cave on the scoreboard issue as VO pointed out.

    I suggest others email him so he sees this is not isolated to one fan


  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I emailed t-joe with a link to thus discussion to make him aware that ESPN is blaming ulm and the conference for their refusal to follow our SID's press release on how to refer to our teams. I urged him to contact Benson and get this straightened out once and for all and lay down the law that ulm doesn't dictate how we are referenced. I also urged him not to cave on the scoreboard issue as VO pointed out.

    I suggest others email him so he sees this is not isolated to one fan
    Good luck with that Hammer!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I would encourage everyone to email Mr. Benson on this matter (benson@sunbeltsports.org). Remember....according to State law we cannot officially promote ourselves as The University of Louisiana. The angle to take on this is Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns or Ragin Cajuns. This is legal. Please be respectful. No one is more aggravated about this then me. But being upset is no reason to be disrespectful. Yes we are trying to leave this Conference. But lets try some Ragin' Cajun charm on folks while we do try to leave.
    I agree with everything that Mr. Basinbear is saying. Believe me, he knows. I would encourge everyone here to also send "very respectfull" email to Dr. Savioe on this realignment issue. It is coming up again. We need to push ahead to be in the western side of CUSA or AAC if that opportunity arrises. These issues are being discussed now. We can not take a back seat like we have been doing previously.

  11. #71
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,908

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    I am done with the Sun Belt fans....since our official Athletic branding is not honored by the fans of other member schools and by the Sun Belt itself...I will no longer post on or log onto and read anything on the CSNBBS SBC board...Call it a boycott if you will and it probably will make no difference but we need to wash our hands of that dump of a website...We are the only member that is so disrespected that these people listen to the wishes of another ****hole of a College concerning something that we have a LEGAL right to do...


  12. #72
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,908

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    I agree with everything that Mr. Basinbear is saying. Believe me, he knows. I would encourge everyone here to also send "very respectfull" email to Dr. Savioe on this realignment issue. It is coming up again. We need to push ahead to be in the western side of CUSA or AAC if that opportunity arrises. These issues are being discussed now. We can not take a back seat like we have been doing previously.
    I wish that I did know everything concerning realignment. It would be worth it to not let up on our Administration concerning realignment. Doesn't hurt to occasionally drop a like to our President and A.D. on this matter. there is no "front burner" activity concerning realignment at the present time but as everyone has found out over the last 2 years...this is when you get all of your chickens lined up. If the train again leaves the station and we are not on that train....well ....there is no way to describe the firestorm that would come down on certain folks....

  13. #73
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,517

    UL Football Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    While I totally agree with you in principal; the fact remains that ESPN has a contract with the Sun Belt Conference, not with us. Our President, with our total support, needs to tell Benson in no uncertain terms that neither he, nor any other entity in the conference has any right to dictate our branding; and that, in fact, it is the DUTY of the conference to support us in our branding initiative, exactly as it is their job to do so with every other school in the conference. It should be very clear that we will do whatever is necessary to achieve our branding goals, even to the extent of leaving the conference and taking the New Orleans Bowl with us.

    We have leverage with the conference as its cash cow in football, and its leading brand id


    entifier in both softball and baseball. The basketball cash cow is leaving, and we can take that role as well. Benson needs to be made to understand that by caving to ULM, he is placing the conference at risk of losing substantial revenue and brand identification.
    We have zero leverage. Benson knows we are adios ASAP. He will cater to the Hoax. It is like Landrieu not taking me serious. She knows my request are not those of her voters

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,614

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    1. What is T-Joe's email address? I hope we all CC our email to Benson so that he is in the loop.

    2. I agree, it needs to be AAC/Big 12 or bust. We need a specific monetary numberr from the administration to make this happen. I dont mind donating more for this clearly defined goal.

    3. Let's have a capacity crowd for ULM. This name issue needs to be our rally cry to pack Cajun Field and have chants like "WHAT'S MY NAME" and "WE ARE UL" all day long!


  15. #75
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,908

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante


  16. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Thanks

  17. #77
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,908

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    1. What is T-Joe's email address? I hope we all CC our email to Benson so that he is in the loop.

    2. I agree, it needs to be AAC/Big 12 or bust. We need a specific monetary numberr from the administration to make this happen. I dont mind donating more for this clearly defined goal.

    3. Let's have a capacity crowd for ULM. This name issue needs to be our rally cry to pack Cajun Field and have chants like "WHAT'S MY NAME" and "WE ARE UL" all day long!
    Big XII, as it is presently formed, is a very long term goal. Smallest budget in the AAC as currently formed is in the low 30 millions. I believe that is attainable. Academics will play a part but University of Memphis is presently on the same Academic level as UL as is East Carolina. Even though US News University ratings are highly subjective they are important. Gaining Tier 1 status there could help. The Athletics Master Plan which will begin construction immediately after our last home football game, winning in Football and going to a bowl game annually, getting Basketball up to speed and continuing our success in Softball and Baseball and all spring sports are key. We fans need to continue to grow the RCAF fund. Getting to 20 million+ in our athletic budget is imperative. CUSA and the AAC or even the formation of a New Conference......are our immediate goals. Big XII membership should be our long term goal...We control our own destiny.....

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Bull. Given the numerous ever-changing explanations given by those announcers it isn't just their bosses they are hearing from. So what if we ____ them off by flooding them with e-mails? They are already ignoring our wishes so lets just keep reminding them of how much they ____ us off
    It's funny that you think they'd give a damn about a handful of angry fan emails.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    The Sun Belt banned me from following them because I kept saying "We Are LOUISIANA"
    Proud of you!

  20. #80
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    It's funny that you think they'd give a damn about a handful of angry fan emails.
    Yet the commissioner caved to Hoax e-mails. Well, that's probably nit a good example considering that Benson is such a _____ to begin with.

    The truth is I don't give a damn if they care or not. Just annoy the hell out of them every time they annoy us with their name bull____.

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •