_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1157

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    I'm following orders too. Hud said grab the rope. You're either with us or against us. I'm ready to take a stand! Tired of being pushed around by others who don't know what they are talking about. Cajun Nation needs to stand up for ourselves. No shame in being passionate


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,416

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Instead of berating him, send him a couple lbs. of shrimp. Works down here.


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,319
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    ULM would rather confuse identities than promote their own.


  4. #24
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    We need to get into CUSA so that our games are on Fox Sports 1 and CSN....then tell ESPN to go **** themselves..


  5. #25

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I'd be cautious in the tone you take with those guys. They are following orders.
    You think they were also following orders clearly pulling for WKU that entire game? Ok to ask them that? How would they explain comments like, "Well you have to hope this a roughing the passer for the Hilltoppers?"

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,458

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    You think they were also following orders clearly pulling for WKU that entire game? Ok to ask them that? How would they explain comments like, "Well you have to hope this a roughing the passer for the Hilltoppers?"
    I listened to that quote. I think he meant if you are a Hilltopper, you better hope its roughing the passer. Otherwise, the game is over.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brownsville, TX
    Posts
    2,152

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    I had an inkling feeling that ULM has always had some sort of greasy hand in a lot of our name issues with ESPN.

    But good lord guys come on, don't blow this guys twitter up with the name issue. Let our friggen SID WHO WE PAY TO DO THESE SORT OF THINGS do his job. Y'all honestly think grilling these people about the name issue helps? It doesn't. Our SID kicks ___ and does his job to get the name issue taken care of. Most of the time if they ULL or LA-LAF us to death, it's because they're told they have to.


  8. #28
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,273

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Check that guys creds. He came to ESPN from ComCast homed in Nashville. He did SBC network game nuff said. Source Wikipedia.


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    I had an inkling feeling that ULM has always had some sort of greasy hand in a lot of our name issues with ESPN.

    But good lord guys come on, don't blow this guys twitter up with the name issue. Let our friggen SID WHO WE PAY TO DO THESE SORT OF THINGS do his job. Y'all honestly think grilling these people about the name issue helps? It doesn't. Our SID kicks ___ and does his job to get the name issue taken care of. Most of the time if they ULL or LA-LAF us to death, it's because they're told they have to.
    That's a legit point. So we should be blaming our SID. Apparently he is losing to ULMoanroe and I hate losing to them, at anything. And if our SID is being held back from aggressively pursuing this, then whoever is stopping him needs to have a talking too. Playing nice with ESPN has gotten us nothing, its time to bring out the big guns and show them we mean business.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,624

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Said it wasn't his choice what to call us, there are spots where he will have to use school name but will be more conscious to just refer to us as the ragin Cajuns


  11. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    15,215

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Said it wasn't his choice what to call us, there are spots where he will have to use school name but will be more conscious to just refer to us as the ragin Cajuns
    My .02, that is the best we can hope for. For now.....

    We need to work on the SBC is where our true issue is.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,243

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    I had an inkling feeling that ULM has always had some sort of greasy hand in a lot of our name issues with ESPN.

    But good lord guys come on, don't blow this guys twitter up with the name issue. Let our friggen SID WHO WE PAY TO DO THESE SORT OF THINGS do his job. Y'all honestly think grilling these people about the name issue helps? It doesn't. Our SID kicks ___ and does his job to get the name issue taken care of. Most of the time if they ULL or LA-LAF us to death, it's because they're told they have to.
    Second.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,319
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Joe works for the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network yet he can spell sports with a "Z" in his Twitter cover but he absolutely is forbidden from calling Louisiana, Louisiana?

    I doubt.


  14. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,243

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    That's a legit point. So we should be blaming our SID. Apparently he is losing to ULMoanroe and I hate losing to them, at anything. And if our SID is being held back from aggressively pursuing this, then whoever is stopping him needs to have a talking too. Playing nice with ESPN has gotten us nothing, its time to bring out the big guns and show them we mean business.
    If you want to blame the SID, you have missed a lot of memos. This dude has been very aggressive on the name issue. Unless you think he should rope into the broadcast booth like a ninja and kick Joe Davis' ___, he is doing all he can do. He wrote very clear instructions for them in the media guide and pushes it at every opportunity. Got fed up a few weeks ago and called them ES-Bristol in public.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,624

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Every time our commissioner is doing an interview or any kind of press conference our media should refer to him as Curley Henson. Just keep calling him that. The first time he corrects someone, say I know your name but I don't really care what you want to be called, so I'm gonna call you what I want. See how he answers that one.


  16. #36
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA.
    Posts
    4,692

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Hey, its good to stick with the lucky hand. I'll take em. I listened to the radio broadcast anyway while watching the game so I have no clue how good or bad they were.
    I listened to the radio broadcast as well. What was the deal with Jay and Mr. Bitter calling Justin Anderson "Baseball"? If that's his nickname, where did it come from and why??

  17. #37
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,752

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    I listened to the radio broadcast as well. What was the deal with Jay and Mr. Bitter calling Justin Anderson "Baseball"? If that's his nickname, where did it come from and why??
    Mr. Bitter???

  18. #38
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA.
    Posts
    4,692

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Mr. Bitter???
    If it wasn't Mr. Bitter on the air with Jay, it sounded like him. Now, what about the "Baseball" reference??

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,224

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    He just replied and said his bosses ordered them not to call us Louisiana
    This. Put your pitchforks down guys.

    I talked to the ESPN announcer at the New Orleans Bowl who pretty much said the same thing. This goes way above the announcer's heads. I don't know who up there is fighting us or why but it is what it is.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,224

    Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

    Actually, it looks like we know exactly who the culprit is. F*** this F****** conference! Seriously. They fight us on the name and then siphon off all our NO Bowl money. F*** them.

    From @JoeDavisESPN

    @CajunsRagin again, it's not my decision what we call you. Whole thing is driven by your conference. Don't shoot the messenger!
    @STLMORAGINCAJUN issue isn't with LSU. It's with ULM. Has nothing to do with sucking up to anybody.
    @STLMORAGINCAJUN FOX doesn't have a deal with the Sun Belt like ESPN does. Have to play by SB's rules for healthy relationship.
    @CajunsRagin @billbeck451 I'm employed by a company partnered with the sun belt.
    @billbeck451 it's not ignoring it. We're fully aware. It's all driven by the sun belt.

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •