Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: EA cancels 2014 college football game following NCAA dispute

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    46,016
    Blog Entries
    1

    NFL, NBA, MLB EA cancels 2014 college football game following NCAA dispute

    Electronic Arts recently announced they will not publish a college football game next year. EA’s GM of American Football Cam Weber revealed the news in a blog post on the subject, saying the company was evaluating their plan for the future of the franchise.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,299

    Default Re: EA cancels 2014 college football game following NCAA dispute

    Boooooo!!!!!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,095

    Default Re: EA cancels 2014 college football game following NCAA dispute

    Destruction is a form of creation...good will come of this. It has to.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    18,306
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Destruction is a form of creation...good will come of this. It has to.
    EvoDevo only works if you have a writer with access.

    EvoDevo shelfo? Not so much.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    2,078

    Default Re: EA cancels 2014 college football game following NCAA dispute

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Destruction is a form of creation...good will come of this. It has to.
    Yeah... that franchise has been stale for a while... Hopefully someone else will take it over with the next gen systems coming out

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Posts
    3,114

    Default Re: EA cancels 2014 college football game following NCAA dispute

    The franchise has been stagnant for a number of years. The only real changes have been tweeks to the Dynasty portion of the game.

    I'd like to see 2K Sports develop a college football game franchise. I think EA like many of their games just basically tweeks a few things and keeps rolling out the same game year in and year out. These games are a big money train for them.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,355

    Default Re: EA cancels 2014 college football game following NCAA dispute

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    The franchise has been stagnant for a number of years. The only real changes have been tweeks to the Dynasty portion of the game.

    I'd like to see 2K Sports develop a college football game franchise. I think EA like many of their games just basically tweeks a few things and keeps rolling out the same game year in and year out. These games are a big money train for them.
    The other side of the coin is why mess with something that is so popular and is truly a great product? Changing the game doesn't necessarily keep it fresh if you overdo it. Plus, the game did change as it adapted yearly to changing rosters of teams. To me, this was the most fun.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    18,306
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: EA cancels 2014 college football game following NCAA dispute

    Keep selling 2013 with names removed and user tweak ability enabled.

    The 2013 license is paid for.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,355

    Default Re: EA cancels 2014 college football game following NCAA dispute

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Keep selling 2013 with names removed and user tweak ability enabled.

    The 2013 license is paid for.
    There are no names

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    18,306
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: EA cancels 2014 college football game following NCAA dispute

    School names.

    They need to be removed to get around the NCAA. EA has already paid for stadium renderings.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Old Jef erson...
    Posts
    1,386

    Default Re: EA cancels 2014 college football game following NCAA dispute

    NCAA Football 14 is one of the best in recent years. Just keep playing this one and download updated rosters next year from OperationSports.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    NCAA Football 14 is one of the best in recent years. Just keep playing this one and download updated rosters next year from OperationSports.
    Does EA still have the testing lab in BR? Lots of minimum wage jobs may be cut.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •