Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25

Thread: Final: LOUISIANA ( 35 ) vs. AKRON ( 24 )

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Q4: LOUISIANA ( 35 ) vs. AKRON ( 24 )

God was kind to me today

I'm getting too old for this ____.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    All i saw was the thug from LSU A&M
    It's under the headlines between the Toledo catch and a Michigan highlight.

Did Simeon Thomas play? Sorry if discussed earlier, but I really don't feel like reading through 25 pages.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Did Simeon Thomas play? Sorry if discussed earlier, but I really don't feel like reading through 25 pages.
    I heard during the pregame radio show that he did not make the trip.

Not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I heard during the pregame radio show that he did not make the trip.

Not sure why.
    I heard stomach bug kept him out this week.

Blog Entries

1/3 of the way through the season and still has not taken the field. If Hud decides to pull his redshirt this kid must be GOOD!

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    1/3 of the way through the season and still has not taken the field. If Hud decides to pull his redshirt this kid must be GOOD!
    Before the kid was cleared Hud was asked how long into the season could we wait. He said six games, later that day he was cleared. So he is two games ahead of the Hud deadline.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Q3: LOUISIANA (14) vs. AKRON (14)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Then why is he on the field?! We have a stable of running backs. Not getting those first downs could've cost us the game.
    Have you checked the yards per carry of every rb not named Harris or Pierce against competition with a pulse?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Have you checked the yards per carry of every rb not named Harris or Pierce against competition with a pulse?
    He was obviously not 100%. Pierce and McGuire both averaged the same ypc last night. Not saying bench him for the season. Get him healthy for conference play. Last night could have been costly.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We have a bye week. Hopefully he can get well.

UL Football Re: Q4: LOUISIANA ( 35 ) vs. AKRON ( 24 )

The Akron press is all up in arms about the trick play that won the game. LOL, I guess Terry is still learning.

Absolutely no way to know who wins this game if it failed, but the truth is we had a four point lead late in the game.

Their press loving louisiana-lafaytte. Good gracious it is great to be hated. Too often in the past we needed to be gracious.

Special teams worry me, besides all the other obvious areas needing improvement. A game winning field goal in a regular season game or even a last second FG for a bowl win doesn't bode well for my central nervous system.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308 View Post
    Special teams worry me, besides all the other obvious areas needing improvement. A game winning field goal in a regular season game or even a last second FG for a bowl win doesn't bode well for my central nervous system.
    I know what you mean. I told Hud the other day, "Get ahead early and often and outscore everyone by double digits from start to finish. I want everyone asking the referees to run clock the second half against us, and just throw in the towel. That includes our "money games". Do you understand me, Hud?!". My Hud poster, as usual, just stared down on me with those intense eyes. I quickly looked down and away... and whispered an apology.

Blog Entries

Nice to see Devin Figero finally get involved. He made a few big catches last night.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Our offense is deadly deadly personnel-wise. If we call good play sequences consistently... we're deadly deadly. Our coaching staff needs to watch film for personal criticism... not player criticism. We have to make better decisions in the red zone. We shouldn't have had to settle for a field goal attempt or a fake field goal attempt against Akron. TB is made for play action. Use him that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Our offense is deadly deadly personnel-wise. If we call good play sequences consistently... we're deadly deadly. Our coaching staff needs to watch film for personal criticism... not player criticism. We have to make better decisions in the red zone. We shouldn't have had to settle for a field goal attempt or a fake field goal attempt against Akron. TB is made for play action. Use him that way.
    Agree. We don't use our tight ends nearly enough either.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I heard stomach bug kept him out this week.
    He was dressed on the sideline to play only is needed.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Final: LOUISIANA ( 35 ) vs. AKRON ( 24 )

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    Agree. We don't use our tight ends nearly enough either.
    Is Maxwell hurt? We had that one completion to Thompson last night, but our TEs have been relegated to blocking assignments. We've done well offensively without the TE catching threat in these past two contests, but I am massively confident in the successful TE over the middle literally shattering most defensive unit coverages. Our WRs were spectacular last night and it was a non issue. I'm not sure if Akron represents a middle or a low middle SBC foe. It actually looks like our SBC opponents are weaker this year, on balance. I don't want our team to think so, but we might have a good a chance of running the table with the SBC this year. Way way too early to tell... I know... but if our D can sharpen up... and our offensive play sequences go intelligently... we are much better than we've shown. I am not about leaving it to the shoe of a field goal kicker anyway... so let's run a high octane touchdown machine and put an SBC championship trophy in the case!

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25