Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Enrollment Up

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Enrollment Up

Agree. Plus they move into a tougher academic system. Those kids are flocking to Delgado & Nunez.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

So the UL system is an upgrade for THEM.

We have over 1300 majors JUST in Kinesiology with more switching over everyday...with our new masters program, we are actually a little concerned we won't be able to handle the steady influx unless they let us hire frozen positions. I figure its a better problem to have than low numbers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajunatc View Post
    We have over 1300 majors JUST in Kinesiology with more switching over everyday...with our new masters program, we are actually a little concerned we won't be able to handle the steady influx unless they let us hire frozen positions. I figure its a better problem to have than low numbers.
    At what point does new enrollment help pay for new Professors?

that is not how it works unfortunately.."get her done"

Always heard about Dr. Zappi and had a chance to listen to him speak today at the Career Fair. I am very impressed with his drive and passion to grow the College of Engineering. After hearing him speak, I wanted to enroll in one of the engineering programs and I was there to recruit.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Damn I got 2 engineering kids coming in on the 5th of OCT for a visit --need to get them Zapped!! Is there any chance there would be a video of his talk???

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Always heard about Dr. Zappi and had a chance to listen to him speak today at the Career Fair. I am very impressed with his drive and passion to grow the College of Engineering. After hearing him speak, I wanted to enroll in one of the engineering programs and I was there to recruit.
    I equate Zappi to the Wingerter of engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Damn I got 2 engineering kids coming in on the 5th of OCT for a visit --need to get them Zapped!! Is there any chance there would be a video of his talk???
    Get Zapped, lol I love it

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    I equate Zappi to the Wingerter of engineering.
    +1....very passionate

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

College of Engineering has over 2100 students now. Typically, many of the freshman in this discipline switch after a year or two. That may not happen as frequently now as the average ACT of the incoming students in this discipline is in the mid 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    College of Engineering has over 2100 students now. Typically, many of the freshman in this discipline switch after a year or two. That may not happen as frequently now as the average ACT of the incoming students in this discipline is in the mid 20's.
    I am a senior in Electrical Engineering, I cant speak for the other Engineers but after one semester the number of EE students drops about 30% and after first year another 30% drop. So typically after just one year in EE we have only about 40% of students that originally started

They also raised admission standards and expeled current students who had less than a 2.0. I do not think anyone ever cared about sports at UNO.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not unexpected after they blew up their front porch.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

LTUR enrollment decreased by 2% last year--any idea for 2013???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    They also raised admission standards and expeled current students who had less than a 2.0. I do not think anyone ever cared about sports at UNO.
    It has little to do with real caring.

Athletics is your advertising arm that ensures they have heard about you before enrollment is the topic.

Athletics breeds familiarity even if by osmosis, familiarity steers towards enrolling.

jmo

Louisiana Tech total enrollment down 3% this year despite 20% increase in freshmen.
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...man-enrollment

Quote Originally Posted by NOLACajun View Post
    Louisiana Tech total enrollment down 3% this year despite 20% increase in freshmen.
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...man-enrollment
    I think LTUR is counting a 3% decresse in the number of teeth of the total enrollment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    I think LTUR is counting a 3% decresse in the number of teeth of the total enrollment.
    So you're saying that highly successful & intelligent people have LESS teeth?!? Hmmm, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    So you're saying that highly successful & intelligent people have LESS teeth?!? Hmmm, interesting.
    Shouldn't you be trying to raise money to buy out Skippy's contract??????

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    LOL nice try.....but no cigar

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast