Thread: 4 man front

Default 4 man front

After ther first half when we got absolutely zero pressure and couldn't stop the run, it looked like we came out in a four man front in the second half once we actually got to put a defense out there(kick off return/punt return). I know k state went vanilla but it seemed like we were able to anchor down the ends a little bit more. Does anyone think we see a four man front from here on out. That 3 man got us embarrassed two weeks in a row.

P.s. we obviously have to have our corners not turn an bail on the snap when they are already off the ball 8-9 yards.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 4 man front

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    After ther first half when we got absolutely zero pressure and couldn't stop the run, it looked like we came out in a four man front in the second half once we actually got to put a defense out there(kick off return/punt return). I know k state went vanilla but it seemed like we were able to anchor down the ends a little bit more. Does anyone think we see a four man front from here on out. That 3 man got us embarrassed two weeks in a row.

that 3 man d line screwed us last year// we need a 4 man front as we have no linebackers for the 3 man front

P.s. we obviously have to have our corners not turn an bail on the snap when they are already off the ball 8-9 yards.

We also did it knowing they were going to run the ball a lot more in the second half but yes, I think you're going to see it more. The problem is that we don't have a true pass rusher though so we need to be more concerned about who will be able to step up in that department

After Arkansas burned is for 250 on the ground we knew k-state would run it in the first half too

After Arkansas burned is for 250 on the ground we knew k-state would run it in the first half too
    Uh, K-State passed the ball a lot more in the first half than they ran the ball. Their QB threw for well over 200 in the first half

It was more like 190, but that's what my ps above was there for

It was more like 190, but that's what my ps above was there for
    I don't guess I know what your point was because they came up passing the ball more in the first half than the second. I don't have first or second half statistics but I know that their QB did all his damage in the first half and Lockett had all of his receptions and yards in the first half.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Regardless, we should have been playing up on KSU from the start. The entire nonsense last week about our secondary letting everyone get behind them wasn't "solved" and never should have been focused on. They are athletes more than they are NFL "stylistic" CBs and safeties. I could not believe we had them dropped back 10 yards off the line... only to back pedal, turn and sprint to remain in a 10-12 yard cushion. Dumber than dumb.

As for the 3-4 or 4-3... that's a joke. It doesn't matter. It matters if our athletes get taught to shed blocks and tackle. And somewhere in that player personnel, can our coaches find and teach an athlete or two how to bullet through a gap and mess up an opponent's pristine backfield?!

I blame the loss on our opponents the past two weeks. I blame our lack of a closer contest on our coaches. I'd sure like to hear them stop pointing to some new arrangement of secondary players, and start reconsidering some coaching basics that every other program had on display these past two weeks, short the Cajuns.

And who exactly personally works with Terrance. Whoever helped prepare him these past two weeks didn't help Terrance one bit... unless the objective was to only focus on the speed and activity level that will come AFTER game two. He should have been operating knowing he had 1.2 seconds in the QB nest before all the eggs around him were going to crack. Was that a surprise to our staff?

Oh well... we got our national "I sure wish we'd upset someone" games behind us. On to the significant drop in opponents. This staff has proven to be capable of beating a lot of lesser programs, sometimes by the hair on their chinny chin chins. I guess we can hope for more of that.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: 4 man front

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Regardless, we should have been playing up on KSU from the start. The entire nonsense last week about our secondary letting everyone get behind them wasn't "solved" and never should have been focused on. They are athletes more than they are NFL "stylistic" CBs and safeties. I could not believe we had them dropped back 10 yards off the line... only to back pedal, turn and sprint to remain in a 10-12 yard cushion. Dumber than dumb.

As for the 3-4 or 4-3... that's a joke. It doesn't matter. It matters if our athletes get taught to shed blocks and tackle. And somewhere in that player personnel, can our coaches find and teach an athlete or two how to bullet through a gap and mess up an opponent's pristine backfield?!

I blame the loss on our opponents the past two weeks. I blame our lack of a closer contest on our coaches. I'd sure like to hear them stop pointing to some new arrangement of secondary players, and start reconsidering some coaching basics that every other program had on display these past two weeks, short the Cajuns.

And who exactly personally works with Terrance. Whoever helped prepare him these past two weeks didn't help Terrance one bit... unless the objective was to only focus on the speed and activity level that will come AFTER game two. He should have been operating knowing he had 1.2 seconds in the QB nest before all the eggs around him were going to crack. Was that a surprise to our staff?

Oh well... we got our national "I sure wish we'd upset someone" games behind us. On to the significant drop in opponents. This staff has proven to be capable of beating a lot of lesser programs, sometimes by the hair on their chinny chin chins. I guess we can hope for more of that.
    Ouch! I think we are ahead in recruiting/talent on the Offensive side of the ball but our Offense is NOT focused and NOT playing but maybe half the game! Defensive talent is lagging behind the Offense talent on this team and it has showed the past few years as well. For our defense to catch up this year is a reach, but hopefully they will get better, get and stay in position to make plays and be more consistent. Offense MUST take the pressure off this YOUNG Defense and control the game more to keep our Defense off the field so when D gets on the field they will be as fresh as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

I have to agree. Playing that far off is ridiculous. A decent High School quarterback could have made those throws to the sidelines. We made it WAY to easy for them. Columbus took a chance and he made it. Are we really THAT weak in the secondary? Its not practical to play that far off. I think we lose both games due to the loss of our two tackles and not having Peoples and White however, life goes on and we have to adjust. Our tackles played better but I'm not sure Surgent is the best choice for Peoples replacement. I think Butler would be better because he has better hands. Surgent should return all Kicks. Or maybe try to break in the westbank kid they are so high on ( I think Scott is his name). To early to judge Willis. He just got here and plus we have not recruited for a 3/4 defense. You have to have different skills to run that defense no matter what Hud thinks! Time and experience will help We need to work this week on two things: catching & securing the ball and take everyboby playing on the right side of the defensive line including linebackers and put them on the left side. We may also have to change out some Lineman and linebackers on the right side after we do that. Last point - There is some defensive lineman or linebacker the has got his head completely up his butt currently playing on the left side. He continuously charges directly into the right side offensive line, gets hung up and leaves a 7 yd open run lane for the opposing teams running back to get 7 yds a play before the secondary can react - IT"S NUTS!!! You have to play more outside and make their o-line step out to you or be strong enough to get off the block when you see the back is going wide. Call it setting the edge or whatever you want but don't play patty cake with the o-line all game. Bye.