_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BCS Chances for Louisiana

Default BCS Chances for Louisiana

I know they would never put an undefeated Louisiana team in the BCS National Championship.
    Say: Louisiana goes undefeated this year.
    What do you think if any are our chances to make a BCS Bowl game?

Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

5%

80%

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I know they would never put an undefeated Louisiana team in the BCS National Championship.
    Say: Louisiana goes undefeated this year.
    What do you think if any are our chances to make a BCS Bowl game?
    If we beat Ark, K-state, and beat everyone else? Many teams have been BCS busters doing less. So I'd say a very good chance. Reality? Lets beat Arkansas first and go from there!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

ONE

GAME

AT

A

TIME!!!

One game at a time is a great idea. If we do run the table though, a BCS bowl is a lock in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCajun View Post
    One game at a time is a great idea. If we do run the table though, a BCS bowl is a lock in my opinion.
    depends, has anyone else outside of the current BCS conferences also ended the season undefeated like a Boise St?

Well as a Cubs fan I'm into dreaming, so I like this post. UL would absolutely make a BCS bowl! NIU out of the MAC did last year even with a loss to Iowa (4-8).

DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarine81 View Post
    If we beat Ark, K-state, and beat everyone else? Many teams have been BCS busters doing less. So I'd say a very good chance. Reality? Lets beat Arkansas first and go from there!
    This. All the BCS talk was nice when we had no actual football to talk about. Now that the season is upon us, I'm getting anxious about beating Arkansas.

It would all depend on what arkansas, Kansas state ands the rest of our schedule did outside of their losses to us. If our entire schedule has 20 wins total...no. If we beat 6 bowl eligible teams....then we have a chance.

Blog Entries

Chances? All in

IF undefeated, I say 85% chance we are in BCS. The 15% would be if K state, Ark, ULM all turned out to be horrible teams

If the Cajuns beat Arkansas and Kansas State, my expectation is they should go undefeated. Then it all depends on rankings (if high enough to be eligible for a BCS bowl) or they have to be ranked higher than one BCS conference champ. (which I believe also makes then eligible for BCS). If they lose only one game, I don't think BCS chances are there.

Let's work on winning the first game of the season and go from there.

I still remember the '06 season thread, after we beat FIU on national TV, a thread was started asking if we had to accept NOLA Bowl and take a "better" bowl instead.

We finished the season 6-6 and didn't get a single invite.

Let's win Game 1.

This type conversation would be great if it were November and we were undefeated. But it's not and we are not, so I'm for concentrating on the game at hand, tomorrows butt kicking of Arkansas!

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

I have zero problem with fans asking this, even the fifty TooLame fans, or the hundred FIU fans. It is part of the non BCS programs, preseason hopes and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I have zero problem with fans asking this, even the fifty TooLame fans, or the hundred FIU fans. It is part of the non BCS programs, preseason hopes and dreams.
    To me it's timing, I think it's great summer talk, but it's silly to talk about it the day before the 1st game.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    To me it's timing, I think it's great summer talk, but it's silly to talk about it the day before the 1st game.
    Because as a fan I need to be completely focused on tomorrow. S hit I'm at work and getting stuff ready for next week and I will miss the flight. Hope the team can pull out a miracle with me not there. Oh how ever will they do it?
    Give me a break

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    Because as a fan I need to be completely focused on tomorrow. S hit I'm at work and getting stuff ready for next week and I will miss the flight. Hope the team can pull out a miracle with me not there. Oh how ever will they do it?
    Give me a break
    I never said it impacted the game in any way, I said it's silly, but now you are sounding stupid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast