_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: BCS Chances for Louisiana

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,908

    Default BCS Chances for Louisiana

    I know they would never put an undefeated Louisiana team in the BCS National Championship.
    Say: Louisiana goes undefeated this year.
    What do you think if any are our chances to make a BCS Bowl game?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    4,430

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    5%


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,344

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    80%


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Meaux, La.
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I know they would never put an undefeated Louisiana team in the BCS National Championship.
    Say: Louisiana goes undefeated this year.
    What do you think if any are our chances to make a BCS Bowl game?
    If we beat Ark, K-state, and beat everyone else? Many teams have been BCS busters doing less. So I'd say a very good chance. Reality? Lets beat Arkansas first and go from there!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA.
    Posts
    4,750

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    ONE



    GAME



    AT



    A



    TIME!!!




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Carencro
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    One game at a time is a great idea. If we do run the table though, a BCS bowl is a lock in my opinion.


  7. #7

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCajun View Post
    One game at a time is a great idea. If we do run the table though, a BCS bowl is a lock in my opinion.
    depends, has anyone else outside of the current BCS conferences also ended the season undefeated like a Boise St?

  8. #8

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    Well as a Cubs fan I'm into dreaming, so I like this post. UL would absolutely make a BCS bowl! NIU out of the MAC did last year even with a loss to Iowa (4-8).


  9. #9
    DieHard1280's Avatar
    DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    5,350

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarine81 View Post
    If we beat Ark, K-state, and beat everyone else? Many teams have been BCS busters doing less. So I'd say a very good chance. Reality? Lets beat Arkansas first and go from there!
    This. All the BCS talk was nice when we had no actual football to talk about. Now that the season is upon us, I'm getting anxious about beating Arkansas.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,961

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    It would all depend on what arkansas, Kansas state ands the rest of our schedule did outside of their losses to us. If our entire schedule has 20 wins total...no. If we beat 6 bowl eligible teams....then we have a chance.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    2,410
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    Chances? All in


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    IF undefeated, I say 85% chance we are in BCS. The 15% would be if K state, Ark, ULM all turned out to be horrible teams


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Humble, TX
    Posts
    1,861

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    If the Cajuns beat Arkansas and Kansas State, my expectation is they should go undefeated. Then it all depends on rankings (if high enough to be eligible for a BCS bowl) or they have to be ranked higher than one BCS conference champ. (which I believe also makes then eligible for BCS). If they lose only one game, I don't think BCS chances are there.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    3,026

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    Let's work on winning the first game of the season and go from there.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    3,026

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    I still remember the '06 season thread, after we beat FIU on national TV, a thread was started asking if we had to accept NOLA Bowl and take a "better" bowl instead.

    We finished the season 6-6 and didn't get a single invite.

    Let's win Game 1.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,009

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    This type conversation would be great if it were November and we were undefeated. But it's not and we are not, so I'm for concentrating on the game at hand, tomorrows butt kicking of Arkansas!


  17. #17
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,929

    UL Football Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    I have zero problem with fans asking this, even the fifty TooLame fans, or the hundred FIU fans. It is part of the non BCS programs, preseason hopes and dreams.


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,009

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I have zero problem with fans asking this, even the fifty TooLame fans, or the hundred FIU fans. It is part of the non BCS programs, preseason hopes and dreams.
    To me it's timing, I think it's great summer talk, but it's silly to talk about it the day before the 1st game.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    To me it's timing, I think it's great summer talk, but it's silly to talk about it the day before the 1st game.
    Because as a fan I need to be completely focused on tomorrow. S hit I'm at work and getting stuff ready for next week and I will miss the flight. Hope the team can pull out a miracle with me not there. Oh how ever will they do it?
    Give me a break

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,009

    Default Re: BCS Chances for Louisiana

    Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    Because as a fan I need to be completely focused on tomorrow. S hit I'm at work and getting stuff ready for next week and I will miss the flight. Hope the team can pull out a miracle with me not there. Oh how ever will they do it?
    Give me a break
    I never said it impacted the game in any way, I said it's silly, but now you are sounding stupid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •