Thread: Athletic Foundation?

UL Football Athletic Foundation?

I'm kinda new here, I don't know if this has been discussed or if it is a touchy subject but why hasn't UL tried to start an Athletic Foundation to raise more money for the program?

Default Re: Athletic Foundation?

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    I'm kinda new here, I don't know if this has been discussed or if it is a touchy subject but why hasn't UL tried to start an Athletic Foundation to raise more money for the program?
    It HAS been discussed ad nauseum. Virtually everyone on this board supports the implementation of such a foundation. It has been held off, according to most here, by Prez Authement. There is currently the UL Foundation which has primarily an academic bent. It has been stated that athletic giving can go through that group, but most feel it is inadequate in its present structure to perform as a top-flight athletic fund-raiser. JMO

I see

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ It HAS been discussed ad nauseum. Virtually everyone on this board supports the implementation of such a foundation. It has been held off, according to most here, by Prez Authement. There is currently the UL Foundation which has primarily an academic bent. It has been stated that athletic giving can go through that group, but most feel it is inadequate in its present structure to perform as a top-flight athletic fund-raiser. JMO _
    www.uoflgifts.com

Until UL gets an AF outside of school control any money donated is just a shell game, you can't trust "pun" where the moeny goes. That is just my opinion, I have a very good friend who disagrees with me.

_ I'm kinda new here, I don't know if this has been discussed or if it is a touchy subject but why hasn't UL tried to start an Athletic Foundation to raise more money for the program? _
    At the QuarterBack Club meeting last Monday, Gerald Hebert spoke about the groundwork being started on the the UL Athletic Foundation. From what I remember, Mr Ed Domingue and some other members are spearheading the start of this foundation. If Mr Domingue is involved, I believe it will happen.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Athletic Foundation?

_ I'm kinda new here, I don't know if this has been discussed or if it is a touchy subject but why hasn't UL tried to start an Athletic Foundation to raise more money for the program? _
    Actually, the UL Foundation does have an arm that is specific for Athletics and is overseen by the UL Foundation represenatives. Dr A said it would be a waste of money to have two seperate boards watching over seperate money.

That is his view but yes he is on his way out.

What has been started is the Differance Makers, which is very similar to how the TAF was started. We are made up of Business Owners, Doctors, Lawyers, Bankers,Senators, Represenatiives, Physical Therapist, Nurses, and ordinary joes. We basically help Gerald take care of funding, donating and/or coordinating completion of smaller projects. This Difference Makers group WILL become UL's version of the TAF once it is fully developed!

To Join Call Gerald Hebert @ 337-962-0296
    DaddyCajun