Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Acadiana Area Money

Default Re: Acadiana Area Money

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    From the looks of the sheriff sale site...Youngsville is not booming anymore.
    Housing starts in Youngsville is still moving at a high pace. It is booming on that angle

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Housing starts in Youngsville is still moving at a high pace. It is booming on that angle
    When foreclosures start to rise...and construction continues unabated...the tension on the bubble becomes immense...and soon...POP. A bursting of the housing market bubble in Youngsville would have far reaching affects on the entire Acadiana area. They would be wise to stem the tide, scale back their operations, and let the market set the pace. Instead...watch them run it into the ground. Bush era economics make me cringe.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

... Bush/Obama era economics make me cringe.
    Fixed it for you.

When foreclosures start to rise...and construction continues unabated...the tension on the bubble becomes immense...and soon...POP. A bursting of the housing market bubble in Youngsville would have far reaching affects on the entire Acadiana area. They would be wise to stem the tide, scale back their operations, and let the market set the pace. Instead...watch them run it into the ground. Bush era economics make me cringe.
    Yes, bubbles were invented in the Bush era.

Obama era economics make me cringe.
    Fixed it one more time!!!! LOL!!!

Color me uninformed. I thought they only sold the Ad Valorem tax receivable. I was basing that off of the work I did with the Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff's office. Lafayette is a different animal.
    Movable and Real Estate are sold at these sales.

Sheriff\'s Office Civil Sale Request Notice

As you\'ve requested, this notice has been sent to inform you of a new sale request posted to the Sheriff\'s Office website.

Sale Location: 2nd Floor 1010 Lafayette Street

Sale Date: 07/24/2013

Sale Description: Sheriffs Sale

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Yes, bubbles were invented in the Bush era.
    Complete and utter disdain for market economics took center stage during Bush's term in office. And yes it has continued under the current administration with wanton disregard for market forces. I just love to throw a pot shot at the only president ever elected to be such a fan of nose candy. I like how no one tried to argue any point I made prior to the partisan pot shot. Shows where the majority of you sheep's heads are at.

Complete and utter disdain for market economics took center stage during Bush's term in office. And yes it has continued under the current administration with wanton disregard for market forces. I just love to throw a pot shot at the only president ever elected to be such a fan of nose candy. I like how no one tried to argue any point I made prior to the partisan pot shot. Shows where the majority of you sheep's heads are at.
    Yes, and the tech bubble was Bush's fault, and CRA was Bush's fault also, RIGHT? Clinton and CRA did more to destroy the housing market than anything. ACORN use to file protest against every bank merger announced coutrywide in order to extort cash and unwarrented home loans from the banks to allow mergers to go through. The result?, large numbers of home buyers no where near capable of paying for homes, negative amortization home loans, interest only home loans, followed by lots and lots of foreclosures. These cycles usually take 7 to 10 years to play out and poof, the housing collapse.

Irresponsible governance has been around for a very long time, only now we have an administration willing to violate the constitution and break the law repeatedly, like its his own candy store. PLEASE send this thread to he trash pile. Cajunhawk too doped up on sugar from the coolaid...

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

let's not forget that even though there were close to 20 written warnings by the Bush administration we had testimony from the chairmen of the House and Senate committees that all was well with F-Mae and F-Mac

-I can still see the Videos of Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and their saying all was well and there was nothing to worry about---The damn thing put this country and its savings back 10 years and worse got the dumbest president as far as knowledge of the private sector ever!!!

He has no education in business as far as we know---he has NO experience ---and he has surrounded himself with the least # of advisors from the private business community ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garmen View Post
    Yes, and the tech bubble was Bush's fault, and CRA was Bush's fault also, RIGHT? Clinton and CRA did more to destroy the housing market than anything. ACORN use to file protest against every bank merger announced coutrywide in order to extort cash and unwarrented home loans from the banks to allow mergers to go through. The result?, large numbers of home buyers no where near capable of paying for homes, negative amortization home loans, interest only home loans, followed by lots and lots of foreclosures. These cycles usually take 7 to 10 years to play out and poof, the housing collapse.
    Time out there pal...don't blame ACORN for the mess the banks got themselves into. That's just trying to gloss over the fact that they went out of their way to lend money to people who couldn't afford it. Watch "The Queen of Versailles", and realize that ACORN had no part in this, regardless of what Rush told you.

The deregulation of the Financial Sector did not happen until 1999 by a Republican Congress. That has done more to fuel the bubble bursting affects than anything Clinton or Obama could have done, and it was not done out of Partisan ____ing contests...it was a backdoor money deal that would have happened regardless of who held the control of Congress. 7 years sounds about right. Toss in the madness that is rampant oil speculation and what you have is an economy based on "____ you-get money" principles.

Irresponsible governance has been around for a very long time, only now we have an administration willing to violate the constitution and break the law repeatedly, like its his own candy store. PLEASE send this thread to he trash pile. Cajunhawk too doped up on sugar from the coolaid...
    Only now? Didn't Richard Nixon say it was perfectly OK for the President to break the law? Wasn't that on National TV? Obama is nothing new to DC my friend. If you think this is new...you need to stop listening to Rush, and unscrew your head from your ___. Please tell me how the Patriot Act wasn't an infringement on the constitution. I would love to know how unlawful search and seizure being thrown out is not complete disregard for this country and it's founding ____ing document. And you misspelled Koolaid dip____.

I try desperately to forget our esteemed MR. FRANK and you just ruined my August. Oh Well, football around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    let's not forget that even though there were close to 20 written warnings by the Bush administration we had testimony from the chairmen of the House and Senate committees that all was well with F-Mae and F-Mac

-I can still see the Videos of Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and their saying all was well and there was nothing to worry about---The damn thing put this country and its savings back 10 years and worse got the dumbest president as far as knowledge of the private sector ever!!!

He has no education in business as far as we know---he has NO experience ---and he has surrounded himself with the least # of advisors from the private business community ever!!!

Arbusto Energy.

I try desperately to forget our esteemed MR. FRANK and you just ruined my August. Oh Well, football around the corner.
    Go listen to Rush and sink further into dementia.

Go listen to Rush and sink further into dementia.
    Dude, no need to be fumble to people. The patriot act is a travesty that was initiated under the bush administration and has been expanded under the Obama administration. Lets all just drop this partisan finger pointing and actually work on solutions.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The Patriot Act is a great thing---The Patriot Act is a horrible thing---If used correctly its the former---if used incorrectly it is the later---But the economic solution being tried by this group along with the Obama health situation has got to be stopped and the only way is at the ballot box!!!

Time out there pal...don't blame ACORN for the mess the banks got themselves into. That's just trying to gloss over the fact that they went out of their way to lend money to people who couldn't afford it. Watch "The Queen of Versailles", and realize that ACORN had no part in this, regardless of what Rush told you.

The deregulation of the Financial Sector did not happen until 1999 by a Republican Congress. That has done more to fuel the bubble bursting affects than anything Clinton or Obama could have done, and it was not done out of Partisan ____ing contests...it was a backdoor money deal that would have happened regardless of who held the control of Congress. 7 years sounds about right. Toss in the madness that is rampant oil speculation and what you have is an economy based on "____ you-get money" principles.

Only now? Didn't Richard Nixon say it was perfectly OK for the President to break the law? Wasn't that on National TV? Obama is nothing new to DC my friend. If you think this is new...you need to stop listening to Rush, and unscrew your head from your ___. Please tell me how the Patriot Act wasn't an infringement on the constitution. I would love to know how unlawful search and seizure being thrown out is not complete disregard for this country and it's founding ____ing document. And you misspelled Koolaid dip____.
    Not sure your back ground but we saw the housing mess coming even well before 2005 and the data pointed to lots of real-estate purchases and government policies prior to 2000 (Barney Frank made sure of that), that stuff had everthing to do with Clinton and CRA and anyone involved with the law new it. ACORN was just a pawn to leverage special interest power.

OH and by the way, Nixon resigned, should we expect the same from mini-me currently in the White House? I also don't listen to Rush and I miss-spelled Koolaid on purpose, I guess you didn't get the joke with EL-Presidente and his sunglassess, beer drinking, golf playing COOLness, right? However, it does not surprise that you would evolve to blog cursing, thats all liberals do when they dont know facts and get PO'ed.

As for Patriot Act, presidents throughout the history of this country enact laws under war-time, just check out FDR's actions. This Patriot Act as bad as some things are, it did aid in battling fraud and money laundering in the banking industry in a very big way. But rather than dialing back some aspects of these laws, Obama is going full force in expanded supression of the American public.

By the way Ms. Pelosi is finally seeing whats in this new Obama health plan and has even lost the Unions. YEAH!

This is my final political diatribe or defense of such for at least a year...

GO CAJUNS, WE ARE ONE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    The Patriot Act is a great thing---The Patriot Act is a horrible thing---If used correctly its the former---if used incorrectly it is the later---But the economic solution being tried by this group along with the Obama health situation has got to be stopped and the only way is at the ballot box!!!
    I think that any time you give the federal government the ability to abuse it's power, its a horrible thing. The government should always fear the people and not the other way around.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by njustice View Post
    I think that any time you give the federal government the ability to abuse it's power, its a horrible thing. The government should always fear the people and not the other way around.

Bingo.

Not sure your back ground but we saw the housing mess coming even well before 2005 and the data pointed to lots of real-estate purchases and government policies prior to 2000 (Barney Frank made sure of that), that stuff had everthing to do with Clinton and CRA and anyone involved with the law new it. ACORN was just a pawn to leverage special interest power.
    I'm not sure what my background has to do with it...but no one saw the housing mess coming. Otherwise something would have been done to stop it. Data can be manipulated to make any outcome seem feasible. That's the problem with it. You don't have to pour over mountains of data to know that the housing crisis and the financial crisis were caused by Wall Street run amok. That has nothing to do with either party, though the deregulation happened under a Republican Congress, and a lame duck, impeached, saxophone playing, surplus having president named Bill. If Bush came into office, noticed the problem, and put Congress to task to fix it, that would make your argument hold water. But...we all know that isn't what happened in the least. Instead, Bush pushed forward more deregulation. But still, there is no partisan finger pointing because if the democrats had won, the same would have happened.

OH and by the way, Nixon resigned, should we expect the same from mini-me currently in the White House? I also don't listen to Rush and I miss-spelled Koolaid on purpose, I guess you didn't get the joke with EL-Presidente and his sunglassess, beer drinking, golf playing COOLness, right? However, it does not surprise that you would evolve to blog cursing, thats all liberals do when they dont know facts and get PO'ed.
    Nixon resigned because...survey says...he broke the law and got caught red handed being a supreme idiot. Why would Obama be brought to trial? What laws has he broken? Oh, that's right...you just don't like the black guy. That's what it's all about, isn't it? Blacks aren't smart enough to run the country. All they do is rob and steal and make poor whitey's life a living hell. Don't worry...whitey still runs ____. Quick fact...George W Bush took more time off from the White House than any president in the history of the Union. And he loved to snort cocaine, and abortions for his wife. Once again I get painted as a liberal, even though I am a registered Republican, and voted for Mitt Romney in the last election. Just like all liberals do is curse when they get beaten, once a person with a brain challenges your veiled racism, you call them a liberal. This then denigrates into a lot of chest bumping and ground humping.

As for Patriot Act, presidents throughout the history of this country enact laws under war-time, just check out FDR's actions. This Patriot Act as bad as some things are, it did aid in battling fraud and money laundering in the banking industry in a very big way. But rather than dialing back some aspects of these laws, Obama is going full force in expanded supression of the American public.
    Problem is...we weren't at war. We were attacked by...someone...who flew a plane into a building. There was no declaration of war. I say someone because even Bin Laden was cleared once he died by an American court because there was no evidence to support the fact that he orchestrated anything with either of the two WTC bombings. But hey, we need to protect our freedoms from evil Arabs, so lets get rid of our freedoms. Obama is merely continuing the PNAC doctrine like he was told to do. But he didn't start the fire...

By the way Ms. Pelosi is finally seeing whats in this new Obama health plan and has even lost the Unions. YEAH!
    OK...

This is my final political diatribe or defense of such for at least a year...

GO CAJUNS, WE ARE ONE!!!
    I can agree on that. Isn't it great we live in a country where anyone can have their own political ideas, regardless of how shoved down their throat that political idea is.

Quote Originally Posted by njustice View Post
    It's even worse when the Federal government is bought lock, stock, and barrel by corporations and run as the corporations see fit. Everyone sees the Feds as the ultimate evil. Follow the money trail and realize they are only the messenger.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3